• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
Gone girl or John wick?

Both were dope. John Wick is That Motherfucker incarnate and it is nice to see an action movie that doesn't involve super powers, is actually violent and bloody, is easy to see, and is under 2 hours.

Gone Girl is two and a half hours long and feels it at times, but it an interesting movie no doubt. So many twists and swerves and swerves on top of twists that swerve back around into a triple twist.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Damn DreamDrop your threads get locked quicker than I can view em

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
You should enjoy your thread making privileges while you can. From the way you've been going I doubt you'll still have them in 2015.

Malyse

You should enjoy your thread making privileges while you can. From the way you've been going I doubt you'll still have them in 2015.

😒

That's a dumb way to be wrong. I don't get locked often and my topics tend to generate discussion. There's a difference between teasing me and making asinine statements about me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shit, I live in fear of being juniored. I'd like to think I make good threads. The Booty-Eating Renaissance should give me at least one Get Out Of Jail Free card.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Who does/has done the best with DLC?

Have you ever bought a game that you couldn't play?

Which fast food chain has the best food?

What's Michael Jackson's best song?

What's Kanye West's Best song?

What's the best fandom?

Who is the best Bond?

What genre was your very first game?

Who was your first celeb crush?

Do you double dip?

Shit, I live in fear of being juniored. I'd like to think I make good threads. The Booty-Eating Renaissance should give me at least one Get Out Of Jail Free card.

I think you picked the wrong card there...

Chance_go_to_jail.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You wouldn't eat ass? If done right, you can make people siiiiiing.

My first exposure to Iron Man was the cartoon on Fox, the one with the theme song that just says Iron Man over and over. The show as pretty bad, outside of Iron Man's different armors and getting introduced to War Machine. But it was enough to get me reading his comics. Although the show made me think Hawk Eye, Scarlet Witch, and Spider Woman were jokes for a long time until I read more comics.

I first got into Iron Man when I found out that there's a storyline where his suit starts acting like a clingy, stalker ex-boyfriend.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
😒

That's a dumb way to be wrong. I don't get locked often and my topics tend to generate discussion. There's a difference between teasing me and making asinine statements about me.
It's not a serious condemnation, people get junior'd all the time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's not a serious condemnation, people get junior'd all the time.

People wouldn't take me seriously anymore. Thankfully I didn't get Ishibear'd, that's gonna haunt her until the end of days.

Malyse

Who does/has done the best with DLC?

Have you ever bought a game that you couldn't play?

Which fast food chain has the best food?

What's Michael Jackson's best song?

What's Kanye West's Best song?

What's the best fandom?

Who is the best Bond?

What genre was your very first game?

Who was your first celeb crush?

Do you double dip?

114 replies
291 replies
95 replies
105 replies
183 replies
122 replies
185 replies
159 replies
371 replies
211 replies

andthebeatgoeson

It ain't that bad. I just consider it feed back.

Eh, only be and some lady in the movies. And she has her infant here. Watching John Wick.

Ithinkimadeamistake.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It ain't that bad. I just consider it feed back.

Eh, only be and some lady in the movies. And she has her infant here. Watching John Wick.

Ithinkimadeamistake.jpg

I got stories to tell, I got advice I need to get, I got problems! Without threadmaking capabilities I'm lost at sea. Shit, if I couldn't have shared my story about the Green Door who knows if I'd have ever found out what was going on in my old apartment complex.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
So Silent Hill 2 is very depressing. I just beat it and I can definitely say it's a masterpiece. Really explores something many can relate to and it plays very well. Holds up very well after all this time it's been around.

Onto SH3. *shivers*

People wouldn't take me seriously anymore. Thankfully I didn't get Ishibear'd, that's gonna haunt her until the end of days.

DAMMIT

I thought marvel should try and reintroduce the punisher in one of their netflix shows preferably Daredevil, the characters have few crossover stories to pick from

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So Silent Hill 2 is very depressing. I just beat it and I can definitely say it's a masterpiece. Really explores something many can relate to and it plays very well. Holds up very well after all this time it's been around.

Onto SH3. *shivers*

DAMMIT

SH2 is sad as fuck. Remember my first time clearly. And every time you post I click that lil B.

Malyse

Onto SH3. *shivers*

DAMMIT
Just bear with it.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
And when everyone hates me, they will all have at least one thing in common with me! Yay.
No one hates you DreamDrop, it's just a forum. I think some of your threads are interesting, but a lot of them are kinda dumb in my opinion. But even that isn't really the issue, for me the annoying part is when you post about them a lot. I think you mean well but less gameFAQs-esque threads and more creativity ones might help, especially since I know you are talented and creative from all your story and artwork posts in here. Also consider not giving a shit what I think, do what you want!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
nobody hates dreamdrop the end

let's not entertain any other notion. you're a valuable member to our community and I like you. even if I am white.

Malyse

No one hates you DreamDrop, it's just a forum. I think some of your threads are interesting, but a lot of them are kinda dumb in my opinion. But even that isn't really the issue, for me but the annoying part is when you post about them a lot. I think you mean well but less gameFAQs-esque threads and more creativity ones might help, especially since I know you are talented and creative from all your story and artwork posts in here.
nobody hates dreamdrop the end

let's not entertain any other notion. you're a valuable member to our community and I like you. even if I am white.

I hate me and I'm certain that there are quite a few more. And I've never pretended to not be vapid.

Let's talk about something else. I hate it when threads become about me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hate me and I'm certain that there are quite a few more. And I've never pretended to not be vapid.

sssh. we can make you love you.

on that topic, my therapist recommended the Six Pillars of Self-Esteem and it's really good. If you hate you, you might want to look into reading it. It's an important read, especially if you hate yourself.

Onto SH3. *shivers*

DAMMIT

So what you're saying is I should give in and finally play the Silent Hill games?

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
SH2 is sad as fuck. Remember my first time clearly. And every time you post I click that lil B.

Yep, a very powerful story with gameplay that reflects the point very well. It's very impressive game.

I'LL KICK YOU

Just bear with it.

I REFUSE

And when everyone hates me, they will all have at least one thing in common with me! Yay.

I don't hate you at all. But you do tend to make too many threads and I often question the necessity.

So what you're saying is I should give in and finally play the Silent Hill games?

Yes! :D I'm very pleased with this experience. The people who have been praising this game for years were absolutely correct. Very enjoyable and sad as fuck but still amazing.

Onto SH3. *shivers*

DAMMIT

Silent hill 2 is a top 5 game of all time for me for sure

Malyse

Let's talk about not me so I won't think about me and how much I want to not live. Please.

When you disciver something new, do you mainline it or just work it in with everything else? For example, I just discovered a few new podcasts and I'm one who will skip the current podcasts I listen to to catch up on the new thing. But TV I'll work in episodes around what I currently watch.
Some of them. Its a series that lost the thread after a while.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I've put off starting new series as far as podcasts and television shows go, because I simply don't feel like I have time to invest in them the way I like to. So instead I've been watching a lot of movies since those are more close-ended.

I've never played any of the Silent Hill games. Which one should I start with?

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
It has made it to my top 5 as well. There's few games that have impacted me emotionally and yet I still enjoy it. Alice: Madness Returns is one and Amnesia: The Dark Descent is the other, this is the third game. Samurai Warriors 4 is the other one and I have an open spot for the last. However, I suppose I have two open spaces because I only watched a friend play Amnesia.

Jack, you honestly could start with either SH1 or SH2. They aren't really connected, but SH1 is a must if you want to play SH3. SH1 was necessary for me. I needed to get a feel for the series and that helped me get a great start.

Malyse

I've put off starting new series as far as podcasts and television shows go, because I simply don't feel like I have time to invest in them the way I like to. So instead I've been watching a lot of movies since those are more close-ended.

The first three and then the Wii remake is my rec.

It has made it to my top 5 as well. There's few games that have impacted me emotionally and yet I still enjoy it. Alice: Madness Returns is one and Amnesia: The Dark Descent is the other, this is the third game. Samurai Warriors 4 is the other one and I have an open spot for the last.

Jack, you honestly could start with either SH1 or SH2. They aren't really connected, but SH1 is a must if you want to play SH3. SH1 was necessary for me. I needed to get a feel for the series and that helped me get a great start.

Play eternal darkness. That will likely be your fifth game.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

1 and 2 are dope, 2 a little moreso. The better fidelity and story goes a long way. SH1 is fucking mental and was a first of its kind sort of thing on consoles.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I've heard of Eternal Darkness. I'll add it to the list, but I think after I finish SH3, I'm getting The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

I do think SH1 was probably scarier than 2. There was so much that freaked me out in that game, I was stressed the fuck out every time the Otherworld moments came. Very unnerving game.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Amnesia was mindblowing for me as well. Thanks for the feedback. I see the first game is on PSN so I will definitely grab that; Are the HD remakes of 2 & 3 worth getting?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I see the first game is on PSN so I will definitely grab that; Are the HD remakes of 2 & 3 worth getting?

Honestly no, the HD collection is completely fucked. Some dorks made like a 3 hour video showing everything that was wrong with it, and there's a lot. Stick with the originals.

Malyse

Also, I suggest listening to The Truth podcast. As their tagline says, they are movies for your ears and there is rarely any continuity. I think they've done one of two multipart episodes, but you can hop in at any point.

Hmm. I just thought of a great thread that wouldn't work. Oh well.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Honestly no, the HD collection is completely fucked. Some dorks made like a 3 hour video showing everything that was wrong with it, and there's a lot. Stick with the originals.

I got the HD collection. I'm playing 2 and 3 on PS3 because the PS2 versions weren't available at the time. The only despair I get is the new VA's. They're great but they don't feel as real as the originals when I hear them. Are there really that many significant problems?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I got the HD collection. I'm playing 2 and 3 on PS3 because the PS2 versions weren't available at the time. The only despair I get is the new VA's. They're great but they don't feel as real as the originals when I hear them.

There's a lot of really weird little shit they got wrong, too. It's pretty bizarre. I definitely DON'T recommend watching that dorkfest of a video but it's stuff like "when stepping in a puddle, in this area, your feet make the sound of walking in grass" and weird shit like that.

Malyse

I've heard of Eternal Darkness. I'll add it to the list, but I think after I finish SH3, I'm getting The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

I do think SH1 was probably scarier than 2. There was so much that freaked me out in that game, I was stressed the fuck out every time the Otherworld moments came. Very unnerving game.
Eternal Darkness is one of the only games that fucks with you. I mean that it fucks with you as a player: your controller might have its sticks inverted, the volume on your TV might turn up, the screen might loss vertical sync. Literally fucks with you as a player.

Fake edit: I'll take that out. It's worth it to not know that might happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom