• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a job interview at best buy. I'm ready to re-enter the retail struggle.

I'm about to do the same (retail in general). :(

Called HR of the place I interviewed at on Thursday and they offered me the Staff Accountant job.

smugbiden.png

"I only have one question, your resume has your name as 'white guy' but your application says 'mexican guy', which do you prefer?"

"I prefer 'mexican guy'"
youngsabu.png

And that's how you use the system against itself.

One way or another we all getting out that bucket

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Called HR of the place I interviewed at on Thursday and they offered me the Staff Accountant job.

smugbiden.png

"I only have one question, your resume has your name as 'white guy' but your application says 'mexican guy', which do you prefer?"

"I prefer 'mexican guy'"
youngsabu.png

And that's how you use the system against itself.
Congrats Moris. On both getting the job and beating stereotype shit.

another BCT member joining the best buy bucket huh

if you sales get use to having your own manager shark you on a sale and making you close late
QyIMD.png
My supe used to do that when I was on the floor, but then I knocked out a $700 DSLR w/ accessories and he was like
rXhka.png
when I looked at him.
One day y'all are gonna need someone to help get you out of trouble with a police.

Imma be like, officer I think that's the guy that robbed me yesterday.

We all know you're tight with the cops anyways.

Get your own discounts.

BNBtV.png

Gorillaz

My supe used to do that when I was on the floor, but then I knocked out a $700 DSLR w/ accessories and he was like
rXhka.png
when I looked at him.

We all know you're tight with the cops anyways.

Get your own discounts.

BNBtV.png

It didn't start until after a month in when he saw how well I could open a conversation with someone and start suggesting other shit like a new tv for a console or an affordable laptop with whatever they were getting then.

Dude could be all the way outside having a smoke and he will run in and tell me "hey, Gorillaz, put me on that sale, 'homie'"

Been applying for career stuff as well but I think at this point I'm locked into the holiday season here. It's ok...will probably die during this from the stampedes. As long as the paychecks can cover the mental and most likely physical shit from the soccer mom looking for 4 dollars off of a 80 dollar camera despite it already being on sale, I will survive.

It didn't start until after a month in when he saw how well I could open a conversation with someone and start suggesting other shit like a new tv for a console or an affordable laptop with whatever they were getting then.

I'm picturing this in my head right now. "Shantall, huh? Well Shantall you in the market for a new TV? I can get you the hook-up on a new 32'' Samsung right now at a discounted price, bae"

J10

Banned
A minute ago I was the only student in my communications class who knew what a brony was.

I fucking hate my life.

Gorillaz

I'm picturing this in my head right now. "Shantall, huh? Well Shantall you in the market for a new TV? I can get you the hook-up on a new 32'' Samsung right now at a discounted price, bae"

Went to a college game last saturday with the roommates since I had a day off during the weekend for once, chick was taking pics for the newspaper. Saw she had a DSLR.

"yea yea forget the picture, so when are you going to get a new camera? you know the new Cannon T5i can do better pics then that old ass Nikon. Your not getting bae, you can do better. The image stabilization is shit. Trust me.

Tell you what come by BB tomorrow and well get you set up on a BB credit card to pay all that off.....oh yea you probably need a new 70 inch TV to really understand what your missing in life so let me get you hooked up on that shit too."

Congrats Moris. On both getting the job and beating stereotype shit.

Thanks.

I was clear through my savings and slowly reaching the limit of my credit lines. Another couple weeks and I might have been forced to start selling some stuff.

Got provisional acceptance to transfer to a CalState a couple days ago too, everything's coming up Milhouse.

I hate buddy fucking blue falcon fuckers.I mean goddamn you wanna burn the world down, stop fucking up everyone else's hustle.

Blue_Falcon.jpg

Went to a college game last saturday with the roommates since I had a day off during the weekend for once, chick was taking pics for the newspaper. Saw she had a DSLR.

"yea yea forget the picture, so when are you going to get a new camera? you know the new Cannon T5i can do better pics then that old ass Nikon. Your not getting bae, you can do better. The image stabilization is shit. Trust me.

Tell you what come by BB tomorrow and well get you set up on a BB credit card to pay all that off.....oh yea you probably need a new 70 inch TV to really understand what your missing in life so let me get you hooked up on that shit too."

Always on-duty, getting ready for that post-Thanksgiving hustle. "Yeah, you can get the DVD players, but you don't really want it. The Blu-Ray player has MUCH better sound and audio quality for only 30% more, real value for your money. oh yea, you probably gonna want one of these HDTVs, on sale now, to get the most bang for your buck. Get that and this new audio system, ma'am, you gonna be in heaven."

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I haven't worked retail in so long. Gonna have to adjust back to that mindset. lol

Thanks.

I was clear through my savings and slowly reaching the limit of my credit lines. Another couple weeks and I might have been forced to start selling some stuff.

Got provisional acceptance to transfer to a CalState a couple days ago too, everything's coming up Milhouse.

Nice to see people on the come-up! Congrats.

Slayven

Thanks.

Folks really feeling better about themselves, guess I got to remind them what time it is.

tFaTFt2.jpg

besada

Banned
One day y'all are gonna need someone to help get you out of trouble with a police.

Imma be like, officer I think that's the guy that robbed me yesterday.

Pssh, I'm not afraid of no police. I'll point them at the tiny horse, they'll check my white privilege, and take you to the stables.

Dude could be all the way outside having a smoke and he will run in and tell me "hey, Gorillaz, put me on that sale, 'homie'"

Been applying for career stuff as well but I think at this point I'm locked into the holiday season here. It's ok...will probably die during this from the stampedes. As long as the paychecks can cover the mental and most likely physical shit from the soccer mom looking for 4 dollars off of a 80 dollar camera despite it already being on sale, I will survive.

Before my time at BB, there was this one dude who would always pass off his sales to someone else if he couldn't get a protection plan on it. "I have to go help someone else, but here's ____ he can finish this up for you."
LuEuQ.png
And then if he heard someone got a good sale, he'd be right up in there with you. "Lemme get in on that man."

The supe knew about it, but he had good numbers so it's not like they could fire him lol

Gorillaz

Thanks.

Good shit bruh. Was in the same situation a about a year or so ago. It's rough on you mentally after awhile

Always on-duty, getting ready for that post-Thanksgiving hustle. "Yeah, you can get the DVD players, but you don't really want it. The Blu-Ray player has MUCH better sound and audio quality for only 30% more, real value for your money. oh yea, you probably gonna want one of these HDTVs, on sale now, to get the most bang for your buck. Get that and this new audio system, ma'am, you gonna be in heaven."

I haven't worked retail in so long. Gonna have to adjust back to that mindset. lol.
Shit makes me feel soulless at times. Starting a sale outside of the job casually....I feel empty brehs

Malyse

but we established fandoms suck.

Yet you're drawing them out.

Fandom's are fuckholes where logic goes to die. But you can be a fan without being an idiot. I love all kinds of things. I'm a pop culture magnet.
Besides half of them make nice honeypots for culling the herd.

Not my comic threads.

Yeah, thank god.
Weird, I always figured you for obtuse.

Have you seen this face? Acute is the only correct response.

Funny fuckers......

Anyway it's a phrase meaning someone who just fucks you over just because. And a friend of mine I just shocked her. Long story short, I had 2 ladies in my bed, one puked all over my floor I had to go to work and I told her when she sobered that she owed me. She cleaned my whole apt. While I was at work. My girl started laughing like why you made her clean your apartment? I told her I didn't make her do shit. She chose to. But I'm thinking I'm gonna have the next 2 days to recover. Hadn't slept in 35 hours, cause I was nursing her through the alcohol. That's when the BF fucked every body at work. He already resigned but guaranteed to work the week. Then got salty over some bullshit, and quit on the spot. This cat been fucking everyone over for a while.

Malyse

It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't update about every single thread, no matter how grave or inconsequential

I only post the threads I'm interested in hearing your commentary on. I usually don't post my gaming threads in here. Sorry I value your opinion, JC. 😟
Oh you Yin Yang twin level mofo, You need to fall back Chingy
Then you must be Kevin Federline in this equation.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I only post the threads I'm interested in hearing your commentary on. I usually don't post my gaming threads in here. Sorry I value your opinion, JC. 😟

Nope. Not gonna let that pity party shit work in two threads in one day

Not on my watch

If your thread encourages one word responses we Polly don't need to hear about it

Mortemis

Banned
another BCT member joining the best buy bucket huh

if you sales get use to having your own manager shark you on a sale and making you close late
QyIMD.png

I'm about to do the same (retail in general). :(

Shit sucks but whatever gets you money. I can already see myself falling low and tryna get sales outside of work. Gonna have to get in the mood for this shit.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Im probably going to pick up a nights/weekend retail job for extra holiday cash

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Im probably going to pick up a nights/weekend retail job for extra holiday cash

I'm considering this as well, but for different reasons. I absolutely hate my home life, which is weird and unusual and unpleasant. Note: never live with 2 women.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom