• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

sZpJUqd.jpg

I can't even see that.

There are people who finished homestuck?

It's not done yet, but came back from a year-long hiatus a few weeks ago. People that have made it this far have some crazy shit going on just about every update, but the final act should be starting up sometime near the end of January. It's almost finished.

jWILL253

Banned
I'm glad to be only 10th on that list. Enough posts to stay current on the cycle, but not too much to the point that people wonder if I have such an abrasive life that I only find happiness through GAF.

I'm glad to be only 10th on that list. Enough posts to stay current on the cycle, but not too much to the point that people wonder if I have such an abrasive life that I only find happiness through GAF.

These niggas Slayven and DreamDrop both got 2 times the post of the 3rd highest poster. 'scust

DominoKid

LeSean Thomas ‏@LeSeanThomas 40m40 minutes ago
Btwn Aug-Dec 2014, #UnderThedog, #Hulabuloo,#Urbance & #CannonBusters raised over $1.6M. Crowdfunding may be home for new 2D animated IPs.:D

and now we wait.

I am kinda glad i have no idea what homestuck is.

The long and short of it is that it's a very love-it-or-hate-it sort of thing, and most people start rapidly losing interest after Act 1, which is forty minutes to an hour's worth of reading / multimedia "comic panels" / flash videos, give or take. Act 1 is by and large the shortest, and it's hard to really get people on board nowadays just because there's a ridiculous amount of content to go through at this point. As of today it's just over 9,000 "pages," and webpages can vary in content from a single panel to interactive flash games that can take an hour or two to complete to "parent pages" that link to additional pages and so on and so forth, albeit the latter's pretty uncommon. Personally, I fell in love with it due to the esoteric presentation and the multimedia scope, the world-building, emphasis on character relationships, etc. but understandably there are people that like it less (and more) than me for various reasons.

An actual, surprisingly short plot summary is available on the Wiki. It's also one of those franchises where the longevity and constant updates make it walking spoiler territory, though.

Malyse

LeSean Thomas ‏@LeSeanThomas 40m40 minutes ago
Btwn Aug-Dec 2014, #UnderThedog, #Hulabuloo,#Urbance & #CannonBusters raised over $1.6M. Crowdfunding may be home for new 2D animated IPs.:D

and now we wait.
I rather love that we live in a time where we can very directly demand content. Like, that Shantae exists right now makes me beyond happy.

I've been feeling my needs lately and a brotha bout to graduate, so I decided to do some semi-reckless shit. I've been approaching some sistas on campus and say "Hey I know, it's the end of the semester and I'm about to graduate, but I was wondering if I could get to know you in the biblical sense". None of these chics cussed me out or hit me like I was expecting. I guess TV and movies do construe social elements in reality.

I still need something reckless to do.

royalan

I've been feeling my needs lately and a brotha bout to graduate, so I decided to do some semi-reckless shit. I've been approaching some sistas on campus and say "Hey I know, it's the end of the semester and I'm about to graduate, but I was wondering if I could get to know you in the biblical sense". None of these chics cussed me out or hit me like I was expecting. I guess TV and movies do construe social elements in reality.

Yo...biblical sense...

People still say that?

Malyse

You should deffo not go up to a cop and say I heard you were looking for me. That won't end well.

royalan

I do. I wanted to say smash or fuck, but I figure that would actually get my ass beat. When I asked these two girls at the same time, they gave me a tonally insulted "no".

No! It wouldn't!

Well, I guess if you approached a person who wasn't at all into that it would get your ass beat...but that same person likely wouldn't take too kindly to "can I get to know you in the biblical sense?" It means the same thing, only the latter is corny, out-of-touch, and a little creepy (no offense).

Let me tell you where you dudes (and ladies) be fuckin up when you're trying to get a quick somethin-somethin: you try to remove all traces of sexuality from what you're wanting to be a sexual conversation. That's just weird in this day and age.

If you're in a social situation, and there's liqour going around, and you know its a bunch of singles, there's nothing wrong with being direct and obvious about your intentions (without saying shit like "biblical sense"). Of course, you have to be completely confident when you do it, and know when to read signs to back off.

Let me give you a quick example. Out at the club a few months ago. Was making eyes with a FOINE ass dude from across the bar. At some point, when I stopped paying attention , he comes around the bar and stands next to me. When I notice him, without even missing a beat he just goes, "So, you know I'mma be beatin that up by the end of the night right?" Said that shit with all the confidence in the world. Like he and I had known each other for years and it was just a done deal.

And that shit was SO FUCKING HOT! The confidence completely sold it.

I responded with something like, "Ch...you gon be beatin whatup? This here?"

What came next was about 2 and a half hours of very obvious flirting, followed by...yeah, him beatin it up.

Wham bam.

But all this beating around the bush, and overly coded language and corny shit...ain't nobody got time for that.

goddamn

that kid that got punched is gonna have kids born with tyson's face tattoo

When did veggie straws become a thing? I missed that happening.

veggie straws / chips are pretty great. We have a big box full of straw / chip bags from Sam's Club and they're a good, semi-healthy way to handle any cravings for salty snack foods you get. I'll have a bag or three every week and they taste pretty good, but it took me a few bags to get used to the "veggie" taste they have. It starts out tasting like synthesized kale, but ultimately ends up tasting like french fries when you acquire it.

No! It wouldn't!

Well, I guess if you approached a person who wasn't at all into that it would get your ass beat...but that same person likely wouldn't take too kindly to "can I get to know you in the biblical sense?" It means the same thing, only the latter is corny, out-of-touch, and a little creepy (no offense).

Let me tell you where you dudes (and ladies) be fuckin up when you're trying to get a quick somethin-somethin: you try to remove all traces of sexuality from what you're wanting to be a sexual conversation. That's just weird in this day and age.

If you're in a social situation, and there's liqour going around, and you know its a bunch of singles, there's nothing wrong with being direct and obvious about your intentions (without saying shit like "biblical sense"). Of course, you have to be completely confident when you do it, and know when to read signs to back off.

Let me give you a quick example. Out at the club a few months ago. Was making eyes with a FOINE ass dude from across the bar. At some point, when I stopped paying attention , he comes around the bar and stands next to me. When I notice him, without even missing a beat he just goes, "So, you know I'mma be beatin that up by the end of the night right?" Said that shit with all the confidence in the world. Like he and I had known each other for years and it was just a done deal.

What came next was about 2 and a half hours of very obvious flirting, followed by...yeah, him beatin it up.

Wham bam.

But all this beating around the bush, and overly coded language and corny shit...ain't nobody got time for that.

9HCs3CD.gif

i'm the dude clapping. 10/10 lesson in game game, would hand out at communion again

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Enroll now for royalan's school of love. First unit: Flirtation 101. Special guest speaker: Imm0rt4l.

No! It wouldn't!

Wham bam.

Well I don't drink or club though. I threw in "on an amorous level" a couple of times too which the word defines to sexual desire. One sista told me not to use big words around her.

Enroll now for royalan's school of love. First unit: Flirtation 101. Special guest speaker: Imm0rt4l.

Be sure to stop by the Rec Room after classes for extracurriculars, including Sub's "My SO Is Black" Awareness Prevention!

Well I don't drink or club though. I threw in "on an amorous level" a couple of times too which the word defines to sexual desire. One sista told me not to use big words around her.

I think there are bigger issues at play here than your bang game. If you want to do something reckless, I dunno, like, don't seed your torrents. You need some extra credit in Royalan 101, tho.

Roy needs to come hang out in Montreal.

Oh boy, that would be one hell of a night out.

time to update the BCT slash fic spreadsheets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom