• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I'd put Gotham over Arrow. Even if this past season of Arrow has been meh.

i think that's whats motivating my opinion right now. you're probably right about arrow still being better. it doesn't help that i'm laughing during gotham though and then when i put on arrow i'm just mostly stone-faced these days at the dull recent episodes (except for the flash crossover with boomerang, that was nice)

ReiGun

i think that's whats motivating my opinion right now. you're probably right about arrow still being better. it doesn't help that i'm laughing during gotham though and then when i put on arrow i'm just mostly stone-faced these days at the dull recent episodes (except for the flash crossover with boomerang, that was nice)

Like I said in the OT, Ray Palmer is pretty much carrying the show on his back at this point. All the characters with stories actually worth exploring (Ted, Laurel, Merlyn, Thea, Roy, even Ray to an extent) are getting sidelined for boring ass Ollicity crap and these weak sauce villains.

Like I said in the OT, Ray Palmer is pretty much carrying the show on his back at this point. All the characters with stories actually worth exploring (Ted, Laurel, Merlyn, Thea, Roy, even Ray to an extent) are getting sidelined for boring ass Ollicity crap and these weak sauce villains.

isn't ray palmer moving to flash later on too? dude's a bright spot in the arrow cast i hope he stays on. flash has their strong supporting cast already.

ReiGun

isn't ray palmer moving to flash later on too? dude's a bright spot in the arrow cast i hope he stays on. flash has their strong supporting cast already.

The main reason to move him would be the Atom, but the showrunners recently said they felt the crossover opened the possibility of more powers and metas on Arrow. So...who can say?

For real. People don't understand bruh. Good, tight choreography goes a long way to make a show look great and the action convincing. Likewise lack luster choreography can drag down a show quite a bit.

Maybe not to you. To people who like a good action sequence whose choreograph is tight, it's pretty damn cringeworthy and makes the show look amateur hour at times.

So....you're expecting good choreography...from a CW show....that's why Arrow is bad for you....explains so much.

So....you're expecting good choreography...from a CW show....that's why Arrow is bad for you....explains so much.

Arrow is bad because it's just bad horrible choreography is just another reason. It's gone downhill since Season 3 has started, shit is getting stale as fuck at this point. Flash is decent with this episode being the best. Soon Arrow will be at Birds of Prey level bad.

kinda considering skipping the trickster episodes until star wars. i want that movie to be the first thing i've seen luke skywalker in since years ago.

hypernima

Banned
FWmo5sz.png

lawd

i dont get it

DominoKid

ray palmer boring as shit. they need to get him in the costume or have him going some cool shit real quick.

ray palmer boring as shit. they need to get him in the costume or have him going some cool shit real quick.

domino pls. they gave roy a costume and he's still ass.

anyways that suit is coming up like they teased with that hologram he was viewing. is his powers like ant man?

edit: yeah he can shrink and grow, lol i wonder how that's gonna look on tv budget. they did pretty good work with flash so far though.

i dont get it

Unofficial urban dictionary

Throw a flat top on it - derives from the former pro boxer Larry Holmes who is known for his flat top hair cut. In 1996, rapper Tupac Shakur said this line "Niggas looking like Larry Holmes... Flabby and Sick"

So when making fun of someone or something for falling off, many people tend to photoshop flat top hair cuts on whatever person or object to represent them being "flabby and sick"

-source : The Coli

and this was your unofficial urban dictionary moment of the day

I think Roy is pretty good this season.
If Ollie gets bodied tonight and he's gone for awhile Roy is probably gonna get some needed development.

Malyse

My bad, you posted in the middle of the Wrestling picture dump. I scrolled over that whole page.

Didn't hear anything about witnesses dying but after googling a Snopes article pops up:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/deandrejoshua.asp
http://www.telesurtv.net/english/ne...Brown-Shooting-Found-Dead--20141208-0044.html

is what I'd found, but well...

----

Miss America is legit and one of the characters that will never get in the MCU. Speaking of which: where the fuck are all the teen heroes?

Speaking of which: who else is hopping on the new Heroes TV show next year?

Those Runaway teenagers annoyed me so much. TV cliche out the ass. After reading Y the Last Man, I expected more from it. It's like he took one of the most annoying things about Yorick and applied it to all those teens.

Village

He was the smartest of the bunch. The only other person Ra's called Detective.

Thats neat but batman already has like 3 other super smart people. One when they got shot dedicated themselves to being his computer guy.

And the other two are the OG robin and batman's son.

Then the robin's time has to be between are Red hood and the main line canon female robin.

There is the OG, and other batman
The revenge redemption story, and anti hero ( or just hero now... if you read his books )
Tim
Inclusiveness ( this isn't humor it was a good thing a girl gets to be robin,)
And the son

You see where tim might fall low on the " whats your angle " scale.

like everyone is a super smart detective when it comes to batman even the riddler and two face from time to time , being the smartest isn't unique.

Thats neat but batman already has like 3 other super smart people. One when they got shot dedicated themselves to being his computer guy.

And the other two are the OG robin and batman's son.

Then the robin's time has to be between are Red hood and the main line canon female robin.

There is the OG, and other batman
The revenge redemption story, and anti hero ( or just hero now... if you read his books )
Tim
Inclusiveness ( this isn't humor it was a good thing a girl gets to be robin,)
And the son

You see where tim might fall low on the " whats your angle " scale.

like everyone is a super smart detective when it comes to batman even the riddler and two face from time to time , being the smartest isn't unique.

I don't know why, but your avatar plus the bold had me dying.

Village

Jason Todd was the middle child who got shat on. Tim was just the child that came after they wanted to coddle after realizing how badly they fucked up with the previous child.

In terms of publicity you are nuts. They have been pushing this dudes anti hero popularity angle for years. They threw a titian and roy on the sacrificial alter for this dude. They were like " here have starfire and roy we need to push jayson for summer slam"

They make fun of tim, still. Tim is a dude that never grew out of his mold.

Red Robin... yep.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
In terms of publicity you are nuts. They have been pushing this dudes anti hero popularity angle for years. They threw a titian and roy on the sacrificial alter for this dude. They were like " here have starfire and roy we need to push jayson for summer slam"

Red Robin... yep.

I think your both right. Your right on the Nu52 and Angelus is right about the prior DC universe.

Red Robin... yep.

Sure if you ignore Todd's entire existence/point of his character pre Nu52 >.>

Village

That's cool, I can't take like 90% of the shit that happens in batman seriously epically that its supposed to be in the context of a greater DCU so it works out.

Except Arrow apparently.

You mean the anti hero, i'm the crazy person/rouge push that is still more than than tim's everything.

Tim was always that guy who supposed to work at mcdonalds for like 6 months and yeas went by.

At least Tim became leader of the TT for a bit. Todd got a crowbar for christmas bruh then came back killing people all willy nilly and shit. Post 52 yea Tim really ain't shit. But really damn near everyone in the Bat family outside of Bruce and Dick ain't shit. Barbara is going through an identiy crisis that's how ain't shit she is. Jason....fuck knows what's going on with Jason. Damian...I mean he was the best thing not Bruce and he was killed because reasons. Then you got Cassandra…Tim is lucky he didn't end up like her post 52.

This is why Katherine told Bruce she don't fuck with them. She saw that shit coming a mile away.

royalan

Man, Gotham gets so much underserved hate. One of my favorite new shows, and I thought I would HATE it going into it.

It's got some flaws (mostly Barbara and too much focus on Young Bruce basically becoming Batman which...god we've been there done that way too many times for it to be interesting), but it's got some of the strongest performances of any of the superhero shows out now, and I love that it's not afraid to get a little goofy and embrace its comic roots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom