• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
what part of the game is this

tumblr_nfq2wxrrHN1rte8x2o3_500.jpg

tumblr_nfq2wxrrHN1rte8x2o2_500.jpg

tumblr_nfq2wxrrHN1rte8x2o1_500.jpg

royalan

Ahhh, the old "I don't benefit from white privilege because I grew up poor! You don't know me!" argument...

That thread's going places.

No. Gonna argue you starting to switch face on the Cole jokes from last week.

Byakuya bruh. I'mma need you to spend less time on the internet and more time picking up some books (ones without pictures) and upping the reading comprehension. At no point did "truth" indicate I was saying J.Cole wasn't wack when just last week I said he was. "Truth" was in response to a pretty straightforward single sentence post saying that you have to give J Cole credit for being able to build up a fanbase without any marketing and singles to have projections of 320-360k in the first week. How can anyone even try to deny that fact? Like really.

How you could in any way shape or form read "truth" and infer that I'm "starting to switch face" is mindboggling as hell. I think way too many of you guys are too black and white with your views on artists and in general. You can very much think an artist is garbage but very well still respect the fact he or she has been able to amass a group of fans without much in the way of marketing or noteworthy singles. There is little correlation between the two.

Examples:
Nas is one of my favorite artists, despite that Nas album sales have been lackluster.
I'm not a Beyonce fan, despite that I admit she has a few good songs and has worked relatively hard to get to where she currently is.
I'm not a George Lucas fan, but I respect what he did to get Red Tails made.
J.Cole is an plain average rapper and his latest album is meh. Despite that, you must respect the fact he has been able to attain a fanbase big enough to help his album move 300k+ in it's first week.

None of the above statements are hypocritical, for any logical person there is no correlation between how one feels about the artist and that artist's accomplishments. To try and correlate the two is the hallmark of idiots, console warriors and other lesser intelligent fools.

TL;DR -
tumblr_mxx24a7wMc1qa3pfso1_400.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Angelus relax! It's...Thursday! That means jack shit.

Byakuya bruh. I'mma need you to spend less time on the internet and more time picking up some books (ones without pictures) and upping the reading comprehension. At no point did "truth" indicate I was saying J.Cole wasn't wack when just last week I said he was. "Truth" was in response to a pretty straightforward single sentence post saying that you have to give J Cole credit for being able to build up a fanbase without any marketing and singles to have projections of 320-360k in the first week. How can anyone even try to deny that fact? Like really.

How you could in any way shape or form read "truth" and infer that I'm "starting to switch face" is mindboggling as hell. I think way too many of you guys are too black and white with your views on artists and in general. You can very much think an artist is garbage but very well still respect the fact he or she has been able to amass a group of fans without much in the way of marketing or noteworthy singles. There is little correlation between the two.

Examples:
Nas is one of my favorite artists, despite that Nas album sales have been lackluster.
I'm not a Beyonce fan, despite that I admit she has a few good songs and has worked relatively hard to get to where she currently is.
I'm not a George Lucas fan, but I respect what he did to get Red Tails made.
J.Cole is an plain average rapper and his latest album is meh. Despite that, you must respect the fact he has been able to attain a fanbase big enough to help his album move 300k+ in it's first week.

None of the above statements are hypocritical, for any logical person there is no correlation between how one feels about the artist and that artist's accomplishments. To try and correlate the two is the hallmark of idiots, console warriors and other lesser intelligent fools.

TL;DR -
tumblr_mxx24a7wMc1qa3pfso1_400.gif
0110_yyu59.gif

Going to stop your snarky bullshit right there. Physician heal thyself.

Fucking dumbass.

Is that where we at? Swinging over J. Cole? Tevin Campbell didn't die for this.

Tevin Campbell died because he thought The Goofy Movie soundtrack would be a good move career wise.

Angelus relax! It's...Thursday! That means jack shit.

I'm not even mad tho.

Going to stop your snarky bullshit right there. Physician heal thyself.

Fucking dumbass.

Riiiiight so basically...you don't have a counter argument. Noted.

As for the bold, wanna hug it out bro?

Riiiiight so basically...you don't have a counter argument. Noted.

As for the bold, wanna hug it out bro?

My counterargument would be wasting time pulling up your crowd sourced opinion switches in the past: "Beyonce is trash"... drops her album... still trash... no wait, everyone saying different... start calling Jay Mr. Beyonce because her music is so good. "Cake has the only good verse Jay put out in years." Majority of gaf (including Jay fans) look at you like, "nigga, wut?".. "oh.. yeah, cake, cake, cake... haha lol, this shit trash."

As far as hugging it out. I was just joking earlier. But your cornball ass insulting my intelligence would have definitely gotten you hit with a Drake shiner. But get to the keys and gifs, breh. You're the smartest person on the internet, clearly. Just so happens you have the most time to type up over-indulgent posts... why all the free time?

Byakuya and Angeleus, if you listen to each other's heart, you'll find you'll never too far apart.

And maybe love is the reason why, for the first time ever you'll be seeing it eye to eye

If anything Tevin Campbell died trying to solicit male booty that ended up being a cop

Dont even try to sully the name of the Goofy Movie brehs

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Man Alicia Keys in 2003....lawd have mercy.

The Diary>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Alicia Keys's career

There is some truth to this.

She's made some songs that are better than the album, but hasn't put out an album that is as complete as this.

"Nobody, not really" :mjcry: :wow:

My counterargument would be wasting time pulling up your crowd sourced opinion switches in the past: "Beyonce is trash"... drops her album... still trash... no wait, everyone saying different... start calling Jay Mr. Beyonce because her music is so good. "Cake has the only good verse Jay put out in years." Majority of gaf (including Jay fans) look at you like, "nigga, wut?".. "oh.. yeah, cake, cake, cake... haha lol, this shit trash."

If you gonna source them better get the correct. I said (sarcastically) that cake was the best bars Jay has written before saying he had struggle bars on that song. Byaku pls. And only people who caught feelings over that statement were Jay fans, but those fools are irrational anyway.

Beyonce dropped her album and I never called it trash, hell I haven't even listened to it since I'm not even a fan. In fact, you quoted me when I said 7/11 was garbage in that thread talking about "Well glad to see you finally noticed that, I was worried about you blah blah." Yet again, you're too black and white on your views of artists and their art. You can very much like some music by an artist and not others. Beyonce puts out some decent tracks and then she doesn't, I call them like I see them. 7/11 was garbage so I called it as such. J.Cole is so damn average, so I said such. But I'll still admit dude is grinding like fuck in order to move 300k in the first week, that's pretty damn good numbers in the rap game today and most cats WITH promo and singles don't even do that.

As far as hugging it out. I was just joking earlier. But your cornball ass insulting my intelligence would have definitely gotten you hit with a Drake shiner. But get to the keys and gifs, breh. You're the smartest person on the internet, clearly. Just so happens you have the most time to type up over-indulgent posts... why all the free time?

You wouldn't have done shit. Go watch more Bleach. As for free time, you see to have ample amounts since you responding promptly and ish catching feelings, hurt over some words on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom