• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

wale-nba-3.gif

co-ed basketball? cool.

Wale was one of my favorite rappers in his mixtape days before signing to Maybach Music. Then dude switched his style up and took every criticism way too personal.

I'll admit... I was a MMG fan around the time Meek and Wale were signed. I even bought the Self Made album.

MMG fell off personally, when Omarion hit the BET awards performing a brutality on thin air.

royalan

wai u do dis

You don't understand, I STANNNNNNNNED Amerie when she first came out.

"Why Don't We Fall In Love" was such a perfect debut single for an R&B artist. STILL in my opinion one of the top R&B female debuts. Such a perfect Summer song. And then that entire album was just great. She got the best of Richard Harrison's production before he sold his soul to the Illuminati and then became irrelevant.

I don't give a shit about her Pop stuff, she doesn't get nearly the amount of hype she deserves in the R&B community, despite putting out what I would STILL consider TWO of the top female R&B albums of the last 20 years: Her debut, and In Love and War.

So slept on. ;___;

ifviTEO.gif

But really I posted this because I was listening to her debut album when I noticed Blasian Persuasion posting...:(

"Why Don't We Fall In Love" was such a perfect debut single for an R&B artist. STILL in my opinion one of the top R&B female debuts. Such a perfect Summer song. And then that entire album was just great. She got the best of Richard Harrison's production before he sold his soul to the Illuminati and then became irrelevant.

I don't give a shit about her Pop stuff, she doesn't get nearly the amount of hype she deserves in the R&B community, despite putting out what I would STILL consider TWO of the top female R&B albums of the last 20 years: Her debut, and In Love and War.

So slept on. ;___;

ifviTEO.gif

But really I posted this because I was listening to her debut album when I noticed Blasian Persuasion posting...:(

In Love & War doesnt get enough love. When some had leaked a snippet of "Red Eye" on youtube, I had that shit on repeat until the actual fuckin song dropped.

You mean Tinashe.

She can actually sing.

Angelus gonna get you

So slept on. ;___;

ifviTEO.gif

she was flawless. and dem legs on ma lord

royalan

Little known fact: Tinashe, despite her name (and appearance), is not actually Blasian. Her father is from Zimbabwe, and her mother is white (Danish).

Threw me for a loop, too.

The 1 Thing video still has an effect on me goddamn...For some odd reason I listened to all her albums last year and her debut is really good. She's dope with the right production behind her.

Trey

I saw little tinashe on a two and a half men rerun the other day. Had to do a double take.

She had a big ol head back then, but she grew into it well.

Gorillaz

Little known fact: Tinashe, despite her name (and appearance), is not actually Blasian. Her father is from Zimbabwe, and her mother is white (Danish).

the dream is dead

Amerie you still the bae tho, these ungrateful niggas fucked it up. She was suppose to be big...what the fuck happened

Tinashe is Zimbabwean (Shona) for "With God"/"God is Among Us"/"God Is With Us". (She mentions it on Black Water...also it's the reason for her outfit on the cover).
She doesn't even really look Blasian.

royalan

Tinashe is Zimbabwean (Shona) for "With God"/"God is Among Us"/"God Is With Us". (She mentions it on Black Water...also it's the reason for her outfit on the cover).
She doesn't even really look Blasian.

I mean, I can see it now that I know she's not. But I totes thought she was Blasian at first:

ijdsPTa.jpg
[

royalan

In Love & War doesnt get enough love. When some had leaked a snippet of "Red Eye" on youtube, I had that shit on repeat until the actual fuckin song dropped.

The thing that pisses me off about In Love & War is, despite loving that album for what it is, if Amerie wanted that album to be a commericial hit, it COULD HAVE BEEN.

She had a #1 hit on that album with Swag Back!

Jim Jonsin production at the HEIGHT of his T.I. hype (everything Jim Jonsin TOUCHED that year charted). And a chorus that was an ANTHEM even to this day:

My head is clear
I'm soul surviving
Cuz you're not here
But I'm not cryin, no
I finally got my swag back

If that song had been the lead single it WOULD have gone #1. But nooooo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom