• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
Wait, so now there have been TWO threads about Evilore's dubious past with women online that were nuked from orbit immediately?

iblbyeAV8dfh90.gif

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
That street harassment thread is almost comical in how predictable certain posters positions are

sad too

Agreed. I think some do it on purpose tbh, but I'll cut the genuinely confused guys a break.

I don't personally mind being called 'darling/sweetheart' by older males because it's usually done kindly (some address their daughters as such and that's sweet you know ~ I've also never had those two terms abused on me so they're quite innocent in my experience) but I feel where most go wrong is that they can't grasp the art of human interaction. Catcalling is obviously wrong, but they fail within conversation to grasp whether a woman is uncomfortable or not.

It is very sad.

Slayven

Agreed. I think some do it on purpose tbh, but I'll cut the genuinely confused guys a break.

I don't personally mind being called 'darling/sweetheart' by older males because it's usually done kindly (some address their daughters as such and that's sweet you know ~ I've also never had those two terms abused on me so they're quite innocent in my experience) but I feel where most go wrong is that they can't grasp the art of human interaction. Catcalling is obviously wrong, but they fail within conversation to grasp whether a woman is uncomfortable or not.

It is very sad.

I would never treat you with such blatant disrespect that exist among "hip hop" culture. And I am not a racist

J10

Banned

It is very sad.

Do you mind being called ma'am?

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I would never treat you with such blatant disrespect that exist among "hip hop" culture. And I am not a racist

omg

Do you mind being called ma'am?

I've only gotten that from kids so it's not a big deal there at all but from another adult, I would find it odd but it depends on the situation.

Now that I think of it... my mom says that to me. o_O

I really don't know now.

Edit: @oldschool thanks I will (puts it off until Halloween because wimp)

Slayven

Took out the trash, saw that dead mole that been in the neighbor's yard for the last 2 days, and looked up at the sky. And remembered there is going to be a Black Panther movie. Life is good.

Fam this Saginaw shooting video. I'm close to raging and I don't try not to rage.

I better go brew some of this chamomile tea so I can calm the fuck down. Screaming and punching shit is counterproductive.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Regarding the harassment video
Since saying "Hello" to you on the street is a breach of your personal space and an affront to your basic Human rights, how exactly should we go about meeting y'all? You know considering how y'all are too scared to approach men you like. What should we say that isn't considered harassment?

Creepy goons aside I honestly wanted to ask this same question. It might be stupid but obviously it needs to be asked so that future situations change for the better.

Slayven

Fam this Saginaw shooting video. I'm close to raging and I don't try not to rage.

I better go brew some of this chamomile tea so I can calm the fuck down. Screaming and punching shit is counterproductive.

Has it always been this bad? Or are cops just wilding out this summer?

Creepy goons aside I honestly wanted to ask this same question. It might be stupid but obviously it needs to be asked so that future situations change for the better.

People aren't actually saying that saying 'hello' to someone you don't know qualifies as harassment are they?

Sounds like hyperbole.

Part of it comes with age/experience I'm sure, but it's not that hard to read the situation, actually pay attention to someone and gauge where they wouldn't mind being approached, much less spit at.

Some of these dudes out here are beyond help tho

Trey

Catch them in the club or somesuch other social engagement.

Even beyond that, some people are just anti social and don't want to be talked to at all.

Approaching people, you're gonna take some Ls regardless. Best not to take it too hard.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

You see, the issue here is nothing ever set in stone. Most women don't mind hellos and greetings, but in the event that a woman doesn't want to be bothered, that's the end of it. I really can't tell you otherwise.

We're trying to expose the distinction in intent, and it lies in the execution. A simple "Hi" or "Good morning/evening/afternoon" is so normal and yet effective most of the time. It leaves room for conversation or even just to inform the girl you noticed her while not invading her personal space. But body language is also important on both ends. If she's physically expressing discomfort, leave her be. If she responds in kind, you're good to go. Approaching a girl with "Hey baby/beautiful" is showing obvious intent as is a simple "Hello" while staring at her ass.

Tldr, greet a woman like you would any potential friend/partner/etc. Instead of treating us like strange creatures, treat us like anyone else. Not saying that's what you're doing, but a lot of guys can't make the distinction.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Dr. Strange is gonna get hit with that Nerf Bat so fucking hard. I can feel it. I wonder how demonic they're gonna let him get though.

Yea, I had to step away from my pc. That shit had me heated.

Tldr, greet a woman like you would any potential friend/partner/etc. Instead of treating us like strange creatures, treat us like anyone else. Not saying that's what you're doing, but a lot of guys can't make the distinction.

Honestly I think a lot of dudes need a crash course in reading female body language.

I also think there's a disconnect with how one should approach someone but it's like you said if she is giving off that vibe, leave her alone.

It's still open season, fam.

They were responding to a call about a stolen cup of coffee. He had a small knife and they knew of his mental illness history. And they still filled him up with bullets.

I...................uwhatm8?

edit: meant to type knife, not gun.

Kreed

In the video the majority of the men saying "Hello" without "Beautiful" or "Sweetie" attached did not stop with the hello, even when it was clear she wasn't interested in talking to them. They kept throwing comments at her trying to get her attention. That's what you don't do.

It's still open season, fam.

They were responding to a call about a stolen cup of coffee. He had a small gun and they knew of his mental illness history. And they still filled him up with bullets.

I...................uwhatm8?

Watching a documentary on convict leasing right now. America's never been shy about the fact that black lives really don't mean shit

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Dr. Strange is gonna get hit with that Nerf Bat so fucking hard. I can feel it. I wonder how demonic they're gonna let him get though.

Yea, I had to step away from my pc. That shit had me heated.

they dont have to nerf him. just dont give him a cosmic tier threat to deal with.

and that video. yeah, fuck all that noise.

My obviously unproven theory is that it has always been this bad, but with the advent of better technology (in-phone cameras, online social media, etc), we have more exposure to what is going on.

Back in my mom's day back in Mississippi, when a black man got drowned in the lake by the Klan, people couldn't even openly react to the injustice when the body got pulled out of the water. Today, not only is the crime being filmed, it is uploaded to the internet for all to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom