• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

Measley

heliosRAzi said:
blooddiamond.gif

WTF? Dude looks like a monster.

eternaLightness said:
Sweet. So we now have 2 females that now post here? I think there's a third?
Sciplore (where is she? =()
Mrs Manky
ChocolateCupcakes
Londa
Satchwar's a sister too?

Devolution also posted here for a bit as well. She's white, but she did bring some meaningful discussion.

Satchwar said:

Alright. Just getting some understanding, haha.

Lebron said:
Nah, Storm was a pushover in the X-Men movies. I rather see Halle play that role than Angela.

That was the problem Storm should have never been a pushover.

Fox X-Men did not teach me that Storm was a wimp.

heliosRAzi said:
It should've been Sanaa Lathan

She would have been good to.

Measley said:
Never seen it.... Not sure I want to after seeing that.. >,>
Never seen it either but I know about it. Its one of those good but depressingly real movies. Like Hotel Rwanda.

Urban Scholar said:
My mind is a little blown right now. The avatar makes more sense now.
Lol, yeah. He's one of my favorite actors.

heliosRAzi said:
It should've been Sanaa Lathan

Consider you are trying to sell tickets.

Jackman was an unknown at the time, Stewart and McKellan brought the needed acting weight, they needed an action guy and attractive women for commercial appeal. Famke Jessen was the risk, Halle Berry is a safe bet.

Now, for First Class...

The MTV Spider-man's chick was black too.

The only cartoon I liked more during that time period was Batman: TAS. Both were fantastic.

Real talk. TAS is one of the finest animated series of all time.

I can't wait until they put the 90s X-Men cartoon on Netflix.

How about the whole series on a site instead?

Lebron said:
Oh that one, hah. Yeah, that one is the stuff. I didn't talk to you on the playground if you didn't watch it.

Ha. Now you might see why I wanted Angela Bassett.

Dreams-Visions said:
The only cartoon I liked more during that time period was Batman: TAS. Both were fantastic.

This very awesome as well. I was in my early teens when this came out and I think that helping in my appreciation for the show as opposed to my love for 80s cartoons due to being a child.

Boombloxer said:
Consider you are trying to sell tickets.

Jackman was an unknown at the time, Stewart and McKellan brought the needed acting weight, they needed an action guy and attractive women for commercial appeal. Famke Jessen was the risk, Halle Berry is a safe bet.
I was suggesting Sanaa as a better fit as opposed to her bringing in ticket sales. I can still dream though.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Lebron said:
One of the reasons why I can't stand the Fox X-Men films, not factoring in the newest one of course.

hmmm....
1305662563733.jpg

yeah, this is one of the few reasons i think im gonna pass on this one. captain america im full hyped for

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Lebron said:
He could be good :(

KG as Beast in X3 was like the only redeeming part of the film.

the detail of that costume is horrendous. and lets be fair, the reason hank was awesome in that movie was kelsey grammer. im not sure whats going on in this movie, but it looks like contractual obligations got certain characters in a lock, and they had to fill the gap with ones like angel salvadore...

Boombloxer said:
I know, just sayin. Now they could try it. Back then? No way.

I can also dream that they'll incorporate the version of Captain America's serum coming from the Tuskegee experiment.

Zero shot, but it would make things a little deeper with a black Nick Fury.

just a small reference would be nice. we would be one step closer to young avengers.

"Go into Japanese neighborhoods, you don’t see Negro stores. Go into China town, you don’t see Negro stores. Go into Jew town, you don’t see Negro stores. But come up here in black town and every kind of store is here but yours." - Malcolm X

Today is Malcolm X's birthday, BlackGAF.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
magnificent83 said:
So I have been meaning to ask, anyone watch African movies like from Nollywood, South Africa and other parts of Africa. Any opinions on them?
Nollywood: Very low artistic value as a whole when it comes to cinematography. I saw one Ugandan movie that easily crushed almost all the Nigerian movies I've seen so far (Black & Blue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-bZ7HiPcXk). Still enjoy Nigerien movies though.

DominoKid

SmokyDave said:
So who won? Looked like 2 losers to me. Never before have so many punches been thrown and so few connected.

WSHH is a cesspool.

one loser is considerably less knocked out though. and it aint ours lol.

sadaiyappan

Sadaiyappan said:
I went to an Indian student's birthday party at UofI and I was buzzing and I called a black guy who was on campus the N word. Then he came up to the party and we started talking about rappers.

I would have typed black student not black guy on campus but I wasn't completely with it when I wrote this post.

Kyle Barker is Kratos?

I wonder if Overton W. Jones is a famous voice actor too, then? :p

The only other black voice actor I know is the guy that does Samurai Jack...

captmcblack said:
Kyle Barker is Kratos?

=(

kharypayton-emilysreasonswhynot-1.jpg

Khary Payton.

He did Cyborg in Teen Titans, he's now Aqua Lad in Young Justice, and he also did Drebin in Metal Gear Solid 4. He also plays Terrell Jackson on General Hospital, my mother loves that show and the other soap operas.

Tiger uppercut said:
Spin, you back Brotha? I'm popping bottles mentally.
fistbump.gif

captmcblack said:
Kyle Barker is Kratos?

PhilLaMarr.jpg

Phil LaMarr

voice acting on the animated series Futurama, 'Wow Wow Wubbzy', Static Shock, Samurai Jack, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Transformers Animated, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, as well as the video games Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, the Jak and Daxter series of video games, Darksiders, Final Fantasy XII, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, inFAMOUS, and the Mercenaries series.

Kaizer

Banned
spindashing said:
=(

kharypayton-emilysreasonswhynot-1.jpg

Khary Payton.

He did Cyborg in Teen Titans, he's now Aqua Lad in Young Justice, and he also did Drebin in Metal Gear Solid 4. He also plays Terrell Jackson on General Hospital, my mother loves that show and the other soap operas.
This dude has an awesome voice. Everytime there's a black character in a game/cartoon I fully expect to hear his voice now.

Top Bottom