• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherlock is great. He voices a great smaug in the hobbit and he plays a creepy rapist in atonement which is a good movie

That's all I got

Oh shit I forgot he was in 12 years a slave

If the Cumberbatch news is true then I'm satisfied with it. No doubt that he couldn't pull it off.

tumblr_ml2z29SnJD1rjxj9ko1_500.gif

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Man, thank you FROM; I was almost going to purchase a PS4. Now that Bloodborne is 30 fps, I don't have to.

Avatar quote. While some of the complaints are valid this none news is telling about a lot "gamers".

RP912

Banned
As work and school keeps coming into play. I'm seriously thinking about settling with my pc and just getting a midi so I can get back into trying to make music....key word TRYING.

Dunno about jumping the next gen wave even though that 349 xbone sounds good and Bayo 2 is tempting enough to cop.

G-Fex

I'm all for Twitch's new thing of finally getting them to stop that stuff.

But let's face it, Twitch plays favorites all the fucking time, no way it's gonna stop Kaceytorn, and whatever other girl that is a big moneymaker.

Same reason they won't ban DansGaming for doing stupid non-game related shit. But will quick to ban someone else.

Reading that Charles Barkley thread has made me realize how different my experience has been from a lot of black folk regarding intelligence. I got some of the "acting white" stuff too growing up, but never to the demoralizing degree that a lot of members say they've experienced. I didn't grow up rich either; inner city Baltimore born and raised by a single mother. Was never much of a social being either, so I couldn't use that to overcome whatever barriers are supposed to have existed between me and other lower class blacks. And yet, I found tons of support and people who admired my intellect from family, friends, teachers, etc.

It just brings me to this point where I'm wondering how much of the "crabs in the bucket" mentality is truth and how much is hyperbole. Because while I acknowledge that it does exist, I can't being myself to ignore all the brothers and sisters out there who do genuinely admire intelligence and want to see other blacks get educated and be successful.

Just feels like we're only telling one part of the story so that we can continue pushing the old respectability narrative.

I get the "not black enough" far more from non-black people than I do from black people.

Man, thank you FROM; I was almost going to purchase a PS4. Now that Bloodborne is 30 fps, I don't have to.

That was the breakpoint for you?

RP912

Banned
Twitch fell off the moment they stopped the powerful ps4 web show phenomenon. Of course dudes were doing weird shit but I rather see regular people playing or talking about games than a miserable streamer bitching about not making a jump on I Wanna Be the Boshy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm surprised anyone who's that much of a stickler for 60 FPS would buy a home console. The majority of developers are going to go for 30 FPS with better visuals since it makes a stronger first impression/sale on the average consumer when they're looking to showcase their game on static hardware.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
There's also no precedent for Demon's/Dark Souls being 60 FPS on any platform. Even on PC as it does some weird shit to the physics when unlocked.

So it seems weird that you were 100% on board for yet another sequel/spiritual successor/same fucking game as Dark Souls, yet were 100% off once it was confirmed to be the same framerate as the other games

Man, you know damn well you weren't going to buy no PS4 don't front... Lmao

"I swear this game better be 60 fps , these muthafuckas say 59 I ain't buying shit!!"

DMczaf

Is there a different between Nivida and AMD graphics cards or it's just brand preferences?

In the past, it's been Nvidia > AMD mainly due to the quality of Nvidia's drivers and better support, but I haven't been keeping up to date on the Video Card Warz in the last year.

RP912

Banned
Yea I just been rocking my apu since most of the games I play are not graphics heavy. One day I'll update to the Kaveri.

Malyse

Haven't played God Hand

Last question makes it sound like the game is trash
Naw, it's alright. But it's just alright. If you're a fan then you'll like it well enough. Go in with tempered expectations. It's priced like it is for a reason.

RP912

Banned
Godhand is ok but them controls are buttcheeks and folks hyped the game to the moon. It basically got the review it deserved from IGN.

RP912

Banned
You should review on the quality of the product not your disappointment in its failure to live up to unwarranted expectations.

The thing is I actually enjoyed the game in the beginning but as time progress it felt more of a chore to play. I guess it's that vintage Capcom PS2 overkill ass difficulty that made the game seem ok.

Malyse

The thing is I actually enjoyed the game in the beginning but as time progress it felt more of a chore to play. I guess it's that vintage Capcom PS2 overkill ass difficulty that made the game seem ok.
Except now people hold up Dark Souls and Ninja Gaiden, neither of which were quite as FUCK YOU, PLAYER as God Hand would get. Plus it was straight up over the top in the most gloriously insane ways.

I was planning to make a post reviewing all the rap albums I've listened to this year as I don't think anything else is going to be released for the rest of the year for the artists I know, but I do know the post will be incredibly long as I like to go into detail. Would it be better to post here or make a thread?

RP912

Banned
I gave up on Godhand when I had to fight the dude that had the same moves as me. I almost dropped my heel on my ps3 the amount of times of trying to beat that guy.

J10

Banned
I was planning to make a post reviewing all the rap albums I've listened to this year as I don't think anything else is going to be released for the rest of the year for the artists I know, but I do know the post will be incredibly long as I like to go into detail. Would it be better to post here or make a thread?

Let DreamDrop make the thread, then you can just post in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom