• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well
http://m.neogaf.com/search.php?searchid=26017399

I think prince is okay, but in no way do I think he deserves the pedestal that people place him on. I think someone like Bobby Brown and a good number of R&B groups from the 90's deserve attention more than him. But hey, opinions.

Now, I love New Edition and all their splinter acts (Ralph Tresvant, Bobby Brown, Johnny Gill, and Bell Biv DeVoe)

But Bobby better than Prince... I just can't see that breh, Bobby may have a more "powerful" voice but damn, he only had one good album in Don't Be Cruel.

Malyse

Now, I love New Edition and all their splinter acts (Ralph Tresvant, Bobby Brown, Johnny Gill, and Bell Biv DeVoe)

But Bobby better than Prince... I just can't see that breh, Bobby may have a more "powerful" voice but damn, he only had one good album in Don't Be Cruel.
That's not quite what I'm saying. I'm saying that prince has a quality of 7 but the attention of 9, while bobby has a quality of 5 but an attention of 3. Some of the attention that prince gets should be directed at bobby, if that makes any sense at all.

Malyse

well... he pulled it off. open_mouth_ caught the fade
Putting the L in lol.
When it's been done to you so effectively in the past, I can see how you can learn and use it yourself.
jayzd.gif

It's nice to go on base, see the holiday-themed boards put up by the divisions and not have any of them depicting Santa gutting Osama for once.

I'm pretty sure I saw Santa handcuffed and bent over the hood of a cop car, though.

RP912

Banned
Was that new Prince album even good?

I haven't bump anything Prince related since The Rainbow Children.

Good gospel album btw...

Was that new Prince album even good?

I haven't bump anything Prince related since The Rainbow Children.

Good gospel album btw...

Art Official Age's pretty solid. For his recent work of the last decade, I'd put it below Musicology and definitely 3121, but I'd put above 20Ten and Planet Earth, for sure.

The big thing is that he's finally collaborating with Warner Brothers again after years of terrible feuding through the late 80s-to-mid 90s. We thought that meant he was gonna embrace the internet, but my nigga answered one question on that Facebook RMA thing and then closed all his twitter/youtube/social networking pages, lol. Can't find any of his shit on YouTube anymore.

Man's weird even by supremely-talented-musical-genius standards

Never really got the MJ/Prince thing. They're in two different galaxies. Seems like a rivalry fans try to make happen but I don't really see it.

Never really got the MJ/Prince thing. They're in two different galaxies. Seems like a rivalry fans try to make happen but I don't really see it.

Sounds like Bungie versus 343 debates. Consensus: if Bungie still had Halo, we'd get Reach 2. They started not liking Halo midway through 2's development.

Official: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...8d0917-90c9-40ea-914b-32b1c8119ff9_story.html

lCcCIyM.png

On a trip to visit Flowers’s family in Ohio, Savoy drank a lot and talked of the gun he kept in his car, Flowers’s brother said. The young man seemed unusually interested in his girlfriend's hugging a male friend, her mother and father said. And his talk of marriage came after only months of dating — a little premature for some in Flowers’s family.

Jesse Flowers, Kristy Flowers’s dad, said Savoy seemed jealous when his daughter gave a male friend a hug. He said he was surprised his daughter and Savoy were living together after only months of dating, and he was even more surprised to hear talk of marriage.

On Tuesday, police officials in Arlington County said that they believe Savoy killed Flowers, 31, inside the apartment they shared on North Kensington Street, then killed himself.

Court records show a man with Savoy’s name and age seems to have been the target of protective orders in years past

Rushed relationship + acute jealousy + alcohol + undisclosed domestic abuse history + declined proposal + firearm.

I think the rest probably writes itself.

Even if you weren't a big fan of Prince's music(which crosses so many different styles and genres I find that hard to believe), you can't deny he's got an amazing one of his kind set of skills. He writes, arranges, produces, sings, and routinely plays every single instrument on many of his albums for close to 40 years, on top of being an amazing live entertainer.

Trey

It's easy to get caught up in Obama's failings and shortcomings to miss all the good he's done in 6 years in spite of the monumental task he inherited. Like someone else said, it's like he's playing President on Master Ninja difficulty.

In two years if the dude can keep Obamacare intact and get more folks insured, make some positive strides with the FCC and net neutrality, keep the economy on the upswing, see marriage equality get on the books, create more jobs in the green sector and avoid any more unforced errors, I think he'll leave office with a relative W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom