• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinite

I never backed a horse in the franchise chicken debate here so for the record I'll go with Popeyes. KFC is fucking dog food

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn Besada lording your ability to ban people in this fresh new OT.

Make sure you remind everyone who you are and what you're capable of

:(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince SW4 is amazing.

I'll be able to give some full impressions sometime tomorrow.

FUCK

Guess it's time to get a shitty PS4, since I don't think SW4 is getting ported anywhere. Maybe I should do some digging.

At least it won't end up like SW3, where I had to play that busted-ass Wii graphics version. I love the Samurai Warriors series more than all the others, they put a lot of care into the characters they make. I'm still grinding away in WO3 Ultimate...and I bought it for three systems, like an idiot.

DW8XL is pretty dope too, but man that PC port ain't so great.

jmood88

I haven't posted much in the other threads so I'll fill this out:

Where you're from- New Orleans
Where you live- Back in New Orleans after wasting time in Columbus Ohio for school
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- proud member of Team Blasian (Black and Japanese)
Do you know your roots- a little bit
Your Age- 26
Favorite musical genre- too many
Your profession/major/career interest- Public health professional/doctor. I'm in grad school right now for public health and will be going to med school after I'm done.
Your religious affiliation- Christian
Hobbies- A bunch of shit

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Damn you DreamDrop. Now who knows what kind of twisted ads I am going to get having clicked that thread.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
If these fools want games to be taken seriously, how are they gonna neglect the one defining trait that seperates games from film or books?
Exactly. Games need to stop trying to ape books or movies and focus on innovation in the one place where they are most unique: direct interaction with the audience: gameplay.

Silky

Banned
Brehs, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. With enough grind and a devoted faith to the based god, anything can come true.

After a year of struggle I /finally/ got fucking employed.

UNJKn4E.jpg

Malyse

Brehs, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. With enough grind and a devoted faith to the based god, anything can come true.

UNJKn4E.jpg

Congrats.
Pray I can get paid one day.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Congrats Silky. Very timely news wouldn't you say?

"Oh Mr. Silky I see you created the next OP for the Black Culture Thread on the New Gaming Age Forum. Well, that certainly puts you ahead of the competition. Welcome aboard."

Yeah, that's definitely how it happened.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I'll take a guess

"Racism has officially been declared bad, but calling someone racist is now punishable with jail time"

"Being right on the internet is now a laudable goal"

"Melanin found to have aphrodisiac properties, is now a controlled substance"

Well, ive got ab idea for a concept now, thanks.

Silky

Banned
Congrats Silky. Very timely news wouldn't you say?

"Oh Mr. Silky I see you created the next OP for the Black Culture Thread on the New Gaming Age Forum. Well, that certainly puts you ahead of the competition. Welcome aboard."

Yeah, that's definitely how it happened.

Wouldn't be surprised if she was a gaffer lmao

People like Lil B ironically right?

There's nothing ironic about the based god

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
People like Lil B ironically right?

The Black Guy who tips Gamergate shade is glorious.

Lil B is cool when he wants to be.

He gets respect for some of his more...positive songs as well: regardless of technical proficiency or "skill". He's got charisma.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
DreamDrop, I'll kick you!

~~

Congrats Silky!

~~

FUCK

Guess it's time to get a shitty PS4, since I don't think SW4 is getting ported anywhere. Maybe I should do some digging.

At least it won't end up like SW3, where I had to play that busted-ass Wii graphics version. I love the Samurai Warriors series more than all the others, they put a lot of care into the characters they make. I'm still grinding away in WO3 Ultimate...and I bought it for three systems, like an idiot.

DW8XL is pretty dope too, but man that PC port ain't so great.

They have it available for digital download on PS3. Surprisingly, the graphics on PS3 are beautiful! I may have a heart attack If I see the PS4 graphics.

God SW3 was awful. The graphics were hilariously bad, the movements were slow, there was so much lag, the weapons system was really lame, ugh I could go on. It was a very underwhelming game coming from the great SW1 and 2. I'm hoping 4 redeems the series for people because 3 was terribad.

SW is my favorite Musou series for the very same reason. They truly care about development, characters play style, balance and they work hard to keep people engaged. I lost interest in DW once they added too many characters and lost a lot of it's charm. Everyone's so one dimensional and the weapon swapping is very much a chore to deal with.

I haven't gotten Ultimate yet. I kinda see no point after beating WO3. I'll just wait for WO4.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They have it available for digital download on PS3. Surprisingly, the graphics on PS3 are beautiful! I may have a heart attack If I see the PS4 graphics.

God SW3 was awful. The graphics were hilariously bad, the movements were slow, there was so much lag, the weapons system was really lame, ugh I could go on. It was a very underwhelming game coming from the great SW1 and 2. I'm hoping 4 redeems the series for people because 3 was terribad.

SW is my favorite Musou series for the very same reason. They truly care about development, characters play style, balance and they work hard to keep people engaged. I lost interest in DW once they added too many characters and lost a lot of it's charm. Everyone's so one dimensional and the weapon swapping is very much a chore to deal with.

I haven't gotten Ultimate yet. I kinda see no point after beating WO3. I'll just wait for WO4.

Oh shit it's on PS3? Fuck yes. I don't want to buy a system for it, I am allllll in on this. WO3 Ultimate was a bummer because it doesn't come with the DLC. Just added chapters. So uh...yeah.

Fuck, I'm so hyped now. So happy to hear it's on PS3 - didn't know it, because I check gamefly for new releases and since it's digital only, WELL. So happy!

Also I don't like weapon swaps that DW is relying on so much. I don't care about a custom dude either. They're getting more and more outlandish with their new characters, too. Which is fine, it just feels like SW's cast is BETTER in every way. It still bums me out how DW did Xu Zhu, after reading the books.

Silky

Banned
I really really dislike Samurai Musou / Sengoku Basara. I dunno, they're like my least favorite musou titles

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really really dislike Samurai Musou / Sengoku Basara. I dunno, they're like my least favorite musou titles

Which one did you play? Sengoku Basara doesn't do it for me, but I wish it did.

RedSwirl

I've been noticing a lot of "other than gameplay" and "without gameplay" type of threads lately. It's starting to get annoying.

What makes more sense to me is"without combat" or "other than combat." I think one of the things holding this medium back is how a lot of people have started to think of "gameplay" as only meaning hurting stuff.

UNJKn4E.jpg

Nice!

*sigh* Two and a half motherfuckin years.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Oh shit it's on PS3? Fuck yes. I don't want to buy a system for it, I am allllll in on this. WO3 Ultimate was a bummer because it doesn't come with the DLC. Just added chapters. So uh...yeah.

Fuck, I'm so hyped now. So happy to hear it's on PS3 - didn't know it, because I check gamefly for new releases and since it's digital only, WELL. So happy!

Also I don't like weapon swaps that DW is relying on so much. I don't care about a custom dude either. They're getting more and more outlandish with their new characters, too. Which is fine, it just feels like SW's cast is BETTER in every way. It still bums me out how DW did Xu Zhu, after reading the books.

Yep, just became available yesterday. :D

God, the weapon swapping was the worst thing they could've done. Ruined it for me. But I see it attracted more fans so I have no complaints. Musou games are great and the more love they get, the better.

I agree about the cast so much. I used to love a lot of the characters in DW but they are so milquetoast now...

If you played SW3, I understand completely.

As for Basara, I don't like how "extra" the characters are. And they have a problem with cloning too. Lots of people look alike, act alike and even have the same fighting styles. Hard for me to enjoy them much, but I do have fun sometimes with the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom