• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So is calling somebody the R word on here just as bad as the N word?
If we are to judge by reactions alone, yes, apparently calling someone racist on the Internet is worse than calling someone a nigger in real life. It's a sad state of affairs.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Well to be fair I think any personal insults are punished on here.

You can call someone's actions idiotic or racist, but getting inflammatory with it like J10 did is just asking for it.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Yeah, if xnipx was referring to Fred and J10, then no. J10 fucked up and he knows he did because he went straight for insulting him without a filter. I'd like to believe pointing out someone's words or beliefs as racist isn't as insulting as it is educational, but again there is a hyper sensitivity to being perceived as racist and sometimes a predatory mindset towards catching people acting that way. Both aren't right but to catch a ban you usually have to cross the line into direct, personal insults.

Kreed

In reference to J10? It's normally not a good idea to insult people on this forum period if you don't want a ban, but at the very least if you do it needs to be in response to a post that is incredibly stupid/insulting that warrants the insult. For example, DY went in on that Link dude who compared being black to pedophilia a while back, pretty much in similar fashion to what J10 did in here. DY was able to do that because dude said something incredibly fucked up and insulting and it was in the thread in question. Here, J10 was just going off at the guy in general in a completely different thread where the guy hadn't appeared in before until he showed up to defend himself.

Village

The only thing on Saiya and DBZ level is One Piece.

mmmmm

I don't know about that. one peice is kinda... eh

But I wasn't commenting on quality, although I like naruto more than one peice. I was commenting it being a multimillion dollar manga franchise in this day an age. They already have a movie plan that starts after a time skip that starts after the manga that is supposed to start a whole host of other things. Then there is video games, other movies merchandise and potentially an whole other anime series like Saint Seiya, Naruto isn't ending anytime soon. Kishimoto is just going to do less work to make money now.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
That weird feeling when you walk past a co-worker looking at Cortana pics from the new Gamersyde MCC footage and he's whispering "ooh skeet skeet skeet" under his breath
tlvIwq4.png

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The only difference between one piece and naruto is that naruto's fanbase is self aware

harSon

Banned
If this Gears XB1 release is anything like the MCC, I'll probably die and go to heaven.

Hopefully the MCC is the standard that other studios strive for when making HD releases, cause shit is bananas.

Damn im still hype about the BP movie being made, keep Hudlin away plz Marvel. Also Stan Lee was right, should have never doubted stan the man. Wonder what his cameo going to be in BP, make him a random Wakanda citizen and play it straight lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If this Gears XB1 release is anything like the MCC, I'll probably die and go to heaven.

Hopefully the MCC is the standard that other studios strive for when making HD releases, cause shit is bananas.

You're goddamn right, every Gears map with Beast and Horde, and Horde 2.0 rules as well, not to mention multi, multi bot matches, all the characters, everything, goddamn I'd pay $200 for that.

I would pay a ridiculous amount of money for this. Goddamnnnnnn.

Silky

Banned
You're goddamn right, every Gears map with Beast and Horde, and Horde 2.0 rules as well, not to mention multi, multi bot matches, all the characters, everything, goddamn I'd pay $200 for that.

I would pay a ridiculous amount of money for this. Goddamnnnnnn.

Gears 2 Execution with decent netcode on River.....goddamn.

I'm starting to think this nigga Kubo is self aware this entire arc besides slightly fucking up with some of the Stern fights even then this dude was like "I know you know they're fodder." Black Quincy is still alive.

Bleach is GOAT Fuck the haters lol

Seriously though Naruto and Bleach were good this week.

I'm starting to think this nigga Kubo is self aware this entire arc besides slightly fucking up with some of the Stern fights even then this dude was like "I know you know they're fodder." Black Quincy is still alive.

Bleach is GOAT Fuck the haters lol

Seriously though Naruto and Bleach were good this week.

I read Kubo as Kobe and was extremely confused as to what you were trying to say. I really thought there was a NBA anime out there I had missed somehow

RedSwirl

The fuck?

*looks it up*

Oh damn.

But would I really get an XB1 just to play upgraded versions of my 360 games?

hypernima

Banned
I was really irritated at work, headache and all when this old white dude wanted to cash a check and was heckling me because the check machine was slow. I turned to look him in the eyes and I unintentionally (ok maybe a little bit intentionally) gave him the Third Art: Dehumanizing Stare. He let out a "Why are you looking at me like that?" in a shriek, and then apologized after the transaction.

Man, retail is so jarring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom