• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

Posted that a bit ago. Did you see the story where a second Ferguson witness was "mysteriously" found dead?
I did come away from Spider-Island wanting a Spider-Girl standalone series. And Madame Web too - I have no idea how Carpenter ended up where she is, but I like it.

The one thing I don't like about those events is - because I'm always late to the party - there's always a couple of characters who are radically different from when I last saw them and I dunno what the hell happened. I didn't read Chaos War so I dunno what happened to Hercules. I have no idea why the Fantastic Four were wearing those funky white suits. I have no idea where Anti-Venom came from but by the end of it I was sad to see him go.

By the time I get to Spider-Verse it'll be 2020.
marvel has a damn good wikia

Slayven

You should still read it, there are some funny moments.
They're not meant to be funny though...

What happened to Herc? His books were always good.
His mind gets messed up and he thought he really was Spiderman. Dude was using powerlines to swing on

Herc-7.jpg

Always had a thing for Batman Beyond. Its like "What If Spider-Man was also Batman...IN THE BLADE RUNNER FUTURE!?!?". So you got all your teenage superhero drama(high school, girlfriends, secret identity around your parents), the darker edge of Batman superheroics, with a fresh coat of paint in the dark deco sleek Gotham. That's a cool idea, and it led to a lot of good episodes and a great movie(although the best part of the movie was the Bruce Batman part in the past...but that's like the best Batman anything)

I like Batman Beyond, but Terry has no memorable villains. i might say Ink, but that's only because I like her visual design.

the shit ass villains in batman beyond are so apparent when you get that justice league/batman beyond crossover in the cartoon.

terry's dope though and the whole idea of batman beyond was great.

snyder and morrison batmans are awesome, i wonder who will take over when scott leaves.

morrison everything is awesome actually, reading his xmen right now and that's cool.

the shit ass villains in batman beyond are so apparent when you get that justice league/batman beyond crossover in the cartoon.

terry's dope though and the whole idea of batman beyond was great.

snyder and morrison batmans are awesome, i wonder who will take over when scott leaves.

morrison everything is awesome actually, reading his xmen right now and that's cool.

I thought Blight, Shriek, Spellbinder, and Ink were pretty good.

Some of his expanded Rouges were pretty good too.

The problems with Terry's villains is that they never gave them time develop or give them much screen time. They would come back once in awhile or there would be fallout from Bruce's time as batman.

That Mr Freeze episode was dope btw.

That's a cool idea, and it led to a lot of good episodes and a great movie(although the best part of the movie was the Bruce Batman part in the past...but that's like the best Batman anything)

That scene hit me even harder than the last scenes in 'Baby Doll' or 'Feet of Clay'.

God Arrow needs new people working on it. I'm watching Captain Boomerang enter a lobby full of agents with guns pointed at him complete with the vantage view. He steps out throwing boomerangs taking out 2 people and at no point do they decide to open fire until he kills everyone except Diggle and his chick.

What?

What?!

God Arrow needs new people working on it. I'm watching Captain Boomerang enter a lobby full of agents with guns pointed at him complete with the vantage view. He steps out throwing boomerangs taking out 2 people and at no point do they decide to open fire until he kills everyone except Diggle and his chick.

What?

What?!

they're in shock that somebody can swag so hard with fucking crocodile dundee's weapon of choice.

i'd hesitate too tbh. it's hilarious how him and captain america can get these projectiles to defy physics.

G-Fex

What?

What?!

He threw KA-Boomerangs too.

He threw KA-Boomerangs too.

I don't even remember then shits exploding. All I remember is he threw one that sliced a dude's neck then went up on the overpass and hit another dude in the neck and everyone else is just looking like "we're not shooting because reasons". Limo driver and his bae are have their guns aimed at him and they don't even shoot until everyone is dead then they're like "oh god, we should totes shoot him!" and this is AFTER my dude walked out throwing even more killing everyone else, then going melee on the left overs.

This nigga took out like 7 people and they watched each other die and did nothing. All of them deserved to die, because that's not how real cops act in America. Captain Boomerang had a drop of melanin, real officers would have put an entire crate of ammo into that dude the second he stepped out.

G-Fex

I don't even remember then shits exploding. All I remember is he threw one that sliced a dude's neck then went up on the overpass and hit another dude in the neck and everyone else is just looking like "we're not shooting because reasons". Limo driver and his bae are have their guns aimed at him and they don't even shoot until everyone is dead then they're like "oh god, we should totes shoot him!" and this is AFTER my dude walked out throwing even more killing everyone else, then going melee on the left overs.

This nigga took out like 7 people and they watched each other die and did nothing. All of them deserved to die, because that's not how real cops act in America. Captain Boomerang had a drop of melanin, real officers would have put an entire crate of ammo into that dude the second he stepped out.

True.

It bothered me a bit last night that they cops didn't immediately open fire on Reverse Flash, not that it would've helped but it would've been something rather than "If you don't stop we're going to open fire"

Only one of these superhero shows I watched was this one episode of Gotham...shit was so unbelievably struggle

then I watched some Justice League Unlimited and I was like cool

Or they could just do better and make shit more convincing. It's really jarring when you watch in one sitting after Agents.

None of that stuff is really important....

That being said I do hate it when people in TV and movies cock semi-automatic pistols but its like whatever doesn't get in the way of the plot.

ReiGun

I noticed all that Capt. Boomerang stuff too but I was too hype watching him waste dudes to give a fuck tbh.

Only reasons to watch Gotham are Fish and Yung Cobblepot. Alfred too, I guess.

flash > gotham >= arrow

i don't watch agents of shield so left that out of the ranking. gotham is on some shonda rhimes-tier fuckery every episode. i watch these shows for the entertainment (and flash provides some pretty nice drama once in a while)

none of them are holding up to the god-tier cable shows on television anyways. constantine's probably the worst. matt ryan is so good but that show gets boring often.

flash > gotham >= arrow

i don't watch agents of shield so left that out of the ranking. gotham is on some shonda rhimes-tier fuckery every episode. i watch these shows for the entertainment (and flash provides some pretty nice drama once in a while)

none of them are holding up to the god-tier cable shows on television anyways. constantine's probably the worst. matt ryan is so good but that show gets boring often.

How can you be so wrong?

where's royalan at? gotham's so cheesy but lately it's been more fun to watch than arrow tbh. we'll see today though, they got ra's al ghul in arrow now.

Agents got damn good this year.

I was underwhelmed with the Flash finale when I watched it afterward.

For real. People don't understand bruh. Good, tight choreography goes a long way to make a show look great and the action convincing. Likewise lack luster choreography can drag down a show quite a bit.

None of that stuff is really important....

Maybe not to you. To people who like a good action sequence whose choreograph is tight, it's pretty damn cringeworthy and makes the show look amateur hour at times.

ReiGun

I don't know if I'd put Gotham over Arrow. Even if this past season of Arrow has been meh.

I couldn't get through one episode of Constantine and you couldn't pay me to watch another episode of Agents of SHIELD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom