• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
second impact is better has better music, stage, and ui design. i think he'll be just fine

Better music debatable, better stages agreed. But from a gameplay point of view (pretty much the main reason I play these games) 3rd Strike is sooooo much better than 2nd Impact...unless you were a Sean player T_T (still hurts Capcom...it still hurts).

I prefer the aesthetics of 3S' UI to SI or NG.

I can't think of a single pro for EX2...or the EX games in general outside of maybe character designs.

You poor man.

Street Fighter EX2 Plus is the best Street Fighter game period. Given the game's pedigree its no surprise. There hasn't been a game in the series that since has pulled me in like that game has. EX2 is an acquired taste and over the years I've come to understand as much. Not everybody can handle the taste but you can do nothing more than respect the ingredients that make it taste so good though.

That game that's on the lips of the streets at this very moment and the game that preceded it owes every single thing it does to what EX1 did 18 years ago and what EX2 Plus refined 15 years ago.

I feel "phoned in" is a bit much. You definitely can see the work in the details.

We're talking 2 different versions of phoned in here. You're talking about how it looks and I'm talking the soul and what for now makes the game click. The game is SF4 with head noodles and power-up activations and I have plenty of games that do it better elsewhere. Part of this comes from me seeing SF4 as a swagger-jack of everything the EX series already did and the whole charm of it even existing fading away a bit after Super dropped.

This game is going to have to do something major gameplay wise to get me to even pay attention to it at this point. A lot of fighters are resting on old shit and need to step it up in a major way. I'm just hoping KOF14 doesn't fall in the same trap after rehashing everything 2002 for the billionth time for XIII.

second impact is better has better music, stage, and ui design. i think he'll be just fine

While true not why I named dropped it. Because 3rd Strike exists 2nd Impact is the game the streets would love to forget but I try my best to make sure it doesn't go peacefully in the night. 3rd Strike for all intents and purposes is the more refined game but having fun with 2nd Impact is something that I just personally enjoy for my own amusement.

I see…

ST's a close second and the only reason that's the case is because while I enjoy watching them both at high level is that EX2 Plus is the more enjoyable game in my view to play that same way.

It'd be interesting to see a new Arika fighter. Fighting Sample was never officially cancelled, was it?

That was an April Fool's Joke. Sad I know but from what I understand it did land Arika the port job for Tekken 3D Prime Edition.

Honestly, just go play Fighting Layer. It was what Akira Nishitani always wanted Street Fighter to be and I was and am glad he got to make the game he envisioned.

Street Fighter EX2 Plus is the best Street Fighter game period.

iBN0ELdfjIhE4.gif

Exodus was so bad it was laughable. Being what it was, it was highly insulting to the polytheism of Egypt, basically had a scene from Interstellar. Thought i saw a low budget Donald Glover and Inspectah Deck as random extra's. There was a
EMP blast
in the movie for some reason. Abruptly ends. The only remotely religious guy in our group that talked us into watching it fell asleep at least 3 times during it. You could re-cut the movie to make college student version of 300

I don't quite know how to decipher this GIF. Is my personal truth on this matter Lilian Garcia or Ricardo Rodriguez?

Ex2 over ST?

I'll just see myself out.

Let me get the door for you. Thanks for coming by. Sad you couldn't stay longer. Come back soon.

I don't know why you feel like that. It wasn't like I took HD Remix over OG ST or something even though it was better than the streets will ever give it credit for.

ST is one of the 3 pillars that fighting games stand on even today. The other 2 being Darkstalkers & Virtua Fighter.

I personally enjoy playing EX2 Plus more than I do ST. That is the only reason why EX2 exists at the top of my list.

Truth is, if it wasn't for SF2 getting to ST I wouldn't have an EX2 Plus to love so much!

Exodus was so bad it was laughable. Being what it was, it was highly insulting to the polytheism of Egypt, basically had a scene from Interstellar. Thought i saw a low budget Donald Glover and Inspectah Deck as random extra's. There was a
EMP blast
in the movie for some reason. Abruptly ends. The only remotely religious guy in our group that talked us into watching it fell asleep at least 3 times during it. You could re-cut the movie to make college student version of 300

You paid to see that?

There are some definite improvements, but look at this gameplay and visual progression.

Pantalla_Street_Fighter_I.jpg

sf2-s3.jpg

sf3.png

8-5120_2.jpg

The jump to SF5 just great model-wise, but the use of animations and visual motifs (the ink for example) from SF4 doesn't help. Does look like Parrying is coming back in some fashion.

Like I stated in the SFV thread thats not a fair comparison. Street fighter 4 and 5 are the only games in the series that have the same team working on it. Street Fighter 1, 2,3,Alpha and EX all have completely different teams. Which accounts for such a big change in graphic direction. In terms of animations 5 is much more fluid than 4 and it seems to mostly inspired from 3 rather than 4.

Village

SFV looks so damn phoned in. I don't blame Capcom for giving the streets what they think they want because that's the cash money.

I have no clue how the gamble on Darkstalkers would've gone but better they tried that than another cycle of this again.

Well darkstalkers i believe being gauged interest wise by the sales of the hd online stuff, that stuff didn't do so hot. And while I do believe maybe more interest would be gathered if they would have just made a new game, dark stalkers is never a game I could see doing well.

Another one in that " capcoms other fighting games " list is rival schools, who's issue is that if ( to me) they were to try that, it would require watching modern anime, and hiring young people. Because the high school conventions in rival schools were outdated... when rival schools came out. Like a bunch of the roster would be gone, or an entirely new roster, massive art style change. And who they are and what they do, they would have to do some work with that.

Street fighter seems viable because its a cultural staple, its very popular, it works and sells, and isn't tethered to odd design choices.

Kreed

Slayven

Wait what year is it? Golddust? I know I been out the wrestling game for a while but did I fall through a time warp? Is Thunderbolt Patterson going to headline Wrestlemania? Are Mr.Wrestling 1 and 2 tag team champs?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Wait what year is it? Golddust? I know I been out the wrestling game for a while but did I fall through a time warp? Is Thunderbolt Patterson going to headline Wrestlemania? Are Mr.Wrestling 1 and 2 tag team champs?

Goldust came back a couple years back, and is surprisingly good.

strobogo

Banned
He is only 45? Damn I thought he was way older, he is in better shape then he was when he first started.

He wrestles like Dustin Rhodes of 1992-1993. Maybe even better. In better shape than he was back then, too. He doesn't really wrestle as the Goldust character. He wrestles as Dustin Rhodes in Goldust gear and it is dope.

Slayven

Slayven probably has a better idea of this, but I'm pretty sure that Storm wielded Mjolnir in some universe for some reason.

No, she wielded a bootleg mjornir Loki created for some long complex plot to take over Asgard. It was also during the time Thor was a frog and the new mutants were in Asgard.

No, she wielded a bootleg mjornir Loki created for some long complex plot to take over Asgard. It was also during the time Thor was a frog and the new mutants were in Asgard.

Thank you. I figured you'd know.

And you know, if Cosby had kept his mouth shut and not gone on about black men pulling up their pants...he might have made it out of here with his reputation intact. But his statements got blowback and a young comedian decided to make a joke that went internet-wide.

Don Lemon and Charles Barkley had better watch their backs.

Slayven

Thank you. I figured you'd know.

And you know, if Cosby had kept his mouth shut and not gone on about black men pulling up their pants...he might have made it out of here with his reputation intact. But his statements got blowback and a young comedian decided to make a joke that went internet-wide.

Don Lemon and Charles Barkley had better watch their backs.

I don't know, Don Lemon victim blamed a white woman on national tv. Dude has power.

RP912

Banned
I don't feel sorry for Cos at all. Dude burnt his last bridge when he came out with Cosby and looked like the dude that sing the Strokin song.

Fuck him.

Y'all talking about going to the Moon. Latinos are going to North Korea

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=143255971#post143255971

Beef, Moris explain.....

psssh I'm not DY-ing to Korea.

Stolen from the Bill Cosby thread:

Oh NOW he wants to talk nice about the black community. What happened to not blaming white people?

This would have never happened if Bill stopped blaming white people and kept his pants up.

I stopped doing the story missions as soon as they let me and just made a pile of slave owner bodies, which was hilarious to me. It's the closest thing to my dream of a 300-style Nat Turner movie.

This is gonna be a good Sunday.

RP912

Banned
Top Five was the Chris Rock movie I was waiting for him to make for years

I wanted to check that movie out...it seems right up my alley. Dudes chilling talking about top five hip hop joints and rappers.

Shit takes me back to high school when dudes were hyping the Beans/Jadakiss battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom