• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Still can't compare the two. PC is an open platform. The user determines their experiences. Consoles on the other hand are fixed / you get what you paid for type of deal.

Console and PC are two different platforms. Not even remotely competing with each other. Can't compare the two.

You can compare them. They do the same thing with mostly the same software in different ways.

The platforms may not compete with each other directly, but to a consumer looking for a means to play games, you can compare and contrast each platform's pros and cons and how they differ relative to each other.

d8clcicfihuoevs91l6z.gif

Never forget! Laugh=Dagger..

A cursory look at some uncharted 3 gameplay footage shows me nothing that leads me to believe rope setpieces will be a thing. Mind pointing me in the direction of something that will?

UC3 already did this with the zipline in Yemen as one example.

And from the other direction.

Doesn't include stuff like the sandstorms, and stage effects they had.
So yea, pretty easy to imagine if you actually played.

The Docks level has swimming (although, don't do this, easy way to get shot), and the vertical combat combined with the arena-style shootouts is a pretty easy thing to get. I'm not trying to convince you mind you, but your earlier comment was pretty laughable to someone that played it.

Malyse

I don't even want a FF7 remake, and I know that announcement was some bullshit.

Has there ever been a game company that just fails to understand on the level of Square Enix?

Like, even Nintendo at their most backward doesn't really match this nonsense.

Naw, they knew exactly what they were doing. That was a "shut the fuck up about FFVII" announcement.

Tangential:
Tim Rogers said:
Square-Enix fucked the hell up with Final Fantasy XII — not the game itself, of course. We loved the game. They fucked up the marketing. They drove the genius director away by generally being assholes (source: hearsay); they alienated the fans by feeding them tiny scraps of cut-scenes in which no one said anything deeper than “Let’s go!” No one knew what the story was about, and the nature of the playable part of the game was, like, G-14 classified. So up-fucked was the marketing that the first man in line to buy the game at the Tsutaya store in Shibuya, when offered a photo opportunity with Yoichi “President of Square-Enix” Wada, accepted Wada’s “Thank you for your years of service patronage, honorable consumer” with a breathless “Please remake Final Fantasy VII on the PlayStation 3 as soon as possible thank you very much”. (Source: we were there.) The man hadn’t even played Final Fantasy XII; he knew nothing about it; he had already decided that he liked Final Fantasy VII better. This is a terrifying case of “Damned if you do / you can’t not do“. You’re walking right straight at being damned!

I'd be sick of that shit too.

Trey

The Docks level has swimming (although, don't do this, easy way to get shot), and the vertical combat combined with the arena-style shootouts is a pretty easy thing to get. I'm not trying to convince you mind you, but your earlier comment was pretty laughable to someone that played it.

that was neat but extremely janky.

that was neat but extremely janky.

Some of that (like the slowdown) is not during gameplay, that's slo-mo replay the player did afterwards in the editor.

No shit? The one of the highest rated ff games of all time is better than the most contentious?

VI > your fave

Yea, 12 > 13 isn't an unpopular opinion.
But 10 > 12 or 12 >10 will start some fights.

Boombloxer and Boombox...12 different dudes with Sonic avatars. Shit is getting confusing lol.

I was here first tho

Maybe time to add an avatar.

royalan

Despite its flaws, FF 12 is the most transformative addition to the franchise since FFVII, and was a major step in the direction the series should have gone in.

That Square Enix as a company didn't bend over backwards to kiss Matsuno's ass for making that game just goes to show how fucking tone deaf that company is. Anybody expecting a good game from them at this point is delusional. FFIV will flop, and KH3 won't see the light of day.

Malyse

Despite its flaws, FF 12 is the most transformative addition to the franchise since FFVII, and was a major step in the direction the series should have gone in.

That Square Enix as a company didn't bend over backwards to kiss Matsuno's ass for making that game just goes to show how fucking tone deaf that company is. Anybody expecting a good game from them at this point is delusional. FFIV will flop, and KH3 won't see the light of day.
Outside of graphical fidelity, VII is VI remixed with a less effective villain.

2526863-4942004066-ffplo.gif

And KH3 is coming. You underestimate the amount of not fucking around Disney has been doing.

KumaJG

XII was better than XIII.

*walks away*

XII in my top 5 final fantasy game.

You can compare them. They do the same thing with mostly the same software in different ways.

The platforms may not compete with each other directly, but to a consumer looking for a means to play games, you can compare and contrast each platform's pros and cons and how they differ relative to each other.

Still can't compare the two.

Yeah man, that battle system (taken from 11, but who cares) was forward thinking. I wish we had a system like the Gambit system in 13. I don't want to go to my items when I need to cure poison, set that shit up auto. Like that was some innovative shit

Yeah man, that battle system (taken from 11, but who cares) was forward thinking. I wish we had a system like the Gambit system in 13. I don't want to go to my items when I need to cure poison, set that shit up auto. Like that was some innovative shit

The number of people who hated the gambit system annoyed the fuck outta me. Had cats sayin shit like "I don't want to learn how to program just to play a FF game". Then FFXIII came out "I wish this had a gambit system like FFXII" … ungrateful fucks I swear.

Fuck outta here. FFXII was like the only FFXII in which I actively enjoyed battles. No transition screens, you can see enemies on the map. Shit was sublime as fuck. I put over 110hrs into that game man.

Trey

Gambit system was magnificent. The options. If I'm always going to use a potion when I'm at X health, why not just set it to script? And if for some reason you didn't want to do something scripted, you could always override it real time. And you could control just how much you wanted to use it, or not use it at all.

I liked the leveling/class system, too.

you only had a bad time if you wanted to do everything yourself, which was not how you played that game. Once you understood that the game is trying to help you out and let it, you had a good time because you didn't have to constantly worry about random shit as constantly as a traditional RPG. Like I imagine folks was playing it like that and you had to adjust accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom