• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread

MWS Natural said:
Just stumbled upon this blog...despite my initial apprehension I kept reading and it's REALLY good.

http://www.blackpeopleworryaboutthedumbestshit.com/
:lol THis is what the boondocks blog should be like rather than just posting video from WolrdStarHipHop and Vlad Tv.
beyonce-hair-expanded-gallery.jpg

I discovered the inventor of the super soaker:
500x_lonnie-johnson-wide.jpg

Apparently he's maing a break through in solar-power energy.

I've contributed hundreds to Lonnie Jackson's royalty checks over the years. Super Soaker for LIFE (RIP CPS 2000 mk I....so young and yet so deadly)

MWS Natural said:
Just stumbled upon this blog...despite my initial apprehension I kept reading and it's REALLY good.

http://www.blackpeopleworryaboutthedumbestshit.com/

:lol :lol :lol
I am dying at work reading some of this shit.

Also, as for beating kids: I mean, you can't really fuck them up or anything (and most people's parents were decent and didn't exactly Dragon Punch their kids)...but I will spank them if they get out of line, just like my parents did for me.

Himuro said:
reverend.jpg

James (Rear center): “My daddy said he saw you at the titty bar last week…”

Rev. Smith: “Well, you see James, I have a personal relationship with God, and he says ‘it ain’t trickin’ if you got it.’”

James: “Nigga, that’s Lil Wayne”

Rev. Smith: “Oh”

:lol :lol :lol

I lost my shit reading this :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Classy Hoe (n.) – |klass-ee||hoh|: a loose, vapid female with a strong desire to be perceived and treated as a real woman in spite of her questionable activities.
:lol

Ephemeris

spindashing said:
I lost my shit reading this :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Classy Hoe (n.) – |klass-ee||hoh|: a loose, vapid female with a strong desire to be perceived and treated as a real woman in spite of her questionable activities.
4. Be sophisticated – Don’t let this one intimidate you. For a classy hoe, being sophisticated has absolutely nothing to do with being worldly or intelligent. Just load up on stilettos and you’ll be fine. Also, adding an apostrophe somewhere in your name wouldn’t hurt either (e.g. Ni’cole, Ca’rol, etc.).

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
We travel to 1782 and take a road trip across America in a golden carriage driven by Scarlett Johansson (see, we’re not racist).Then we wait on salty broke white dudes to come outside of their houses and try us. Needless to say, they get absolutely fucked up.Repeat this for about two hours and you have the gist of the movie. There’s also a scene where we c-walk through the middle of a lynch mob. That type of stuff is funny to us.

effingvic said:
guys guys guys

can anyone recommend me some new reggae/dancehall/soca tracks? i feel like nothing good has come out since 2005. the new sean paul last year was full of fail

also, is there a beatport equivalent for this as well? thatd make new music so much easier to find.
Brick & Lace - Love Is Wicked
T.O.K. - Everybody Clap
Gyptian - Hold Yuh
Sean Paul - Hold My Hand
Richie Spice - Youths Dem Cold
Nu-Vybes Band - Apple Bottom Gyal
Da Mastamind - Deputy Woman
Bunji Garlin - Brrrt

just because i thought it was hilarious that Beenie Man joined Gaza
Beenie Man - Gazi Mi Seh

and just posting this because it's a new classic!
Militant - Passion

i don't smoke, but i just seem to love tracks about smoking... and Kartel...
Vybz Kartel & Don Corleon - Floating By
Vybz Kartel, Bounty Killa, Baby G & Don Corleon - High Altitude
Vybz Kartel - Grades
Vybz Kartel - Smoke Trees & Fly

Dreams-Visions said:
Man, how are you gonna post Vybz and skip Rough Sex?

edit: oh, he said "new". lol.
i only posted weed songs for Kartel.

i still remember the first time i heard Rough Sex.. oh man!

... wait... HOW COULD I FORGET RAMPING SHOP!!!

i'll never forget the day we were downtown in Manhattan on Chambers Street waiting on the light, about to make the right to head to the Brooklyn Bridge and that song was on. and some jamaican dude pulls up next to us (J-flag hanging off the rear view mirror) and he is like "scuse me" ... so i thought he was gonna ask for directions... and he says "AH WAH SATTELITE SHE AH SPIN PON?"

and Virginity

that also reminds me... can't believe so many people like Ackee over Egg in Saltfish.

Gully or Gaza? (does anyone even care?)

Dreams-Visions said:
indeed. I was in awe.

is there really anything like good Reggae at a club?
in NYC, all the time.

Tokubetsu

The Faceless Master said:
that also reminds me... can't believe so many people like Ackee over Egg in Saltfish.

Gully or Gaza? (does anyone even care?)

in NYC, all the time.

I thought you were Jamaican man? How you gonna prefer Egg over Ackee for saltfish? C'MON SON!

Scribble

I know that if I did beat my children, it would be out of anger instead of discipline. No, I want to be 'The Look' kind of parent (I don't know if that requires an initial beating to set the stage though)

Dreams-Visions said:
beautiful island. only 50,000 residents, eh? and 100mi. is it a tourist destination?
the big thing used to be sugar export (hence the nickname Sugar City) until Sugar exports became a bust. in the past decade, it's become more of a tourist destination, there's a really nice Marriott there with a 'miniature' ship in the middle of the courtyard. there's also a pretty awesome golf course next to the Marriott.

xduo0x.jpg

11ajvnq.jpg

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Who are some rappers that you guys want to get more love?

For me it is E-40 and my guilty pleasure, Andre Nickatina/Dre Dog

The Faceless Master said:
i only posted weed songs for Kartel.

i still remember the first time i heard Rough Sex.. oh man!

... wait... HOW COULD I FORGET RAMPING SHOP!!!

i'll never forget the day we were downtown in Manhattan on Chambers Street waiting on the light, about to make the right to head to the Brooklyn Bridge and that song was on. and some jamaican dude pulls up next to us (J-flag hanging off the rear view mirror) and he is like "scuse me" ... so i thought he was gonna ask for directions... and he says "AH WAH SATTELITE SHE AH SPIN PON?"

and Virginity
:lol :lol

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
"See thats what I mean, you won't even fight for me"
fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Blackace said:

The shame is heavy... but Lupe.

Even though that just means that his bitchassness will prevail. I love to hear him rap, but goddamn he turned out to be a self-absorbed punk.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Blackace said:

the little brother/foreign exchange collective. So much talent. And add 9th wonder to the mix

DominoKid said:
already posted?

Black Dating In A Hip-Hop Society
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uehF-S5UB_g

oh have i been there...
haven't we all.

I think at least 3 ex's just ran through my head.

edit: and I just sent it to all 3 of them. :lol

Parallax said:
the little brother/foreign exchange collective. So much talent. And add 9th wonder to the mix
I hurt that Little Brother is no more and they went out with a whimper.

Lebron

DY_nasty said:
"See thats what I mean, you won't even fight for me"
fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Heard that line over the weekend when my friend's ex said that to him at a party. He's so watching this tomorrow in class.

Lebron said:

Heard that line over the weekend when my friend's ex said that to him at a party. He's so watching this tomorrow in class.
I think my ex 2 removed was genuinley crazy for that shit. it's like she had this fantasy of how I was supposed to act and react to every situation. and when I didn't, it meant something was wrong. like I was supposed to be psychic.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Dreams-Visions said:
I hurt that Little Brother is no more and they went out with a whimper.
Its really sad because the writings been on the wall for a while now. The moment 9th left, and nicolay came into the picture, they were on a downward spiral. Its the same way i feel about outkast. But the albums leading to the fall were pretty good, and they can both grow as better artists now.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Parallax said:
Its really sad because the writings been on the wall for a while now. The moment 9th left, and nicolay came into the picture, they were on a downward spiral. Its the same way i feel about outkast. But the albums leading to the fall were pretty good, and they can both grow as better artists now.

Outkast is a former shell of what was a great duo... I am a huge Big Boi fan, he stays much truer to his roots and Andre doesn't do anything for me these days... Which is crazy because for a moment he was considered one of the greatest...

Lebron

Dreams-Visions said:
I think my ex 2 removed was genuinley crazy for that shit. it's like she had this fantasy of how I was supposed to act and react to every situation. and when I didn't, it meant something was wrong. like I was supposed to be psychic.
I still remember one saying that I was too nice because I held the door open and shit for her. She then broke up with me, excused me of cheating or planning something when I took the breakup too well, called it off and said we were back together. Should have realized that bitch was crazy right then and there, but nope, I was young and inexperienced. I did, however, learn my lesson after she slashed me with some scissors, but that's another story.

Top Bottom