• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

KumaJG

The number of people who hated the gambit system annoyed the fuck outta me. Had cats sayin shit like "I don't want to learn how to program just to play a FF game". Then FFXIII came out "I wish this had a gambit system like FFXII" … ungrateful fucks I swear.

Fuck outta here. FFXII was like the only FFXII in which I actively enjoyed battles. No transition screens, you can see enemies on the map. Shit was sublime as fuck. I put over 110hrs into that game man.

The Gambit system was a god send. Plus the characters was extremely customizable which made the game even better. The setting easily the best in a FF game. Fran, Basch and Balthier were my team

Playstation is going for the kill this generation. Ps4 to PC cross platform play, Street Fighter 5 exclusive, new God of War, alot of indie support, Persona 5, uncharted 4, etc. Hopefully xbox can get their shit together or they are gonna end up getting left behind again.

Village

Are we still pretending that FFXIII was a legitimately bad game?

But Jon tron made an episode about!

Kidding aside, I don't like 13 very much and understand if people say its bad. But that's not my issue with 13 .

The issue was, why did we need two sequels. And all the stuff that came with that. Epically the weird internal stuff. But I'm not going to dwell on that 13 is gone , despite how much toriyama wants his waifu to exist we have moved on. I now wait for the road trip game 15 and The Disney Square enix existential pow wow spectacular.

XII and XIII both disappointing imo. In no way do I want macros in my jrpgs. I dislike that aspect of the DA games as well. I prefer to micro manage my party. Otherwise it barely feels like I'm playing. I mean if you wanted to, you could set your gambits in XII up in such a way that the game will literally play itself.

DominoKid

XII and XIII both disappointing imo. In no way do I want macros in my jrpgs. I dislike that aspect of the DA games as well. I prefer to micro manage my party. Otherwise it barely feels like I'm playing. I mean if you wanted to, you could set your gambits in XII up in such a way that the game will literally play itself.

Thats the point of the gambit system. I wish more rpgs had that. Having to click everything is a pain.I'd much rather just tweak strategies as needed and then override it when necessary.

But Jon tron made an episode about!

Kidding aside, I don't like 13 very much and understand if people say its bad. But that's not my issue with 13 .

The issue was, why did we need two sequels. And all the stuff that came with that. Epically the weird internal stuff. But I'm not going to dwell on that 13 is gone , despite how much toriyama wants his waifu to exist we have moved on. I now wait for the road trip game 15 and The Disney Square enix existential pow wow spectacular.

The sequels are the best part of the whole 13 situation.

Trey

Then don't use it, and you have a normal Final Fantasy experience.

Village

The sequels are the best part of the whole 13 situation.

If the allocating resources to work on those games thing is true , I dunno.

Outside of graphical fidelity, VII is VI remixed with a less effective villain.

I would argue 7 had a more effective villian due to the cultural impact.

Who is six's villain, Anime joker. Thats fine, that's ok, but that's what it is.

Who is 7's villian, a model that shall be used by character designers across all mediums for a very long ass time.

Don't matter though, best FF villian is kuja

All he wants to do keep his milk shake bringing the boys to the yard.

Thats it.

Thats the point of the gambit system

Nah I mean people were literally setting up gambits and doing some controller macgyver-ing and then they could walk away from the game entirely and come back later having earned levels.

Point of my post is that's not my thing. I don't even use macros in mmos. I want to play the game, not have the AI play for me.

Then don't use it, and you have a normal Final Fantasy experience.

Nah man. It wasn't the typical ATB experience even when you didn't use gambits.

You know how much money SE wasted on XIII's dev cycle.

You bet they were gonna recycle assets somehow.

If the allocating resources to work on those games thing is true , I dunno.

I would argue 7 had a more effective villian due to the cultural impact.

Who is six's villain, Anime joker. Thats fine, that's ok, but that's what it is.

Who is 7's villian, a model that shall be used by character designers across all mediums for a very long ass time.

Don't matter though, best FF villian is kuja

All he wants to do keep his milk shake bringing the boys to the yard.

Thats it.

Lol allocate resources they were going to use for what? Versus 13?

xnFmrQ8.gif

RedSwirl

Y'all are on-point with FFXII. The story didn't turn out how it should have (at the time most FF fans thought cut scenes were the most important parts of the games) and there were some late-game balance issues, but that game should've been the future of the franchise. It was the first game in the series where I didn't eventually get bored of combat because everything was in one seamless gameplay state. I spent like 90 hours on that game. And you can turn off gambits too. Just turn them off, turn on "wait mode," and it basically becomes more like a BioWare RPG where you micromanage every second of the fight.

In a better world Matsuno and his team would've led the way for JRPGs in general. Japanese devs wanna know how to appeal to the west, FFXII is basically how. Dragon Age on consoles is probably what took the most after FFXII. At least FFXV is looking fairly similar. At the time though, I could understand the backlash -- XII was basically "Final Fantasy for people who don't like Final Fantasy."

XII is the one FF game I need to see get an HD version on PS3 or PS4 or PC or something.

Trey

I lied about my age when I was a kid at summer camp, because I didn't want to be grouped with the younger scrubs in sports.

Somewhere nomura is burning with rage.

Let him, all the resources in the world wouldn't have got that game out quicker, they'd have just dug themselves a deeper hole. I'm dreading FF15's release, it cannot live up to all these years of hype. People are going to want to crucify motherfuckers over the smallest perceived flaw.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
12 needs a hd remaster

Let me tell you, it's worth digging up your copy and running it on a PC emulator. Instant HD edition. It's a beautiful thing. Same thing goes with RE Outbreak. Just the upped resolution does wonders for it. Beautiful thing.

Village

Let him, all the resources in the world wouldn't have got that game out quicker, they'd have just dug themselves a deeper hole. I'm dreading FF15's release, it cannot live up to all these years of hype. People are going to want to crucify motherfuckers over the smallest perceived flaw.

I remember back when word first hit about him not being on the project anymore. Kagari was hinting and suggesting that namura was quite pissed and at something else and people were suggesting... he had FFvs ready to show at multiple points and square turned him away multiple times, if that's true and the combination of using staff and then taking him off the project I can understand why he is upset.

" You didn't let me do the thing, and I tried to do the thing, and then you took me off the thing. "

KumaJG

Of all the games shown today I am most excited about Until Dawn and Fat Princess Adventures(*cough* Castle Crash *cough*)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Marlow Briggs is better than Kratos, easy. Kratos is such a dipshit.

G-Fex

someone never played MM Legends

I did. I like it a lot.

My pal levelbest saw me play megaman legends and called it boring. Maybe I was taking too long getting the action I don't know.

Odd he thinks that's boring yet continuously plays Code Veronica and stuff.

ReiGun

Think I'm gonna fire up ff12 tonight. Never did finish it.

God of War never did it for me. I tried but I just can't enjoy the combat.

Malyse

I did. I like it a lot.

My pal levelbest saw me play megaman legends and called it boring. Maybe I was taking too long getting the action I don't know.

Odd he thinks that's boring yet continuously plays Code Veronica and stuff.
LIES. You're swapping you and your friend's opinions because, as we all know, you hate everything.

G-Fex

LIES. You're swapping you and your friend's opinions because, as we all know, you hate everything.

Nah, I did like it, I thought it'd be well the future of Mega man games like how Zelda transfered to 3D. I thought wrong.

I thought the 3DS one looked bad cause you're not even playing as megaman from the previews of it, what gives? I don't give a crap about some new character. It's called Mega Man Legends.

Anyway, I like X but only played X4 and X1. Not the other ones, I hate Zero. Long haired fig newton.

It's amazing, my friend thinks that's boring yet continuously plays RE games :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom