• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be fun, I really like ghost in the shell. Focusing on Stand alone Complex and 2nd gig though maybe some of that movie that came out in 06.

As much as I like OG ghost in the shell, that movie is very much an experience, and I prefer the more in depth codex conversational narrative that's in the anime seires. Linking it to a text I had to read in class.

More people should watch the ghost in the shell anime.

Most people aren't like you and me. They think that shit boring, there's too much dialogue.

Oh forgot to update, Amazon delivered my PS4 yesterday and that shit works well. New bundle too.

Ground Zeroes is apparently 10 bones on Amazon right now... That a good enough price?

Gonna be fun, I really like ghost in the shell. Focusing on Stand alone Complex and 2nd gig though maybe some of that movie that came out in 06.

As much as I like OG ghost in the shell, that movie is very much an experience, and I prefer the more in depth codex conversational narrative that's in the anime seires. Linking it to a text I had to read in class.

More people should watch the ghost in the shell anime.

This. Aside from Innocence it's consistently fantastic. The movie is my favourite film. Have you seen the Arise films?

Kreed

So......

To change the damn subject, my sister is getting married in a few hours. Bout to take that ride to the wedding.

Bout to graduate, thats what I'm bout to do

Congratulations fam! Now stay out of that bucket.

3n29V5b.jpg

Nah cuz, there's a difference between have to and want to. I wanted to reply to that. Ain't nothing better than that fresh na na that comes out the oven smelling like freshly baked cinnamon rolls.

I ain't heard nobody use "na na" since the late 90s.

This fool said smelling like freshly baked cinnamon rolls though I'm so fuckin done right now.

Malyse

UNPOPULAR OPINION:
Battle Angel Alita > Ghost in the Shell
I ain't heard nobody use "na na" since the late 90s.

This fool said smelling like freshly baked cinnamon rolls though I'm so fuckin done right now.
And y'all said it was gonna be my fault we didn't get OT10

When its done correctly its fantastic. Character input is important

I'm a lore nerd I guess.

I have not actually, been meaning to.

Are they English dubbed?

Not sure, I watched them subbed. I'll watch the dubs when they do a blu-ray set for over here. Ghost In The Shell is one of the few things where both languages work perfectly.

HORRIFICALLY WRONG OPINION:
Battle Angel Alita > Ghost in the Shell

And y'all said it was gonna be my fault we didn't get OT10

FTFY.

Village

Not sure, I watched them subbed. I'll watch the dubs when they do a blu-ray set for over here. Ghost In The Shell is one of the few things where both languages work perfectly.

Years ago I might have agreed, but nowadays due to the massive increase in media being made that requires voice acting and the regularization of that industry as a whole, I find a lot of dubs to be serviceable if not very good.

Speaking of voice actors and since we are in black gaf

Cree Summers needs to be used for more things.

They didn't list Shin Chan the goat, the one the OG creator before he fell off that cliff liked.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
From a recent Kishimoto interview:

Kishi is troubled by Sakura's popularity among the readers. While he was drawing covers, it was easy drawing naruto and sasuke, but for sakura kishi have to spend more time re-drawing and adjusting, worrying that he might draw her ugly. sakura's family is not revealed because of popularity reasons, but hinata with low number of appearances were consistently popular with the readers, kishi once had the idea to change hinata to the heroine. Kishi referenced celebrities before making Sakura, 2ch said something like Christina Ricci.

Sakura stays losing.

Years ago I might have agreed, but nowadays due to the massive increase in media being made that requires voice acting and the regularization of that industry as a whole, I find a lot of dubs to be serviceable if not very good.

They didn't list Shin Chan the goat, the one the OG creator before he fell off that cliff liked.

I didn't mean that as a dig against dubs, (I find the whole "subs only" thing extremely annoying, especially when they're slavishly devoted to an exact translation, but that's another discussion) what I meant is that usually only the dub or the original Japanese is good, Ghost In The Shell is an example where both are good.
This is all personal preference though.

Village

From a recent Kishimoto interview:

Sakura stays losing.

Yeah apparently the hyruga's was supposed to be more important to the plot, remember that thing where the hyuga's were putting curse marks on their members. They were going to a thing with that.

They still kind of can if they want, that would be a very interesting very short anime series.

Malyse

I don't like shin chan.

Village

I didn't mean that as a dig against dubs, (I find the whole "subs only" thing extremely annoying, especially when they're slavishly devoted to an exact translation, but that's another discussion) what I meant is that usually only the dub or the original Japanese is good, Ghost In The Shell is an example where both are good.
This is all personal preference though.

Oh I understand its just one of those things the socialization of the internet helped in terms of quality. That would be a very interesting article.

I don't like shin chan.

Oh, get out.

royalan

Confession:

Beenie Man is so homophobic it ain't even funny. As is a significant portion of...well, Jamaica.

But I love his music. :(

I feel so guilty listening to it.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Confession:

Beenie Man is so homophobic it ain't even funny. As is a significant portion of...well, Jamaica.

LOL

Some of that music in some of the jamaican spots I went to had me confused like shit the first time I heard it. Like, dawg...should we be getting hype to this? lol. Dudes doing whatever 1 out of 8 million dances to their heart's content. I'm just in awe. Then the regular reggae comes on and I can join in.

Confession:

That reminds me of when one of my younger sister's friends who was gay had Buju Banton's "Boom Bye Bye" blasting in his headphones. I'm sitting here looking at him like
r4HykVI.gif

He said he loves his music. =/

jWILL253

Banned
I suffer from really bad dyslexia. It keeps getting worse.

I clocked in this morning thinking I work from 11am to 4pm. Four minutes into the shift, something told me to check the schedule to make sure I clocked in at the right time. And sure enough, I fucked up again; I'm not supposed to work until 4pm, and clock out at 8pm.

Needless to say, I was pissed. I clocked out to avoid the write-up.

That reminds me of when one of my younger sister's friends who was gay had Buju Banton's "Boom Bye Bye" blasting in his headphones. I'm sitting here looking at him like
r4HykVI.gif

He said he loves his music. =/
Boom Bye Bye is...real catchy though. Hell, I'm humming that shit now. Awful message though, obviously.

Malyse

Her notable work to me was as Tatjana in Arc the Lad. I don't think we've heard her in anything in a while since Batman Arkham Asylum.
She's big in cartoons.
She is best known for her role as college student Winifred "Freddie" Brooks on the NBC sitcom A Different World. As a voice actress Summer provided the voices for Penny in Inspector Gadget during Season 1, Elmyra Duff in Tiny Toon Adventures, Susie Carmichael on Rugrats and All Grown Up, Princess Kida in Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Valerie Gray in Danny Phantom, Foxxy Love in Drawn Together, Numbuh 5 in Codename: Kids Next Door, Magma in X-Men Legends, Yvonne and Gordon in Mrs. Munger's Class, and Cleo the Poodle in Clifford the Big Red Dog. She also voices Wuya in Xiaolin Chronicles
i really wanted to fuck Freddie
Are amiibos really popular? I was in GameStop and seen 2 people trying to buy some.
Marth going like six times retail, so yah?

So with Black Panther "replacing" Spiderman in the next avengers, what are the chances we get BP wielding Mjolnir and Cap's shield?

Fox News would be running articles on it for months, right?

Village

Any story teller that has to go through this much to excuse their writing... smh shame shame shame.

Keep solidifying yourself as a crappy writer Kishimoto.

he didn't go through much

His point about sakura in that interview was

" a lot of people didn't like her anyway and I wanted to make hinata the heroine at one point "

Which is apoint he mentioned before, he wanted to talk about the hyuga. But he was told to focus on the sasuke naruto dynamic.

Are amiibos really popular? I was in GameStop and seen 2 people trying to buy some.

Yes.

Peeps already hype for the lucario Amibo, nintendo hath created a monster.

Her notable work to me was as Tatjana in Arc the Lad. I don't think we've heard her in anything in a while since Batman Arkham Asylum.
She's done stuff, just not A LOT anymore. I would imagine someone of her talents would have gotten paid a WHILE ago.
Also the best Chan

Milk chan is good, but I don't think its better than shin chan.

I actually upon further review , don't want to compare them.They are very... different.

Not putting shows I don't like on my lists, bruh.

Get out tho.

i don't remember where i heard it, maybe on GAF, maybe from elsewhere, but someone was talking about how in NYC, they were blasting Elephant Man's 'Log On' in a gay club and everyone was jamming to that...

and now i'm reminded of the quite possibly the craziest of that kind of record... Red Dragon - Fly Low, Fly High

Village

Confession:

I feel bad about Doom kinda , dude on multiple occasions has shown himself to be very insensitive if not homophobic with his music. And not only that, kind of a creep, multiple lines about " bring your daughters" to my chambers and shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom