• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=951715

psIVASr.png

would I get banned for saying that the bootstraps were probably made in china so that's already one advantage ?

Village

Worthyness is decided by Odin, a known asshole.

" hey dad... ya know maybe should help earth with the fear death god that just got unleashed , we can't just duck em for like a 1000 years"

* Slaps the shit out of thor*

" We staying our asses right here "

There are blacks in Exodus, and almost all of them die within 15 seconds of them being on screen. Also there's a awful lot of modern Moroccocans in past time Egypt.

royalan

I'm always stupified in race threads when posters bring up the the Incredibly Shitty and Racist Thing someone they're friends with on Facebook just posted and their reaction is shock. "So-and-so seems so nice irl!" "I didn't realize I was friends with so many racists!"

How could you not have noticed? The likelier truth, in my mind, would be that you just didn't care to notice until their racism smacked you in the face.

This rarely happens to me. I don't associate with racist people, and I don't ignore the racism in people enough so that I can justify being friends with them. As such, I can proudly say that I can log onto my Facebook account and not be assaulted by racist stupidity in my feed.

And then I realize, Duh! I'm Black. Don't really have the luxury (or misfortune) of associating with racist people.

Now can I get alex, and can he be HHH as well as hulk hogan

There are some definite improvements, but look at this gameplay and visual progression.

Pantalla_Street_Fighter_I.jpg

sf2-s3.jpg

sf3.png

8-5120_2.jpg

The jump to SF5 just great model-wise, but the use of animations and visual motifs (the ink for example) from SF4 doesn't help. Does look like Parrying is coming back in some fashion.

There are some definite improvements, but look at this gameplay and visual progression.

Pantalla_Street_Fighter_I.jpg

sf2-s3.jpg

sf3.png

8-5120_2.jpg

The jump to SF5 just great model-wise, but the use of animations and visual motifs (the ink for example) from SF4 doesn't help. Does look like Parrying is coming back in some fashion.

You should watch that video again. SF4's animations are nowhere near as fluid. And there really is no indicator that parrying is in. Just Defends? Maybe, parrying? No evidence of such.

You should watch that video again. SF4's animations are nowhere near as fluid.

Again, they look better, but not different enough. I'm assuming the re-used animation is due to the early nature of the game. I'm not the only one:

It looks a lot like SFIII but with enhanced SFIV graphics that look amazing.

LOVE the clean new UI. Hope that sticks. Even though it's a lot more similar to SFIV than a lot of people might like, I think a lot of little differences and details in the animations really add up. The fighters (ryu in this case specifically) look less like disjointed action figures to me and more like fluid characters.

The music on that level sounds really boring and uninspired. I didn't like 4's music either tho...Actually struggling right now to recall a tune, as much as I have played that game.

For all intents and purposes, 5 looks like an evolution of 4 albeit prettier. I'm cool with that.

The pasta thing was funny when the match begun, but it really needs to get knocked off after the first hit...

Really, REALLY loving this:

-THE MUSIC. SF IV had a terrible OST, they remixed the songs way too much, it was hard to identify them. The track in this stage was really fitting and had a clearer beat

-The artstyle. It has a real clear identity and its another step further in making Street Fighter in 3D look like 2D art. Every element adds to the scene and the flavor of Street Fighter.

-The animations. Obviously the quality is consistent with the great animations in IV, but the new tech gives you nice cloth physics and the shaders are much improved and weaved into the gameplay much more seamlessly

People act like I'm ragging SFV or something because I'm not dying on the floor because of the footage?

Again, they look better, but not different enough. I'm assuming the re-used animation is due to the early nature of the game. I'm not the only one:

People act like I'm ragging SFV or something because I'm not dying on the floor because of the footage?
word.

It's quite clear they've re-appropriated as much from their SF4 assets as possible. Which is fair considering their financial position. But people shouldn't act brand new like we can't see that. The new animations and effects look nice, if not a bit busy and distracting. We'll see.

They should have let Mike and Combofiend spend a little more time with the game so that they didn't embarrass themselves on stage like they did.

So what you're really asking for is for Ryu and Chunli to adapt new fighting styles? Not really sure what you're expecting and you're not really making it clear either unfortunately.

I did laugh at the last quote tho, SFIV's animations were janky as shit.

No one's acting or calling you on anything, no need to just defend bro.

royalan

I get what MHWilliams is saying. I think SF5 looks great...but it does look a bit familiar. Would have been nice if they could have completely left SF4's visual design behind, would have made 5 feel even fresher and stand on its own.

Personally, I was hoping for something Alpha like with 5. But eh, what can you do. Capcom's broke. :/

I get what MHWilliams is saying. I think SF5 looks great...but it does look a bit familiar. Would have been nice if they could have completely left SF4's visual design behind, would have made 5 feel even fresher and stand on its own.

Personally, I was hoping for something Alpha like with 5. But eh, what can you do. Capcom's broke. :/

nobody is really pushing the envelope this gen, i honestly dont mind though. these incremental improvements you see here and there are usually enough for me anyways

There are practical non art style reasons movies and games and tv shows go 3d

Yeah, I know. Interviewed enough devs to know that.

What the Guilty Gear Xrd team pulled off with 3D models is rather impressive. SNK should take notes for KOF 14.

So what you're really asking for is for Ryu and Chunli to adapt new fighting styles? Not really sure what you're expecting and you're not really making it clear either unfortunately.

The carry over of fighting styles from II > III > IV had a large degree of change and evolution. Mostly because they had to re-do everything with each new series. With V, they're able to - for the first time ever - pull rigging from a previous title. It certainly looks like they've improved and smoothed out what they've got, but it doesn't indicate the same jump as previous numbered iterations. But again, early work, probably a short dev cycles, more chance for incremental improvements. Capcom's got time.

You are correct, that's probably a Just Defend. Lasts a bit long for a Parry.

I did laugh at the last quote tho, SFIV's animations were janky as shit.

No one's acting or calling you on anything, no need to just defend bro.
I'll ask for ryu amd ken to never be in the game again

The carry over of fighting styles from II > III > IV had a large degree of change and evolution. Mostly because they had to re-do everything with each new series. With V, they're able to - for the first time ever - pull rigging from a previous title. It certainly looks like they've improved and smoothed out what they've got, but it doesn't indicate the same jump as previous numbered iterations. But again, early work, probably a short dev cycles, more chance for incremental improvements. Capcom's got time.

Gotcha. Honestly that doesn't bother me. I don't play fighters for such things as new art style. GG has pretty much remained the same in that aspect…and I'm alright with that. I thought SFIV's style leaned too much toward the animus, and SFV straddles the line and looks great. I don't really think it needs a new style.

Gotcha. Honestly that doesn't bother me. I don't play fighters for such things as new art style. GG has pretty much remained the same in that aspect…and I'm alright with that. I thought SFIV's style leaned too much toward the animus, and SFV straddles the line and looks great. I don't really think it needs a new style.

Yep. The poster who said SFV : SFIV : : SF3 : SF2 mirrors my thoughts to a point. There's a slight evolution towards realism with the models.

SFV looks so damn phoned in. I don't blame Capcom for giving the streets what they think they want because that's the cash money.

I have no clue how the gamble on Darkstalkers would've gone but better they tried that than another cycle of this again.

Game looks fine but I won't dare judge it until I see a final product. Then I'll just go back to playing EX2 Plus or 2nd Impact like I've been doing.

SFV looks so damn phoned in. I don't blame Capcom for giving the streets what they think they want because that's the cash money.

I have no clue how the gamble on Darkstalkers would've gone but better they tried that than another cycle of this again.

Game looks fine but I won't dare judge it until I see a final product. Then I'll just go back to playing EX2 Plus or 2nd Impact like I've been doing.

You poor man.

I feel "phoned in" is a bit much. You definitely can see the work in the details.

I'm all about my man Charlie over Guile, but that's my love for Alpha talking. Add Alex, Capcom, and I'll love you forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom