• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

I hate the Witcher franchise. I have both games and I was super hype because I fucking loved the novels, but I could not with that series. Makes me worry for cyberpunk and that before we get to the misogyny.

Speaking of games that won't ever come out, where the fuck is World of Darkness? It, PSO2, and Black Desert are my triumvirate of based character creation.
Wasn't WoD canceled and the studio layed off?

I hate the Witcher franchise. I have both games and I was super hype because I fucking loved the novels, but I could not with that series. Makes me worry for cyberpunk and that before we get to the misogyny.

Speaking of games that won't ever come out, where the fuck is World of Darkness? It, PSO2, and Black Desert are my triumvirate of based character creation.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=playstation+tv

Picked up both Witcher games for cheap but never really got into them, they were so... boring, I guess. PSO I've managed to somehow never play, the cover for the Vita one looked interesting but apparently that's also never leaving Japan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Both Witcher games are dope as fuck. Especially loved the ending I got to Witcher 2.

Last July? Feels like It has been like a year sincr the dropped it.

Just did some looking, appears to have been April. So we're getting there.

WoD is going to come as a double pack with a Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines sequel, which will launch the week after Half Life 3. Half Life 3 is going to release alongside Shenmue 3.

Both Witcher games are dope as fuck. Especially loved the ending I got to Witcher 2.

Witcher 2 was my GOTY when it released. So hyped for 3.

Nearly shat a brick last night, brehs. I just bought a PS4 and suddenly got error CE-30005-8 which caused none of my PS4 discs to be recognized by the console.... Scoured the net for a tip and I had a lot of suggestions on how to fix it ranging from cleaning the Blu-Ray discs with a cloth (wiped them so good and repeatedly did the DJ Khaled "You're special. You're so special" to em to try and make them feel good) to reformatting. I take good care of my electronics so this burned my soul pretty slowly until I came across a Reddit link that said that one person contacted Sony support and a Sony rep suggested that the rubber footing on the bottom of the PS4 may be causing the Eject button to have issues, so the easy fix would just be to either remove the footing or to just lift up the console and gently set it down.

I was cleaning around my consoles for half of the day before playing and I did move my PS4 so it made sense. Lifted that PS4 up and lo and behold, my discs are working.

Went from
beli.png
to
mTOY6mP.png

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That's scary Spin. I would be sick if that happened to a brand new console. Not super interested in the Xbone but I've heard more quality control stories with the PS4 this past year.
my cousin just texted me asking if i had deleted grandma's number out of my phone yet since she passed in April.

tbh i forgot i ever put it in my phone because it's one of the few i know by heart even though i haven't had to call it in years. she cried when she deleted it tonight. i'll probably cry when i can't remember it anymore if that ever happens one day.

it's really hit me lately that she's the only grandparent that i had.
That is rough man. It's weird how little things like that can bring us back. My cousin just had his fiance's Facebook page memorialized. She passed last year but people were getting requests for Candy Crush and shit from her recently, probably just someone from the family playing a computer where she was logged in. Still upsetting.

Crocodile

Man some dark stuff went down in here. My condolences to Dream-Visions and I wish good luck and tidings to CrushDance if he's still around.

Jado

Banned
my cousin just texted me asking if i had deleted grandma's number out of my phone yet since she passed in April.

tbh i forgot i ever put it in my phone because it's one of the few i know by heart even though i haven't had to call it in years. she cried when she deleted it tonight. i'll probably cry when i can't remember it anymore if that ever happens one day.

it's really hit me lately that she's the only grandparent that i had.

"Six weeks." Carlin had a nice bit about how long you needed to wait before you deleted a deceased friend or relative from your phone book/email. Just found it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PiZSFIVFiU

just thought I'd circle back on this since I know you all were concerned.

the article above has been updated since the original posting. Looks like her boyfriend killed her then killed himself. I'm not really in the mood to post a pic of him yet, but I'm sure the final articles will have proper headshots. I never met him, but he certainly looked like an "ok" brotha (yea, he was a black guy) in their pictures.

Still not 100% sure that it's a murder-suicide case (in the article the police didn't confirm anything but said, "you can draw your own conclusions" or something to that effect), but that seems to be the position the police have taken. I assume the last relative they're trying to contact is from the boyfriend family.

In the last picture I see of them on Facebook from November, they look pretty happy. But pictures can often lie, and sometimes relationships have a way of suddenly turning quite bitter and very scary. Most often around the holidays, for whatever reason. Shit feels like a crapshoot and you just have to trust your senses hope that the significant other you've chosen doesn't reveal themselves to be a goddamn psycho. I'm not used to seeing brothas do the murder-suicide thing.

J10

Banned
All I said was I've had enough. Honestly, I don't think anybody in there would be that excited if it weren't about the Kree and Inhumans. SHIELD is the least interesting thing about SHIELD.

Also, the older George Carlin got the less I liked him. He became more and more misanthropic the older he got. His last special was unbearable because of that. I'd rather he just stuck with the language deconstructions and social commentary without threading that I HATE HUMANITY through all of it.

Slayven

All I said was I've had enough. Honestly, I don't think anybody in there would be that excited if it weren't about the Kree and Inhumans. SHIELD is the least interesting thing about SHIELD.

Also, the older George Carlin got the less I liked him. He became more and more misanthropic the older he got. His last special was unbearable because of that. I'd rather he just stuck with the language deconstructions and social commentary without threading that I HATE HUMANITY through all of it.

that is true of shield in any format. They only fuck up.

At least Carlin is as overrated as Louis CK

Jado

Banned
I don't see Carlin as overrated. I had to seek the guy's stuff out while he was still alive. No one was shoving it in my face and I wasn't constantly hearing about him from anyone.

Louis CK is great but definitely overrated with the endless adoration the last few years. Same people who feel iffy about non-white comedians are the ones who won't shut up about how he's a god. Had a coworker telling me she never heard of Patrice, didn't think Hart was funny at all, thought Rock and Chappelle were "okay," but then thinks Louis, Fallon and Amy Schumer are hilarious (and Justin Timberlake on SNL is the best thing ever of course).

Goes back to the "I can't relate" bullshit narrative.

Onemic

I don't see Carlin as overrated. I had to seek the guy's stuff out while he was still alive. No one was shoving it in my face and I wasn't constantly hearing about him from anyone.

Louis CK is great but definitely overrated with the endless adoration the last few years. Same people who feel iffy about non-white comedians are the ones who won't shut up about how he's a god. Had a coworker telling me she never heard of Patrice, didn't think Hart was funny at all, thought Rock and Chappelle were "okay," but then thinks Louis, Fallon and Amy Schumer are hilarious (and Justin Timberlake on SNL is the best thing ever of course).

She right tho

Slayven

Schumer is tragically unfunny. Almost Chelsea Handler unfunny.

Hart and Fallon are equally unfunny.
Yeah but no one puts them on a pedestal, except JC. Nigga loves Kevin Hart. Saw Ride Along 6 times.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Hook her up with some Patrice, Jado. I like Louis CK and think he and his writers are brilliant at setting a good tone between comedy and seriousness on his TV show but he's not the end all of comedy. I don't know how she can like him and think Rock and Chapelle are just "OK".
Patrice was funny, but he was a fucked up dude who said some questionable shit.
Oh damn, really? What did he say?

J10

Banned
Patrice was funny, but he was a fucked up dude who said some questionable shit.

He was changing for the better though. His wife challenged him on his sexist bullshit and that kinda came through in his later work and interviews. But then he just died.

I'd be lying if I said I found Kevin Hart unfunny. There are definitely comedians better at it, but he's no slouch.

Dude came a long way though, I actually remember him from Soul Plane, lmao.

Then I remember I actually watched Soul Plane, smh.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be lying if I said I found Kevin Hart unfunny. There are definitely comedians better at it, but he's no slouch.

Dude came a long way though, I actually remember him from Soul Plane, lmao.

Then I remember I actually watched Soul Plane, smh.

Soul Plane was a quality movie

I love y'all, but I can't cosign Soul Plane. Makes for a good movie to watch when you're extremely bored with your friends, at least I guess...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Def Jam's How To Be A Player never got its due. Nor did Phat Beach, a true classic of the silver screen.

Malyse

Wasn't WoD canceled and the studio layed off?

It was canceled.

Think it was back in July, too, so it's been dead for a minute.

That was a fucking terribad decision. EVE has one of the GOAT character creators. Like, they should license that shit out level of good. You could individually select muscle groups and stuff. PSO2 is the only one that comes close, but that's because it has incredibly insane levels on minutiae. Like, there's slider for bust size, but there's also a slider for what direction the breasts point.

Course you can't get rid of pancake butt, cause Japan. And you can't get a toned fem!player character. No six packed girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom