• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Car You Want, What You Really Have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dream vs Reality! Fight!

I Have:

2000 Ford Focus LX Sedan @ 82,000

imagens%5Cfocussedan2002.jpg

Want:

Ford Focus RS

ford_focus_rs_05.jpg

siege

Banned
I have:

1990 Mazda 626 LX @ 215k + (the Speedometer/Odometer has long since broken)

92807071990311LRG.jpg

I want:

2004 Mazda 3 (5-door)

2004%203%205door%20Blue%20front%20left.jpg

Maybe I'll just try and get on MTV's Pimp my Ride...

Ryck

I have a 2001 Honda civic coupe.........

I want ............I want to pay it off and pocket that extra three hundy a month !!!!!!!!

Tekky

Right now I've got a beat-up old Nissan Maxima (1989).

images

I'd like to get a Honda CRX HF (you know, the regular car that gets nearly 50 MPG).

images

I would then like to use it and run over some oil industry executives and their DC cohorts.

images

For some reason this board won't show images in an edited message.

lachesis

jettap_glx.jpg

I have 2003 Jetta GLX (VR6) - although mine is dark gray in color.
I am very satisfied with the car for now... so I don't really want anything else
unless it's Enzo Ferarri. ;)

lachesis

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I have:

1994 Mazda MX6

006902-E.jpg

I want:

Oh, lessee...

Lexus IS300

023332-E.jpg

Acura TL

024657-E.jpg

Lotus Elise

030114-E.jpg

Toyota MR2

010306-E.jpg

Mazda RX7

006891-E.jpg

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34

gtr_1.jpg

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Pretty f-in happy with my current car, but I'll hopefully have the WRX in addition to my Max before year's end:

2001 Nissan Maxima SE
Maxima2.JPG

PICT0001.jpg

2004/5 Subaru Impreza WRX
subaruimprezawrxback1.jpg

subaruimprezawrxfront1.jpg

calder

Have: 92 Camry
2508-1.JPG

Also in burgundy, for maximum blandiosity.

Want: Subaru WRX
1128_4mg.jpg

But in Badass Black, not Overdone Blue

Gek54

'96 Ford Exploder 185K
FR
145-160 hp
220-225 torque
4speed automatic
3,915 lbs
ford_exp_white.jpg

2005 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII MR
AWD
0-60 4.3 sec (Same as Ferrari 360 Modena)
1/4 mile 12.8 (Same as Ferrari 360 Modena)
Bigger Brembo Brakes w/ 4 piston caliper in both front and rear
ACD(Active Center Differential) + AYC (Active Yaw Control)
Skid Pad .98g
Aluminum Roof
3,086 lbs.
Lightweight Alloy BBS wheels
Six speed manual
lancer_mr.jpg

AlphaSnake

05 MR will be downgraded for the US market when it hits in November. I don't even think it'll be called MR here, too.

Scoobert

Don't worry about the MR, but it used the following year. You'll get it about $10k cheaper. Evo's have terrible resale value. That's even if they last the long, reliability sucks too. Or who knows maybe Mitsu won't even be around in a couple years, lol. Poor poor Mitsu. Still don't feel sorry for you. :p

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Have: 92 Jeep YJ (luv :D)

MVC-185F.jpg

Want:

Another Jeep, probably the Rescue if it ever goes into production. And yes, I'm well aware of the hypocrisy involved in selecting a SUV, but I love mah Jeeps. Oh how I love mah Jeeps.

rescue_lrg.jpg

:D :D

AlphaSnake

Gek54 said:
Ah, damn it.

Yeah, that's why I don't see the point of getting an STi or an Evo. I'm just settling for a WRX and plan to mod it a bit. A stock WRX STi is 4.9 seconds 0-60, and a stock WRX is 5.8 seconds. Some slight turbo adjustments, various performance mods and a new set of tires can probably give me the numbers of an STi.

Gek54

Scoobert said:
Don't worry about the MR, but it used the following year. You'll get it about $10k cheaper. Evo's have terrible resale value. That's even if they last the long, reliability sucks too. Or who knows maybe Mitsu won't even be around in a couple years, lol. Poor poor Mitsu. Still don't feel sorry for you. :p

Ugh, fine, WRX STi then. Happy?

Edit: Damn, just a regular WRX I guess.

AlphaSnake

Gek54 said:
Ugh, fine, WRX STi then. Happy?

Don't do it just yet. They're going to change the WRX next July. It'll be the end of this Impreza's generation run (2002-2005, four model years) and they'll very likely introduce an all new 2006.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
My Drive:

Vauxhall Cavalier - White - 1998
nyk11-1.jpg

My Dreamcar:

Noble m14
m14.jpg

m142.jpg

m144.jpg

Only a measly £64,000 ($117,000 US) - I'll take 2!

Freeburn.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
What I have:

schwinn_moab_sl.jpg

What I want:

67_3.JPG

Actually I'll be getting a car pretty soon, probably a used one for no more than 10g (maybe more, I dunno). Still have no idea what I want to get tho.

What I've got
tercel.jpg

1998 Toyota Tercel CE 5-Speed Manual (pic above is a '97, but the car looks the same)

What I want
s2000.jpg

2004 Honda S2000 (not sure if the pic is 2004 or not, but it looks the same)

golem

Alphasnake said:
Yeah, that's why I don't see the point of getting an STi or an Evo. I'm just settling for a WRX and plan to mod it a bit. A stock WRX STi is 4.9 seconds 0-60, and a stock WRX is 5.8 seconds. Some slight turbo adjustments, various performance mods and a new set of tires can probably give me the numbers of an STi.

yes but what happens when you tune a sti? :D besides with the sti you get to keep the warrenty

HAOHMARU

I have a 1992 Jeep Wrangler too, mine is green and rust color though ;)...don't they kick ass?

I'm want and am getting a 2004 Silver Dodge SRT-4.

Scoobert

Don't do it just yet. They're going to change the WRX next July. It'll be the end of this Impreza's generation run (2002-2005, four model years) and they'll very likely introduce an all new 2006.

We won't see a new Impreza until atleast 2007MY for the US. Either way, it will be in Japan for a year before it reaches our shores. Unfortunately it will probably have that Alfa Romeo upside logo type thing. :(

explodet

What I've got:
ttc.jpg

What I want:
vehicles_leviathan_b.gif

(Seriously I won't be needing a car for a while, any suggestions for an urban dweller?)

Scoobert

B11S is a couple years old now, seems like it anyway. The grille, the nose of the car is the direction Subaru is heading. I did hear a few months ago that they might change the look because of all the negative reaction to it, but I don't know if they will.

By the way,, the grill looks so close to the Alfa Romeo because it's the same designer. I really hope they don't go with the look, I'm crossing my fingers. But if they do, it will go on all their platforms. It would be a sad day indeed. :(

I HAVE:

1991 HONDA ACCORD with RUST PACKAGE

if I won the lottery today, I'd immediately go and buy:

2004 Buick Rainier (MSRP is $41K, i see them after GM loyalty rebates at 31K!)

and then I'd wait for 2005 model of Pontiac GTO, will be 400HP with slightly revised exterior..

and maybe I'd also get a sedan... Cadillac CTS or Saab 9-3.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
The Bookerman said:
That's a remodeled Murcielago... right?

Nope, designed and built from the ground up by Lee Noble and his team, the chassis uses some of the design features of his previous car the m12, although I'd admit that it looks murcielago-ish from the back.

There has been quite a revival in the UK for homespun handbuilt supercars, with Marcos's TSO and TVR's Tuscan competing with Noble's baby. (See more here)

Freeburn.

AlphaSnake

Scoobert said:
We won't see a new Impreza until atleast 2007MY for the US. Either way, it will be in Japan for a year before it reaches our shores. Unfortunately it will probably have that Alfa Romeo upside logo type thing. :(

I highly doubt that. General rule of thumb now-a-days is you keep a model running for 4 years on the same platform and then change it around.

AlphaSnake

Discharger said:
What I've got
tercel.jpg

1998 Toyota Tercel CE 5-Speed Manual (pic above is a '97, but the car looks the same)

What I want
s2000.jpg

2004 Honda S2000 (not sure if the pic is 2004 or not, but it looks the same)

That's a ~2001. The 2004 looks different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom