• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furyous

Remember that story I told? She was a cosplayer chick who frequented furry conventions, and my friend thought he was doing me a solid.

Why didn't you hook up with her?

I'M STILL MAD about that ether card. The shit was one of the the fucking worst events in battle rap history.

RedSwirl

Again, like this? A full release, not a free-to-play shot? Probably not.

For nearly two years, Ono has had to hem and haw about how Capcom doesn't offer him the budget to make all the stuff SF fans want happen.

He admitted they couldn't even get the budget to update Street Fighter x Tekken. Ono could barely get fucking Street Fighter IV off the ground.

Seriously, if you look at years of interviews, Ono has always presented Street Fighter as the extra arm of the company. Capcom acknowledges that it's there and it has a long history, but it doesn't make them Resident Evil and Monster Hunter money, so it doesn't get much in the way of resources. You know what else got treated like that? Mega Man.

Sony gives Capcom an out, they can make Street Fighter, but they don't have to pay for the entire thing. So Capcom takes it.

You can lament the exclusivity, but don't present it like Street Fighter is this wonderful, well-oiled machine chugging along at Capcom or that Capcom hates fans. Shit is just business.

And Esco's problem is that people will rage at this for pages upon pages, but threads about issues like minority and female representation in games gets swept up and derailed.

Average rappers who have experienced a great deal of success, including a Grammy in Macklemore's case. People believe that they've received this undue extra success because they are white. "Cultural appropriation" as an idea tends to pop up more when the group doing the appropriating experiences far more success than the originating group.

This. I haven't actually read anything about Sony co-funding SFV, but I wouldn't doubt it. At this point Nintendo needs to start co-funding new Mega Man games or something.

Malyse

I guess I finally gotta ask: who the fuck are Iggy Azela and Macklemore?

Maybe I'm just way too out of music culture or whatever since I stopped listening to rap with lyrics in it. I've caught a lot of conversation about the cultural appropriation of rap on the part of these people and how they swept music awards, and I don't even know where they came from.

0WC.jpg

I guess I finally gotta ask: who the fuck are Iggy Azela and Macklemore?

Maybe I'm just way too out of music culture or whatever since I stopped listening to rap with lyrics in it. I've caught a lot of conversation about the cultural appropriation of rap on the part of these people and how they swept music awards, and I don't even know where they came from.

Here are links to their wikipedia entries:

Macklemore

Iggy

Slayven

Again, like this? A full release, not a free-to-play shot? Probably not.

For nearly two years, Ono has had to hem and haw about how Capcom doesn't offer him the budget to make all the stuff SF fans want happen.

He admitted they couldn't even get the budget to update Street Fighter x Tekken. Ono could barely get fucking Street Fighter IV off the ground.

Seriously, if you look at years of interviews, Ono has always presented Street Fighter as the extra arm of the company. Capcom acknowledges that it's there and it has a long history, but it doesn't make them Resident Evil and Monster Hunter money, so it doesn't get much in the way of resources. You know what else got treated like that? Mega Man.

Sony gives Capcom an out, they can make Street Fighter, but they don't have to pay for the entire thing. So Capcom takes it.

You can lament the exclusivity, but don't present it like Street Fighter is this wonderful, well-oiled machine chugging along at Capcom or that Capcom hates fans. Shit is just business.

And Esco's problem is that people will rage at this for pages upon pages, but threads about issues like minority and female representation in games gets swept up and derailed.

Average rappers who have experienced a great deal of success, including a Grammy in Macklemore's case. People believe that they've received this undue extra success because they are white. "Cultural appropriation" as an idea tends to pop up more when the group doing the appropriating experiences far more success than the originating group.

See I feel like I owe you money now for doing 1243309% the average work of an internet article for just a messagebaord post.

harSon

Banned
It'll be interesting to see how Capcom fares financially in the near future. They've been on the verge of hitting rock bottom for a few years now, and any disruption of the status quo can potentially put a damper on Sony's deal with them. EA purchasing Bioware put a wrench in Microsoft's deal with Bioware regarding Mass Effect, and Itagaki being forced from Team Ninja made Ninja Gaiden on Playstation a reality. I wonder what outs, if any, Capcom has in regards to SFV moving forward.

Malyse

Furry huh?

True, that or anime fangirl or moba fangirl would probably scare me off.

I couldn't handle the annoyance.

Anyone who is defined by their likes tends to not be fun to date.

It'll be interesting to see how Capcom fares financially in the near future. They've been on the verge of hitting rock bottom for a few years now, and any disruption of the status quo can potentially put a damper on Sony's deal with them. EA purchasing Bioware put a wrench in Microsoft's deal with Bioware regarding Mass Effect, and Itagaki being forced from Team Ninja made Ninja Gaiden on Playstation a reality.

They'll sell Megaman to Nintendo. This will happen right after Nintendo buys Sega and before Disney buys Nintendo. Smash 5 and KH4 will be the GOAT.

Village

Anyone who is defined by their likes tends to not be fun to date..

I would argue that a lot of those people, but their passion gives people the assuption that it does.

A lot of them dudes have lives and are just successful enough that they can afford to run around dressed in costume playing pretend for a few days enjoying themselves.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Put it like this: if chapter 9 is RE1, Chapter 10 is RE4, then Chapter 11/12 are RE5/6

you'll see

Yo, what in the fuck. At least chapter 11 had that first half of that section in the warehouse. The rest of this shit though
MuVqCTn.png
. I can't decide whether or not the beginning of chapter 11 is worse than all of chapter 12, or vice-versa.

Yo, what in the fuck. At least chapter 11 had that first half of that section in the warehouse. The rest of this shit though
MuVqCTn.png
. I can't decide whether or not the beginning of chapter 11 is worse than all of chapter 12, or vice-versa.

"return of survival horror"

I think you kill more people in chapter 12 the entire Island section of RE4

KumaJG

A lot of people don't realize how much it cost / what goes into making a game. I wonder if Sony offered SFV to MS? I see case where that happen and MS refuses because of their stance on crossplay.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I've heard nothing but good things about Alien: Isolation being a survival horror above The Evil Within. Gonna pick it up soon to see if that's legit.

strobogo

Banned
I've heard nothing but good things about Alien: Isolation being a survival horror above The Evil Within. Gonna pick it up soon to see if that's legit.

I hope you enjoy opening doors. That's about 95% of the game. And then you find new ways to open doors. And then you open doors. And then you open a different door. And then there is a door and you open it.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I hope you enjoy opening doors. That's about 95% of the game. And then you find new ways to open doors. And then you open doors. And then you open a different door. And then there is a door and you open it.

Sounds like every other survival horror, including the ones I've played recently aka RE2, SH2 and SH3.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
"return of survival horror"

I think you kill more people in chapter 12 the entire Island section of RE4

Poor Mike died for shit like this.

Evil Within? The return of the L.

I'm not surprised.

The EW fanatics still patting themselves on the back for it?

I mean...it's still a good game. lol. Survivor horror being a dumbass genre description aside, you usually have as much ammo on you as you would in the old titles. Let's not speak of easy mode in the old RE games, especially Nemesis. Jill had more ammo right off the bat than I've had all game (might be mixing it up with CVX, but still).

Still, these two chapters belong in RE5 & 6.

I want to get that next. Playing that shit on a projector might shorten my lifespan. lol

G-Fex

Poor Mike died for shit like this.

I mean...it's still a good game. lol. Survivor horror being a dumbass genre description aside, you usually have as much ammo on you as you would in the old titles. Let's not speak of easy mode in the old RE games, especially Nemesis. Jill had more ammo right off the bat than I've had all game.

Still, these two chapters belong in RE5 & 6. l

Thank you.

It really is. I fucking hate the 'Survival horror' description.

It was gonna be a blind date, so no.

Because a second friend heard what was up and told me all this info in the first place. I'm not so thirsty that I'm willing to hook up with a girl who is about that furry life.
It's not a crook life, she could have been a part time furry. I knew one that would only cat ears up like once a month

Malyse

That Cole Slaw post is the most ignorant shit I've seen all day.

You must have skipped the 23 times America failed black folk thread then.

"What do you mean white people can't rap? That's racist!"
"No, white people can rap, that's not the issue. We're talking about cultural appropriation"
"Don't hate on Igloo and Mackerel cause they are popular and win awards!"
"No one is saying that. Look, read this link. It will explain it."
"I'm not going to read that, but I really don't see what the issue is here. White people rapping isn't a problem, so your entire list is invalid."

drake-wtf.jpg

Also, shout out to <+)O Robido O(+>. This man gets it.

You must have skipped the 23 times America failed black folk thread then.

"What do you mean white people can't rap? That's racist!"
"No, white people can rap, that's not the issue. We're talking about cultural appropriation"
"Don't hate on Igloo and Mackerel cause they are popular and win awards!"
"No one is saying that. Look, read this link. It will explain it."
"I'm not going to read that, but I really don't see what the issue is here. White people rapping isn't a problem, so your entire list is invalid."

drake-wtf.jpg

Also, shout out to <+)O Robido O(+>. This man gets it.

Yo I'm done lol

Malyse

Rather the glow of a LCD to keep me warm then your body pillow with ona hole.

I don't even know what an ona hole is, but I'm certain that I shouldn't google it considering the source. And the fact that you would rather have a monitor in bed with you than a person is terrifying. Don't fuck your computer, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom