• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Magus

I don't know who she is but props to dude.

On the same subject, was listening to old J.Cole and remembered his bar
"Dreaming of the day of a drop 500 and a bad bitch that'll go to popeyes for me".

Randomly decided to call up (facetime actually) an old flame (She got engaged 2 years back then dude flaked, they had a daughter who is 2 now)

Me: "Would you go to popeyes for me?"
Unfortunately those multiple degree holding AKAs pulling bank chicks just can't say yes or no because they're so extra.
Her: "Why am I going to popeyes crazy?"
Me: "I just need to know, if I needed popeyes would you go?"
Her: "Do you need popeyes?"
Me: "…would you go?"
Her: "Why are you asking me this?"
Me: "Just answer, it's from a song."
Her: "This sounds dangerous"
Me: "It's a J.Cole song"
Her: "Who?"
Me "Oh my god, I just want to know would you go to popeyes for me?!"
Her: "If you needed me to, yes. I would go to popeyes for you…"
Me: :3
Her: "You're crazy"
Me: :3 :3 :3 :3
Her: "Now tell me this song and why you asked me this"
Me: "In the song J.Cole says 'Dreaming of the days of a drop 500 and a bad bitch that'll go to popeyes for me' so I felt it necessary to ask."
Her: "…really"
Me: "I had to know"
Her: "Well now you do, and I'm hanging up now. Bye crazy"
Me: :3
*end*

AE pls

And welcome Jacir.

Jacir

I need to read those Chris rock interview you guys were talking about awhile back. I have the one on hollywoodreport, but there was another one about black progress on or something like that. Help me out!

The Zelda U gameplay thread made me contemplate quitting gaming side for a while. I have a hard time believing that most of GAF consist of adults at times.

At this point, devs are going to have Neil Druckmann's quote framed in all of their offices

"You have to stick to your guns and ignore NeoGAF as much as you can"

DominoKid

my cousin just texted me asking if i had deleted grandma's number out of my phone yet since she passed in April.

tbh i forgot i ever put it in my phone because it's one of the few i know by heart even though i haven't had to call it in years. she cried when she deleted it tonight. i'll probably cry when i can't remember it anymore if that ever happens one day.

it's really hit me lately that she's the only grandparent that i had.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Hello fellas. Been on neogaf for a couple of years(idk which year tho) and its only just this year I even thought about if there was a black community of some sort. So once I found about this thread, some time around OT8, started lurking and I felt like I missed a lot. But man you guys(and the bear) crack me up. So this is a quick wats up to BCT. Im on mobile so I will make another post with answers to the OPs questions or something like that.

Dammit! Y'all got everyone calling me this now! My life is over!

Hahaha jk welcome aboard!

Imm0rt4l

Druckman calls out gaf and I see a lot of nerds falling back on this uncharted 'ludonarrative dissonance'. I see a few doubling down though.

gaming-side is wack. if it aint bloodborne then it aint shit apparently.

gotta admit though the witcher 3 delay has me disappointed. but it's pretty cool timing how the two GOTY candidates are releasing in the middle of the summer, a sign of things to come?
Note this is the 2nd delay. The first was easy to call because the xbone wasn't going to be out in their home country of Poland for the original time frame

The first Mass Effect. Best individual story in the trilogy, but some of the most repetitive gameplay ever...

I just finished the trilogy. I had my nostalgia set on goddamn 11 for the first one. Story was the best part but everything else was.... 2 had its moments but minus the endinG 3 was really damn good. Each had their merits.

But the game I'm tripping on is Mirrors Edge. I really wanna like it, but just something. ..... I don't just.....

Slayven

Those braids are on point, she must have gone to MHWilliams' hair dude.

Bh7H7Ng.jpg

Why are certain black people "ok" with the idea that an issue isn't really important unless it affects white people too and make sure to point that out so things aren't seen as a race issue?? Is Charlemagne really this much of a Tom or is he just in it for the checks?

The two are not mutually exclusive.

------

D-V, sorry to hear about your loss man.

wtf man Krypton tv show...superman's grandfather...wtf

You'd think Gotham would have shown a) it's a bad idea and b) they have no idea what they're doing without their superheroes anyway.

You'd think Gotham would have shown a) it's a bad idea and b) they have no idea what they're doing without their superheroes anyway.

naw. You know that one guy we have who gets super powers from a Yellow Sun who came from a planet without one. Lets follow his grandfather as he plays golf, smoke cigs and comes up with adverts

the next racial war will be caused by airconditioning, Im at the office and people cant agree about what setting to put the shit on, white dude set it too low and now got erryboy mad

what's up fam been up all night trying to fix the mother in laws laptop. Anywho went to Target after work yesterday for some Christmas shopping they selling them playstation tv bundles for 100 bucks. bought two of em. I didn't see any signs indicating a deal and I'm not sure if it's a pricing error here in NC but I thought I'd share nonetheless.

Malyse

I hate the Witcher franchise. I have both games and I was super hype because I fucking loved the novels, but I could not with that series. Makes me worry for cyberpunk and that before we get to the misogyny.

Speaking of games that won't ever come out, where the fuck is World of Darkness? It, PSO2, and Black Desert are my triumvirate of based character creation.
what's up fam been up all night trying to fix the mother in laws laptop. Anywho went to Target after work yesterday for some Christmas shopping they selling them playstation tv bundles for 100 bucks. bought two of em. I didn't see any signs indicating a deal and I'm not sure if it's a pricing error here in NC but I thought I'd share nonetheless.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=playstation+tv

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hate the Witcher franchise. I have both games and I was super hype because I fucking loved the novels, but I could not with that series. Makes me worry for cyberpunk and that before we get to the misogyny.

Speaking of games that won't ever come out, where the fuck is World of Darkness? It, PSO2, and Black Desert are my triumvirate of based character creation.

It was canceled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom