• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all. I'll keep this brief..

Police took a statement from my daughter..say they'll investigate, but ultimately, it's her word against his. I knew to stay home. I knew I'd light right into the cop that would say that shit. I knew this shit would go just like this. I'm going to spare you people a second day of downers.

Seriously, thank you ALL so very much. You have no idea how wrecked I've been, and y'all gave me a nice boost. I love this forum for exactly this reason..you guys and gals are amazing. Now, to figure out how to deal with transportation and getting this fuck off that bus..

Peace..

Malyse

DD, the way you generalize "fandoms" is veeerrryyy similar to the way society at large generalizes us. I hope you realize that.

Generalizing the many due to the actions of the few never works...

Generalizing something you choose and something you can't help are two different animals.
That's not being a part of a fandom, thats being a shit. A shit will be shit, no matter what exterior label you give it. Its still a shit, and that shit will like shit and sometimes it will be the shit you like.

Gaming culture is a reflection of larger culture, liking games didn't make people willfully ignorant misogynist racists shits, life did that.
And you don't have to embrace it!
There's a difference between being a fan and being in the fandom. I'm a fan of a ton of things. … [But,] by including yourself in fandom, you're tacitly accepting the worst parts of that fandom

Malyse

Police took a statement from my daughter..say they'll investigate, but ultimately, it's her word against his. I knew to stay home. I knew I'd light right into the cop that would say that shit. I knew this shit would go just like this. I'm going to spare you people a second day of downers.

Seriously, thank you ALL so very much. You have no idea how wrecked I've been, and y'all gave me a nice boost. I love this forum for exactly this reason..you guys and gals are amazing. Now, to figure out how to deal with transportation and getting this fuck off that bus..

Peace..

Bro, we are always here if you need to talk. I'm serious. Don't feel a need to spare us from anything.

Village

All that really needs to be said about it.

Feels like when you're in grade school enjoying yourself but the fuck boys can't get their shit together so everyone gets a bad wrap. Hated that shit then and I'm not very pleased with the reputation fans get because of tards.

Here's my issue with this, I was talking to my friend who is trying to become a teacher

When you do that, it suggests the class should bully the other students acting out, or hate them or isolate them for acting out. Any discipline that suggests doing this is messed up.

two, even children understand thats stupid, and they don't end up hating this kids a lot of the time. They just hate you .

Village

Generalizing something you choose and something you can't help are two different animals.

They are different animals yes, but that wasn't the point. The point was thats a shitty argument no matter what you're talking about it.

Also I would argue that our preferences in entertainment are psychological and its less of choice of liking it rather experiencing it in the first place. But that's an entirely different argument.

jWILL253

Banned

You think the majority of gamers can help the actions of a few people?

Gordon, I don't know where you live, but does your daughter's school district require cameras on school buses? Maybe that'll help...

Malyse

They are different animals yes, but that wasn't the point. The point was thats a shitty argument no matter what you're talking about it.

Also I would argue that our preferences in entertainment are psychological and its less of choice of liking it rather experiencing it in the first place. But that's an entirely different argument.
There are things I'm certain I would like that I don't engage with as well as things I like that I don't talk about because of fandom. Setting aside preference, engaging in fandom is a choice.

You think the majority of gamers can help the actions of a few people?

Gordon, I don't know where you live, but does your daughter's school district require cameras on school buses? Maybe that'll help...

I'm not sure. We just came back to Florida in March..it's something my son was suggesting would probably be on board. I'm waiting for a call from a close friend who is an attorney and who's wife is a teacher here..I want to run it by them, and see what they suggest.

strobogo

Banned
Fucking Katt Williams. When has it EVER been good for anyone's life when you end up hanging with Suge Knight?

I gotta bunch to read but I don't want to do shit. I just want to curl up into a ball and binge eat and nap.

Lena Dunham cancels book tour dates following claims she 'sexually abused' her younger sister

In "Save Career" Mode

giphy.gif

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Here's my issue with this, I was talking to my friend who is trying to become a teacher

When you do that, it suggests the class should bully the other students acting out, or hate them or isolate them for acting out. Any discipline that suggests doing this is messed up.

two, even children understand thats stupid, and they don't end up hating this kids a lot of the time. They just hate you .

I'm going into elementary education and you're raising a point that we're actually making strides to make changes in. We are starting to be encouraged to evaluate students individually instead of lumping them together as that stunts potential and also places pressure on students for elements they can't control. I mean, I honestly don't understand why they didn't realize this in the first place but better late than never I guess.

Teachers should evaluate each student, and unruly characters should be dealt with appropriately and not at the expense of ruining other students education. I swear most of my teachers spent more time punishing the bad kids than attempting to help them or even try something different and because of that, classes suffered.

Regarding fandom, this is quite similar. Fandom isn't by itself a tragedy, but when you let the fools run everything, of course it seems negative.

Edit: Keep your head up Gordon. We're all praying for you. And please don't do anything brash... Your daughter needs her daddy more than ever right now.

Village

There are things I'm certain I would like that I don't engage with as well as things I like that I don't talk about because of fandom. Setting aside preference, engaging in fandom is a choice.

... depends on your definition.

If your definition is " going to conventions and shit"

Why yes is more than a choice.

If your definition " I like thing and I might spend money on thing" , while the spend money part is a choice in many ways. The liking part epically alot is ... psychological. Not fandoms require money, not all things with fanbases cost things. Then there is another argument that the spending money part might not even be voluntary, but that's like brain stuff and that might be too deep for a conversation stemming from people liking sonic:horse edition . Or one not fit for this thread by itself.

Village

I'm going into elementary education and you're raising a point that we're actually making strides to make changes in. We are starting to be encouraged to evaluate students individually instead of lumping them together as that stunts potential and also places pressure on students for elements they can't control. I mean, I honestly don't understand why they didn't realize this in the first place but better late than never I guess.

Teachers should evaluate each student, and unruly characters should be dealt with appropriately and not at the expense of ruining other students education. I swear most of my teachers spent more time punishing the bad kids than attempting to help them or even try something different and because of that, classes suffered.

Regarding fandom, this is quite similar. Fandom isn't by itself a tragedy, but when you let the fools run everything, of course it seems negative.

\.

I know exactly what you are talking about, just punishing people with out trying to figure out why they hate school is a good way to get that kid to hate school more. School is a place of learning instead of taking away learning time and punishing them you should be trying to get them back to learning. They are a child or student or whatever a lot of them don't really understand too well the value of learning yet. So you taking the learning away isn't doing anything.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I don't think this Lena stuff hurts feminism. If anything, it's something we've been trying to push regarding equality: the idea that women are all nurturers and unlikely to harm others, is a load of crap.

While it might be seen as crazy to push this, it has its purpose. She's getting less heat than men who commit these crimes simply because she's a woman. Fuck that shit, she's scum for what she's done and her gender shouldn't save her. Women can be monsters too.

I don't think this Lena stuff hurts feminism. If anything, it's something we've been trying to push regarding equality: the idea that women are all nurturers and unlikely to harm others, is a load of crap.

While it might be seen as crazy to push this, it has its purpose. She's getting less heat than men who commit these crimes simply because she's a woman. Fuck that shit, she's scum for what she's done and her gender shouldn't save her. Women can be monsters too.

That's an interesting take on it. It's just interesting that she was getting compared to Woody Allen in the beginning of her career.

Malyse

I was referring to the way someone so flawed was for so long held up as the new face of feminism.

Legitimate spoiler is legitimately a spoiler.
See also: Gone Girl

Also: http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/03/18/lena-dunham-woody-allen-dylan-farrow/

jWILL253

Banned
It's gonna be hard to buy games for console that don't have a PC version once I get my PS4.

This generation is already the most annoying one. All this addition-by-subtraction game development and the parity-for-moneyhat marketing is for the birds.

I was gonna check out CoD:AW, but the Season Pass costs almost as much as the fucking game. Just for some bum ass maps?? And don't even get me started on Destiny, WWE 2K15 and The Sims 4.

Bullshit...

Malyse

It's gonna be hard to buy games for console that don't have a PC version once I get my PS4.

This generation is already the most annoying one. All this addition-by-subtraction game development and the parity-for-moneyhat marketing is for the birds.

I was gonna check out CoD:AW, but the Season Pass costs almost as much as the fucking game. Just for some bum ass maps?? And don't even get me started on Destiny, WWE 2K15 and The Sims 4.

Bullshit...

Wii U/PC is best girl.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
That's an interesting take on it. It's just interesting that she was getting compared to Woody Allen in the beginning of her career.

She deserves to be compared to anyone else that preys on kids. I do believe some blame falls on her mother but as she got older, she should have known better than to do such horrible acts on her sister.

jWILL253

Banned
Wii U/PC is best bruh.

Ftfy.

And yeah, but most of these next gen games are gonna have higher spec requirements, and I'm not gonna spend the $500+ it would require to do that until I have disposable income.

And even Nintendo is on that addition-by-subtraction shit...

Malyse

She deserves to be compared to anyone else that preys on kids. I do believe some blame falls on her mother but as she got older, she should have known better than to do such horrible acts on her sister.
When is the last time a white women has really been vilified for something she did? Jodi Arias? I mean Paula Deen got her own network after her shit, so…

besada

Banned

Peace..

Sorry you're having to go through this. If there's anything I can do, let me know.

Malyse

Ftfy.

And yeah, but most of these next gen games are gonna have higher spec requirements, and I'm not gonna spend the $500+ it would require to do that until I have disposable income.

And even Nintendo is on that addition-by-subtraction shit...

You don't watch enough anime if you don't know what a best girl is.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
When is the last time a white women has really been vilified for something she did? Jodi Arias? I mean Paula Deen got her own network after her shit, so…

Jodi Arias legit scares me. She was a cold blooded killer. There's quite a many women who get away with horrible crimes for being women. Makes me sick that innocent people don't get justice because their assailant is a woman.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know about you but the truth is an amazing tool. Breh, I'm starting to learn I'm an asshole though. Like a really fucked up person cause I gives no shits. You know what.....fuck that. Truth and not giving a fuckery run synonymous. If they can't accept you for you and whay you spitting then drop them. Ive been doing it since the break up in July and feels good. But every woman I've been involved with I have told them the same thing, "Fuck a relationship. You can kick it wit me and ill be good company. But I'm not gonna stop fucking other women. If you cool with that, then let's see what can and will happen. "

Now every woman on the roster knows about the others. The only thing they don't know are names. I call each woman by their own codenames. Some are jealous of others, some even went so far as to say they want to fuck each other. Some are fu king each other and I'm just a third wheel. But the point is honesty is truly the best policy. But you have to have that follow through aka that not gives a fuckery about yourself that runs synonymous.

My therapist said that if you're not being 100% honest, beyond just "this is who I am" but also the "this is what I WANT" respect, you're basically committing emotional fraud with others and at my age, I don't have time to waste making someone feel how I do, or getting the same goals that I have. When I was in my 20s sure I could fuck around and try to get someone to see things my way, but now, early 30s...we just gotta intersect. I'm not going to waste your time trying to get you to see how I feel and do the same.

Plenty of fish in the sea, but I am worn out. Maybe just take a month off and then hit it again.

jWILL253

Banned
You don't watch enough anime if you don't know what a best girl is.

Yeah, my anime game has been sloppy for awhile now. Just not enough time in the day to keep up with all of it.

I am planning on peeping Shirobako, though (I seen a gif in the NFL thread from that show that I liked. Speaking of which, I wonder which anime that one "abandon thread" gif is from). And I plan to get caught up in Space Dandy eventually...

Malyse

Jodi Arias legit scares me. She was a cold blooded killer. There's quite a many women who get away with horrible crimes for being women. Makes me sick that innocent people don't get justice because their assailant is a woman.

There's a tangent about males sexually abuse by females, but that's darker than I want to go.

What's the next part of the BCT cycle? Food? Anime? Pony jokes?
me making a dozen threads?

Malyse

I think Food is next, we just did anime early last month. We have to talk about how does BCT eat for Thanksgiving.

I'll start. Fuck pumpkin pie. It's more disappointing than thinking oatmeal raisin cookies are chocolate chip. Tastes like rotten sweet potatoes.

Has anyone:
A) fried a turkey?
B) baked a turkey with mayo on it?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Goddammit, I am so fucking TIRED of the dating world. I decided this run I would be totally earnest, 100% honest (not that anyone shouldn't be but as far as how I present myself) and all that shit and it is wearing me the fuck out. Goddamn I'm tired. But I know there's a hole in my heart someone else has to fill, that I can't fill on my own. I can't just focus on myself because there's a part that requires someone else. It's a pain in the ass.
Dating is supposed to be optional, casual, and fun. When it ceases to be these things, it might be time to take a break. I know I have scaled back a ton on it because I just don't have the same enthusiasm for it I had during the summer. The other reason to push pause is that people can tell when you are tired of it and struggling to keep in the game just for the sake of it.

I can really relate to the empty space feeling. But consider that maybe having a date, a girlfriend/boyfriend or significant other might not fill that void. Casual dating certainly hasn't done the trick for me, but it was a nice distraction and confidence booster coming out of a break up back in July. I'm personally taking a step back from dating and trying to focus on myself and my own goals. Socially my priority is centered around simply meeting new people and making friends.
I don't know about you but the truth is an amazing tool. Breh, I'm starting to learn I'm an asshole though. Like a really fucked up person cause I gives no shits. You know what.....fuck that. Truth and not giving a fuckery run synonymous. If they can't accept you for you and whay you spitting then drop them. Ive been doing it since the break up in July and feels good. But every woman I've been involved with I have told them the same thing, "Fuck a relationship. You can kick it wit me and ill be good company. But I'm not gonna stop fucking other women. If you cool with that, then let's see what can and will happen. "

Now every woman on the roster knows about the others. The only thing they don't know are names. I call each woman by their own codenames. Some are jealous of others, some even went so far as to say they want to fuck each other. Some are fu king each other and I'm just a third wheel. But the point is honesty is truly the best policy. But you have to have that follow through aka that not gives a fuckery about yourself that runs synonymous.
Damn Rev it's like we are twins right now. This has more or less been my same track these last few months.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I'll start. Fuck pumpkin pie. It's more disappointing than thinking oatmeal raisin cookies are chocolate chip. Tastes like rotten sweet potatoes.

Has anyone:
A) fried a turkey?
B) baked a turkey with mayo on it?

Ive fried a turkey. Its something you need to watch closely, but the results are so damn worth it. I need to brine and fry the next one i do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom