• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

Don't wanna draw that crowd, so not making the thread.

Republicans gain control of the US Senate; GOP maintains majority in US House - @AP, @NBCNews, @ABC

Trey

Don't wanna draw that crowd, so not making the thread.

Republicans gain control of the US Senate; GOP maintains majority in US House - @AP, @NBCNews, @ABC

All the lurking republicans on GAF throwing out drive-by frontrunning posts is adorable.

The GOP has truly conditioned a lot of its base to feel boxed in and vilified. A strong undercurrent of "us-against-them" mentality.

Malyse

All the lurking republicans on GAF throwing out drive-by frontrunning posts is adorable.

The GOP has truly conditioned a lot of its base to feel boxed in and vilified. A strong undercurrent of "us-against-them" mentality.
Why I didn't make the thread: a summary provided by Trey.

strobogo

Banned

Some straight Nixonion politics going on over the past 6 years.

G-Fex

You should feel bad for disrespecting RE: Revelations 2. How dare you not have faith in the queen Claire? Shame, Shame, Shame.

I quite honestly don't give a shit about Claire anymore. They just threw her in there cause they were out of ideas.

"Hurrr let's throw in ....Barry's daughter yeah!"

Gameplay looks fucking horrendous and bad.

I might play revelations again someday but not anytime soon.

RE just needs to die, it's a goddamn mess.

I quite honestly don't give a shit about Claire anymore. They just threw her in there cause they were out of ideas.

RE6 was legit stop yo foolishness....

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I don't like REvelations and RE mainline existing side by side. They're too similar.

I like Co-Op action RE but there's too many of them for me to keep up. I'm good until RE7

strobogo

Banned
Shit.......

I wouldn't worry about it. Republicans vote against their own bills just to make sure Obama can't have anything attached to him. They're not going to get any more shitty bills passed even as a majority. Too busy arguing with themselves and making sure nothing gets done.

Malyse

I wouldn't worry about it. Republicans vote against their own bills just to make sure Obama can't have anything attached to him. They're not going to get any more shitty bills passed even as a majority. Too busy arguing with themselves and making sure nothing gets done.
I think we are in for some very effective not getting stuff done.

Trey

Some real shit is gonna have to go down in the next two years for Hillary to not clown the 2016 general and the Dems to not pick up the senate at least. I think things are way too gerrymandered to do anything about the House until the next census.

They'll fuck up the ACA through budget riders, I imagine. At worst, if this oil slide has more to do with a slow in production than competing energy sources, they'll sit on their thumbs and do nothing to boost the economy.

Politics as usual for that gang.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

I thought you were legit after TEW, but now I question our friendship.

No but really it looks great to me, although it's worth mentioning we've only seen one location so far and apparently there's more of the game to be seen so, hey, we may be surprised later.

RE6 was legit stop yo foolishness....

Preach.

I don't like REvelations and RE mainline existing side by side. They're too similar.

I like Co-Op action RE but there's too many of them for me to keep up. I'm good until RE7

That's understandable. I just have to see Queen Claire again. It's been so long. <3

J10

Banned
Slayven, you're not winning any points constantly reducing Jessica Jones to the woman Luke Cage fucked in the ass that one time. She has, like, actual feats of heroism.

Young Magus

Well in that case things are not that bad....though it still is a pain watching and reading about how the government do do shit.

I think we are in for some very effective not getting stuff done.

Sadly.

Some real shit is gonna have to go down in the next two years for Hillary to not clown the 2016 general and the Dems to not pick up the senate at least. I think things are way too gerrymandered to do anything about the House until the next census.

Shit I wonder who from the GOP has a chance to run if Hillary runs.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Umm... black gaf, Black GAF I put hair growth formula on my face to fill out the patchy parts of my beard. It kinda burns. Am I going to wake up with minstrel show lips tomorrow ?

jWILL253

Banned
Incoming rant.

One day, I would love to be able to live in a country that doesn't feel threatened by my very existence. A country that values what I have to say. A country that doesn't ignore facts or the plights of its people just to make an ideological point. A country that doesn't value the face on a dollar bill more than it values the faces of the future children whose futures are at risk of being ruined by our own shortsightedness and selfishness.

I'm about at wits end with this country. I expect more voter suppression laws to pop up that'll render minority votes useless. I expect our local governments to keep ignoring Black and Brown deaths at the hands of cops because no one wants to be called a race baiter. The worse part about it is, no one else seems to give a fuck about where this country is headed... and maybe they were right. Ignorance is bliss... maybe if I also didn't give a fuck, I wouldn't be feeling as shitty as I do right now...

Trey

The good thing Will is that the GOP or any like minds cannot be so overtly racist in the current cultural climate. It would take some seriously ingenious and diabolical piece of legislation in order for minorities' voting power to be further suppressed. I think that most of these outdated laws will be rolled back over the next few years, and the establishment is just going to have to take it kicking and screaming.

Shit's gonna get ugly when this college debt bubble pops. Lawmakers better bust a move.

EA can's Dawngate after it spent 18 months in beta. <looks up video of game> how was this game that's dota2 and lol copy pasted into the same folder even last that long. Hell one of the maps i'm looking at the lane between 2 towers is soo dam short it doesn't make sense

G-Fex

I thought you were legit after TEW, but now I question our friendship.

No but really it looks great to me, although it's worth mentioning we've only seen one location so far and apparently there's more of the game to be seen so, hey, we may be surprised later.

Preach.

That's understandable. I just have to see Queen Claire again. It's been so long. <3

I don't know, it seems subpar but I'd have to play it actually. And yeah getting sick of seeing that one area, which looks really bland as hell.

Co-op sounds bad with unarmed foul mouthed girl.

I don't know, they held off on Claire for so long, it feels like a cop-out now.

Plus really? She wakes up a prisoner again?

RE:Rev was great but it was definitely a handheld game (which was part of the appeal, to me anyway, I loved the pick-up/put down nature of the game.) Which is why I feel that the sequel is either going to be "RE:Rev" in name only or suck for playing at home.
Why they didn't make a 3DS sequel despite it being the biggest selling platform I will never know.

FyreWulff

Incoming rant.

One day, I would love to be able to live in a country that doesn't feel threatened by my very existence. A country that values what I have to say. A country that doesn't ignore facts or the plights of its people just to make an ideological point. A country that doesn't value the face on a dollar bill more than it values the faces of the future children whose futures are at risk of being ruined by our own shortsightedness and selfishness.

I'm about at wits end with this country. I expect more voter suppression laws to pop up that'll render minority votes useless. I expect our local governments to keep ignoring Black and Brown deaths at the hands of cops because no one wants to be called a race baiter. The worse part about it is, no one else seems to give a fuck about where this country is headed... and maybe they were right. Ignorance is bliss... maybe if I also didn't give a fuck, I wouldn't be feeling as shitty as I do right now...

People keep going "but as long as it makes voting more secure that's good right" while ignoring that the ballot box has been a constant warfront from the old elite versus the people they never wanted voting in the first place

Village

I like RE:Rev.

But I really wish they would reboot the series.

No

It needs to get stupider

When its stops making more money than its ever made before, maybe that will be a legitimate suggestion.

" man this super popular successful thing that a lot of people enjoy should die, instead of me just finding a new piece of entertainment because it does not fall inline with my preferences anymore"

Neogaf motto

andthebeatgoeson

latex-pony.jpg

Damn shame what they did to that horse.

Story:
So a tree fell in our backyard on Saturday. Not one of those sissy trees. A 200 foot pine tree. We had bad winds in Atl on Saturday. The branches felt like they were a few hundred pounds each. The main trunk left an imprint in the grass about 1 foot. Landed in the backyard, debo'd the hell out of everything in its path.

I heard it: sounded similar to the tree falling in Avatar with the cracking. Fell on my kids play area (slide, swing set). Fell around 11am and luckily my kids were outside, on the other side of the house.

The top of the tree did a little work to my roof in a few places.

Just totally random. If the little kids where there, it would have been a bad year. Not really sure how else to feel. Lucky.

Some people look up at the stars to feel insignificant. I just have to imagine one of these big ass trees coming into my house or dropping onto play time to feel small.

VNEGvAM.jpg

Slayven

Slayven, you're not winning any points constantly reducing Jessica Jones to the woman Luke Cage fucked in the ass that one time. She has, like, actual feats of heroism.

First post back and that is the first thing your mind goes to? Dreams need to pray for you

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nature doesn't play. I had my car flattened by a tree once, there was no mercy.

Resident Evil talk:

REmake is still dabes, Zero was bad and good, Nemesis was a barrel of fun. Revelations is great, but not perfect. Rev2 is worth being excited for. RE2 is fun. Outbreak and File 2 are top tier games. RE4 is great, but dated. RE5 is great still. RE6 is a great, fun game.

Capcpom needs to release a free to play multiplayer Mercs mode much like ME3's multi. Drops, customization, card collecting, whatever. Especially built on RE6's engine, that shit would have made them some serious money. Add in characters from all the past REs as drops as well or buyable, and you print some goddamn money.

EDIT: WTF did they do to Jandro

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
RE talk?

REmake and RE4 are the best. RE 2 probably comes after those two. Then RE 3 is tied with Outbreak File 1. RE CvX is tied with Outbreak File 2(I love file 2...but it needed some balance for SP, imo). RE 5 and Zero inhabit the struggle tiers after those, and RE 6 gets frisbeed into the void. The only reason 5 doesn't chill with 6, was due to me being able to remember every layout of every level in mercs, and putting a bazillion hours into it, in college. Without that, it's chillin in the Outer Limits with 6. The handhelds might be below Cthulu in the depths...

edit: The light gun games aren't that great either. Dead Space crushed the RE recaps with Extraction.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
On the RE Games I Don't Talk About list:

Dead Aim

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Its alright. Game had a lot of design problems.

DMD mode was one of the most poorly designed difficulty modes I've played. Should've stopped at SoS.

Did you play revengeance mode in MGR?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you like watered down not Good versions of a game with a some how worse narrative.

Sure it was " dope"

Oh you're one of THOSE people. Yeah, sorry Uncle Dante wasn't in the game.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I don't even understand how DmC's story managed to be worse than generic anime and comic book story, number 12. lol. It was though.

Oh you're one of THOSE people. Yeah, sorry Uncle Dante wasn't in the game.

yeah, that's why people didn't like the game. Not all its trash boss fights or color coded enemies or slow walking sections or babby first platforming/grappling system or garbage DMD mode or story that amounted to nothing

it was because Dante didn't have white hair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom