• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
lol, maybe YOU were wrong.
“‘BRING THAT ASS HERE BOY’ ADRIENNE BAILON…. You ole trout mouth a** b***h. U tried it. Won’t u the same b***h that was f***ing wit married men? U also was keeping up with the Kardashians! U can’t talk about relationship goals when u don’t even have life goals. Ain’t you a cheetah girl? Last time u was important [expletive] was riding spinners and wearing 6x talk Ts. You the same b***h having threesomes like the rest of these hoes. U tried it too Tamara Braxton. U take the role of the ugly sister. It’s always the people wit no career that talk all the shit. Dat plastic surgery f***ed yo face up. B***h look like she always saying ‘huh’? Muppet face ass! #basicb***hproblems #thotiannas I don’t even need a photo for Tamar, that b***h is beat in every photo! #icanmakeabrokeb***hrichbutidontf***witbrokeb***hes.”
well that certainly is something

She's a figure in mainstream white feminism known for doing/saying problematic things already. A fringe right-wing site brought up some disturbing passages she wrote about her younger sister, specifically exploring her younger sister's vagina when she (Lena) was 7 and her sister (Grace) was 1. However, from what I gathered on Twitter, it is not the only passage about her sister, and some of that disturbing stuff happened in her (Lena's) teenage years, such as masturbating while her sister was in the same bed. I didn't catch what age making out happened but saw that tossed around too. She outed her sister without her consent as well. A lot of focus is on the 7-year-old bit since that's where the right-wing site started, but Twitter blew up with a lot more.

Because it originated from that fringe site, Lena Dunham's trying to downplay the acts and say it was just a weird thing she did when she was 7, and it's old right-wing men attacking her.

Apparently she continued very similiar behavior until she was 17. Dafuq. It is one thing for people to defend her for being a silly 7 year old experimenting and not fully knowing right from wrong, but who dafuq can defend as she describes "acting as a sexual predator" until 17? This bitch is fucked up.

strobogo

Banned

YES

1394576597000-Cap-Marvel-cover.jpg

ant-man-feature2.jpg

black-panther-tchalla-9.jpg

Bruh, sounds you caught a break. Good job, my man...

I'm trying to stay reserved, J. Things can be quite deceiving.

My homeboy was just randomly here when I got to the crib..was congratulating my son on his heroics yesterday..shit, did I need that. I actually know the young man I spoke of yesterday through him..he's still in disbelief that it happened, and has apologized like it's his fault. He's a good brother..

You talk to a lawyer yet?

Yes. As I mentioned before, I called a lifelong friend who is an attorney, and has a wife who has been a teacher here in Miami for over 10 years. I went to the school, as advised, and spoke my mind. Said more than he wanted me to..He also understands. He loves Ebony as much as the rest of us, he just doesn't want me flying off the handle..I'm not the greatest with such things..at times.

I don't know how much more to thank you guys..I'll keep doing it, since I do..

ReiGun

Ma$e....damn....

And I still firmly believe that whoever does Chris Brown's PR has some kind drinking problem or other addiction brought by trying to cope with having to spin this dude's fuckery.

I don't get dudes literally yelling at chicks.
That's what I was thinking about this morning. Like, there's no way in hell that shit is successful to the point that dudes would be missing out on a crucial source of dating prospects if they couldn't do it anymore.

It has also become a discussion on race. There are no wins to be gained.
But the racial discussion isn't even happening in good faith. Yeah, the video was fucked up in that regard, but dudes only talking about race to deflect from the main issue it was talking about.

Have you met anyone who has gotten married meeting like taht?

"When he stopped his car next to me as I was on my way home from Safeway to yell 'Dayum girl you got a fat ol ass!' I knew right then we were meant to be together."

But the racial discussion isn't even happening in good faith. Yeah, the video was fucked up in that regard, but dudes only talking about race to deflect from the main issue it was talking about.

You're right, but it immediately becomes something that the defenders of the video have to address. It obfuscates the issue with another one that you can't really just cast aside.

WHHOOOO?

He's still around ?

You know, same old pimp?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had it with Peter Parker and his "aw, shucks" bullshit.

Cat

Apparently she continued very similiar behavior until she was 17. Dafuq. It is one thing for people to defend her for being a silly 7 year old experimenting and not fully knowing right from wrong, but who dafuq can defend as she describes "acting as a sexual predator" until 17? This bitch is fucked up.

Right, and that "predator" was her own words that she says people are twisting. Its not just that these things happened either - it's that she doesn't grasp what she did was wrong. I think this was a good response article.

ReiGun

You're right, but it immediately becomes something that the defenders of the video have to address. It obfuscates the issue with another one that you can't really just cast aside.
True.

I'd be more interested in the Dunham story if I didn't feel like I already knew the outcome. Which is basically nothing.

Village

That cheating thread in OT reminding me of something. I was listening to this pod cast a while back and this actor dude was like " would you throw away years of your relationship because the person you are with cheated on you"

I thought about it, yes. there are 7 billion people the planet, you can totally have a relationship , no matter how long its been going on, not work and find someone else. Like sure, there are some people who more lenient on that sort of thing, their relationships work later , maybe it grows stronger, maybe they start getting into open situations.

But if someone cheat on you, and you are ok with leaving that person, and you don't have like obligations like kids and stuff that make things complicated. You can just kind of go. People be like "you gonna throw away years of this relationship" ( i think the person who did the thing in the first place did that. Thats some weird victim blaming shit.

Weird thought

You know, same old pimp?

Is that the puff daddy?

Professor: There's this thing you can go to tomorrow at 11:00, I'll give you five points on your final grade.

Girl: But I have class then :V

Professor: You know what fine NO extra points for anybody, I tried to help ya'll but forget it lets look at last week's numbers

Me: ....

Trey

Professor: There's this thing you can go to tomorrow at 11:00, I'll give you five points on your final grade.

Professor: You know what fine NO extra points for anybody, I tried to help ya'll but forget it lets look at last week's numbers

Backdoor the class and cut a deal with the prof. You about yours.

Did you give her the "shut the fuck up. This is why your ass is failing life" stare?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Sounds like someone needs to drop the class or shut their mouth. I know there are some real "If I'm not gonna pass, no one is" people out there.

Right, and that "predator" was her own words that she says people are twisting. Its not just that these things happened either - it's that she doesn't grasp what she did was wrong. I think this was a good response article.

Some of those quotes and tweet sweet mother of! I feel a year from now this will be a non-story, she will be more popular, her books will sell more, and her show will get more viewers. Feel bad for her sister tho.:(

RedSwirl

After looking through that crossover thread, I need to ask a question: Are there any male anime protagonists most Americans generally don't think are garbage? Hard mode: teenage male protagonists who don't annoy American audiences. The only example I've been able to come up with is Yuske from Yu Yu Hakusho.

I understand the main reason for this -- their main target audience being Japanese high school boys. I've never met one so I couldn't tell you if people like Shinji or Eren or whoever might be an accurate representation.

In fact, are there any examples in anime of the "classical anti-hero" that even work that well? Again with teenagers being hard mode.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Yuske the goat. Mind drawing a blank on other mainstream anime's. Maybe vash and spike?

Village

After looking through that crossover thread, I need to ask a question: Are there any male anime protagonists most Americans generally don't think are garbage? Hard mode: teenage male protagonists who don't annoy American audiences. The only example I've been able to come up with is Yuske from Yu Yu Hakusho.

Plenty, don't take gaf as some type of majority on anything.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

I understand the main reason for this -- their main target audience being Japanese high school boys. I've never met one so I couldn't tell you if people like Shinji or Eren or whoever might be an accurate representation.

In fact, are there any examples in anime of the "classical anti-hero" that even work that well? Again with teenagers being hard mode.

I don't remember that I had any problem with Ichigo, honestly. He wasn't the greatest ever, but he was okay. Luffy's good too - he's a total moron but that's kind of part of his charm.

Moving away from teenagers, I also liked Rock from Black Lagoon and Spike from Bebop.

DominoKid

Most of them?

strobogo

Banned
I'm inclined to think if there is a topic that the majority of GAF agrees on, it is usually best to go opposite of that opinion. Especially over the last year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom