• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not since most Caribbean and African immigrants are middle class already.

Perhaps, but then middle class black immigrant families have been some of the biggest beneficiaries of university affirmative action policies. So when a benefit is conferred with the designation, I'm not so sure it would readily be passed up.

akira28

Gordon, have you talked to anyone professional about this? I mean, sometimes it helps to talk it out, because you never know when new perspective will just come out of nowhere inside of the realm of thoughts you've already constructed around the subject.

I think your younger brother just doesn't know how to deal with or comprehend what happened, or how it would effect you. Lots of people think that when it happens to you, it's like a sickness that you repeat later on in your own life, so it could be that he's just ignorant. not necessarily trying to hurt you or open up old wounds. He just doesn't know how a victim or a survivor is after the trauma.

akira28

on a different note

Comic readers, make sure to pick up the November issue of Mighty Avengers. #14. It's a touching ending of an ok story arc and a real "we done made it yall" story.

Black Avengers saving the world every day while the rest of humanity doesn't even notice. And it's just Tuesday. What's next?

also, on that complete and absolute FUCKKERY tip, DC comics finally gets into what drove the knife between Future Bruce and Future Dick Greyson...
Bruce fucked Barbara Gordon and got her pregnant when Greyson moved (20 minutes away from Gotham) to Bluddhaven.
I literally croaked, and then threw the comic into the trashcan. I can't even. I mean...of all the things. this is YOUR Batman Beyond. I never liked that shit.

Gordon, my man. I'm sorry that you are going through this. It sounds like a timeout. Family are the ones that know how to hurt us best even if they dont think that they are hurting us. Might be time to pull your family together and move somewhere else and get some space to breathe.

Gordon, have you talked to anyone professional about this? I mean, sometimes it helps to talk it out, because you never know when new perspective will just come out of nowhere inside of the realm of thoughts you've already constructed around the subject.

I think your younger brother just doesn't know how to deal with or comprehend what happened, or how it would effect you. Lots of people think that when it happens to you, it's like a sickness that you repeat later on in your own life, so it could be that he's just ignorant. not necessarily trying to hurt you or open up old wounds. He just doesn't know how a victim or a survivor is after the trauma.

See someone? No, well..kinda, a long time ago. I self medicated with laughter..and drinking. I'm a big clown. It's how I coped with it for many years. Honestly, I haven't thought about it for a while. I'm pretty good about it, for the most part.

To clarify, he's not related..just a young friend that I consider fam. I gave his son his nickname..I'm there for him when he and his lady go through it. He comes to me for advice..it's why it shook me. I've not spoken to blood in years, because they pulled a "family is family" on me, and I'm not having it..not with MY children.

on a different note

also, on that complete and absolute FUCKKERY tip, DC comics finally gets into what drove the knife between Future Bruce and Future Dick Greyson...
Bruce fucked Barbara Gordon and got her pregnant when Greyson moved (20 minutes away from Gotham) to Bluddhaven.
I literally croaked, and then threw the comic into the trashcan. I can't even. I mean...of all the things. this is YOUR Batman Beyond. I never liked that shit.

Didn't have a problem with that since
Bruce and Barbara were in a relationship in the show.
Some fuckery like that isn't surprising.

Who the hell is Elena?

the one black chick on the show Felicity

felcitiy-1-17-elena-and-felicity.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like Christmas, assuming you're talking about that as opposed to "harvest"/Thanksgiving. But there's positives to both. Even working retail for about seven years hasn't killed my enthusiasm for the holidays. There's a smell, the colors, the warmth I'll always love.

I like Christmas, assuming you're talking about that as opposed to "harvest"/Thanksgiving. But there's positives to both. Even working retail for about seven years hasn't killed my enthusiasm for the holidays. There's a smell, the colors, the warmth I'll always love.

Ahh, the weight gains.

DominoKid

applying for this marketing job w/ this company like i'm really gonna get called in for an interview
KpGW9eG.png

positive thoughts though right brehs
KpGW9eG.png

shit would be nice though. they do what my current employer does a whole lot better and in a sport i actually care about.

Trey

Just watched the Man From Nowhere. It was mediocre, but that last battle was hot. lol at the death threat email they sent to Obama, at the whitehouse official email address no less.

Malyse

I love this time of year. Less sunlight, better fashion, less sunlight, better entertainment options, less sunlight, Christmas, thanksgiving, black friday, less sunlight. If only it weren't so cold.

When I was packing my shit out of the house a couple months back, was when I realized all my clothes were winter/fall clothes. I'm gonna look solid.

jWILL253

Banned
I wanna discuss something, BCTGaf.

What inspires somebody to cheat?

As someone that has only been in one relationship, I never understood how people can cheat. I mean, if you find someone that loves you and is willing to put up with your shit, you should stick with him/her, right? But that doesn't seem to be the case with some people. Some people even brag about it. Shit is weird to me.

Is it fustration? Is it boredom? Is it just about sex? I honestly don't get it.

In other news... here goes. I'm writing a script for a future YouTube review of Final Fantasy XII. I hope I don't suck...

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I love this time of year. Less sunlight, better fashion, less sunlight, better entertainment options, less sunlight, Christmas, thanksgiving, black friday, less sunlight. If only it weren't so cold.

The bolded is correct. Fly jackets, scarves, and boots >>>>>> *

I wanna discuss something, BCTGaf.

What inspires somebody to cheat?

As someone that has only been in one relationship, I never understood how people can cheat. I mean, if you find someone that loves you and is willing to put up with your shit, you should stick with him/her, right? But that doesn't seem to be the case with some people. Some people even brag about it. Shit is weird to me.

Is it fustration? Is it boredom? Is it just about sex? I honestly don't get it.

In other news... here goes. I'm writing a script for a future YouTube review of Final Fantasy XII. I hope I don't suck...

A mix of things depending on the situations. It's a shitty thing to do: no doubt about it. Sometimes, people just falter to the stimuli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom