• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

ebzxfq.gif

I feel as though I could do this in that indiana Jones xbox game.

Contextual set pieces never impressed me much. Nice to look at though, and it will be hype the first time you pull it off.

jWILL253

Banned
FF14... Online
FF7 PS3 teaser
dragon quest musou.

SE has been fucking with people for decades. Sorry y'all ain't notice before.

Bruh,that thread on gaming side. Everybody awll in their feelings. I can't even help but laugh.

I don't know what's funnier: that troll or the meltdowns from people who for some reason still expect anything good to come from Square Enix...

You know what... NO FUCK THAT

I went into this weekend expecting NOTHING. I didn't expect anything but more Mountain Dew shit from TGA, and I didn't go into PSX expecting a TLG trailer, or a FFVII remake. But both events went really well, IMO. King's Quest & Tacoma made TGA for me, and PSX had plenty of good stuff for anyone who isn't pigeonholed into AAA gaming. Then, Square come out here, and I'm expecting more XV stuff. Then they show the VII logo, and I get goosebumps. Then the trailer plays.

Fuck them. I'm buying XV and KH3 used. They KNEW how people felt about a VII remake, and they go out there and fuck with everybody with a port trailer...

buy from the psn?

It's unlikely to show up in the European PSN and frankly, I don't like buying digital games.
Aside from Soul Sacrifice Delta, which I deeply regret buying, the only digital games I have have been part of Humble Bundles or similar ridiculous sales.

Sounds like solutions.

What I'm saying is the hassle isn't worth the price of the PS4.

Blackmarvel:"But why doesn't Sony and Atlus build me my own velvet room?"

Lol, it's the least they could do.

I went into this weekend expecting NOTHING. I didn't expect anything but more Mountain Dew shit from TGA, and I didn't go into PSX expecting a TLG trailer, or a FFVII remake. But both events went really well, IMO. King's Quest & Tacoma made TGA for me, and PSX had plenty of good stuff for anyone who isn't pigeonholed into AAA gaming. Then, Square come out here, and I'm expecting more XV stuff. Then they show the VII logo, and I get goosebumps. Then the trailer plays.

Fuck them. I'm buying XV and KH3 used. They KNEW how people felt about a VII remake, and they go out there and fuck with everybody with a port trailer...

YUP. FUCK EM.

Malyse

This is why I love square. Who else could get people this hot?

KumaJG

It's unlikely to show up in the European PSN and frankly, I don't like buying digital games.
Aside from Soul Sacrifice Delta, which I deeply regret buying, the only digital games I have have been part of Humble Bundles or similar ridiculous sales.

What I'm saying is the hassle isn't worth the price of the PS4.

Lol, it's the least they could do.

I am talking about buying from the US-PSN store if you choose to go that route. Really easy.

1. Make PSN account using fake US address
2. Buy the game via paypal or US game cards.

Merc_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Avn2nT16FA

I feel like with every single Playstation/Xbox conference, I get told that the PC is secretly winning the console wa... whatever you wanna call this.

Considering you can't play Uncharted, Gears, God of War, Gran Turismo, Halo and get the ports ultra-late, like GTAV, or no port, like RDR, no, not really.

I actually hoped to see some of Titan Souls, but The Forest, Time Force with Shu's STFU Twitter attack, Until Dawn, The Order, BB and the early GOTY candidate that is UC4 I'm more than happy with.

And then they said 17 years ago--there was a reason why those cheers erupted. I was like...PC remake? Cmon son.

I know the reasons why, but it still didn't help.

I feel as though I could do this in that indiana Jones xbox game.

Contextual set pieces never impressed me much. Nice to look at though, and it will be hype the first time you pull it off.

Posts like these make me feel like no one considered that it'll be in multiplayer. TR's multiplayer was trash.
UC3's was pretty good, and seeing some of those mechanics with co-op and competitive in mind has me really hyped.

Nothing wrong. I have a feeling people going to analyze the hell out of it.

Pretty much, even though it's a long way off.

Trey

Considering you can't play Uncharted, Gears, God of War, Gran Turismo, Halo and get the ports ultra-late, like GTAV, or no port, like RDR, no, not really.

It's the best platform to own, and really it's not even close.

You miss out on some exclusives, but literally everything is better with gaming on PC.

Posts like these make me feel like no one considered that it'll be in multiplayer. TR's multiplayer was trash.
UC3's was pretty good, and seeing some of those mechanics with co-op and competitive in mind has me really hyped.

looool

How janky would that shit be in multiplayer? will the opponent get locked into the animation when you pull it off?

Trey

Nope. I don't have disposable income, and I also know how to show restraint.

I'm a fan, not a fiend.

those five dollars you'll save on the purchase make all the difference.

Also, buying new doesn't directly pay the publishers unless you buy it directly from their site.

Just buy the games new and get your preorder bonus keyblade keychain.

I already have a way Square can top this trolling.

Announce that they've changed the main character of FFXV from Sasuke to a black female and make an official statement saying they did it to show solidarity to black people in the US.

The internet would shut down and gamergate would turn into "niggergate".

It's the best platform to own, and really it's not even close.

You miss out on some of the best exclusives in gaming, but sometimes the ports are better, even if the community has to fix it.

FTFY. I'm typing on a $3k laptop and there's an equally beast PC in the office downstairs; it's not the best platform to own, it is one of the best, sure, but PC gaming only is for the birds.

The only answer is to own them all.
except WiiU, no one needs it

looool

How janky would that shit be in multiplayer? will the opponent get locked into the animation when you pull it off?

Just say "I didn't play UC2 or UC3 multiplayer and have no idea what I'm talking about", it sounds better than the shit you just typed. How about you go watch some videos or y'know, play, and come back later?

Sounds like solutions.

Blackmarvel:"But why doesn't Sony and Atlus build me my own velvet room?"

What's your country's minimum wage?

Lol not enough that video games aren't cut at the first sign of trouble. I don't know what point you guys are trying to make, I said not releasing the game in my region gave me less reasons to buy a PS4. Can I still play it by jumping through hoops/paying more? Sure. But why the fuck should I have to? And how does jumping through hoops/paying more encourage me to do so? If they want my money, they need to make a case for it and they aren't doing that.

Gentlemen, ladies, today the screen on my cellphone began to rapidly die.

In an effort to preserve my constant data connection, I ventured to the nearest AT&T store to purchase a new one.

I was told I could only obtain this new phone through their payment plan.

Ladies, gentlemen, two things I do not do. Credit cards and payment plans.

I turned this option down and was refused a phone. My insistence on paying in full up front fell on deaf ears.

I was denied.

I say all this only to explain that I was left with little other recourse. They forced my hand.

I've called in the nuclear option.

"Hey, mom?"

Looking forward to my $5 S5

sounds like the rep just wanted to up their conversion rate byu switching your plan.

Trey

Just say "I didn't play UC2 or UC3 multiplayer and have no idea what I'm talking about", it sounds better than the shit you just typed. How about you go watch some videos or y'know, play, and come back later?

I played UC2 multiplayer once. Saw no reason to ever play it again.

Trey

PC and Console are two different platforms/markets. Never even comparable.

Is that Labor working on Tomorrow Children?

They share 90 percent of all games, and the PC platform almost invariably is the superior version.

Shame some actually relevant games like DMC3 are ass on the PC.

I played UC2 multiplayer once. Saw no reason to ever play it again.

Point stands. I can't take the opinion seriously because it's not based on anything except 1 play session from 2009, so we can drop it here.

But the changes for that have me excited for the multiplayer precisely because you can do all that.

They share 90 percent of all games, and the PC platform almost invariably is the superior version.

Sometimes, yes, sometimes no. You noted one example, there's others.
And again, part of the reason you need both.
I remember arguing with people that next-gen GTA V would come out before the PC version did.

Maybe I'll login now.
lol

Trey

Point stands. I can't take the opinion seriously because it's not based on anything except 1 play session from 2009, so we can drop it here.

But the changes for that have me excited for the multiplayer precisely because you can do all that.

A cursory look at some uncharted 3 gameplay footage shows me nothing that leads me to believe rope setpieces will be a thing. Mind pointing me in the direction of something that will?

KumaJG

Still can't compare the two. PC is an open platform. The user determines their experiences. Consoles on the other hand are fixed / you get what you paid for type of deal.

Console and PC are two different platforms. Not even remotely competing with each other. Can't compare the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom