• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships 2012 at [WIMBLEDON]

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemenx

Banned
People are being unfair to Kerber, just because one doesn't have a bubbly energetic personality doesn't mean one is sulking and next to someone like Lisicki it gets magnified. I understand she will never have the crowd with her but jeez, people get stupid judgmental.

If Lisicki loves hitting the net so much she should marry it

edit: Kerber whines her way to victory! Looking forward to a Dinara Safina-style breakdown in the semis.

LuuKyK

nnl9M.gif

Azarenka/Paszek should be a good one. Azarenka is the safe bet, but Paszek is a totally different player on grass.

Oh wait, I see Azarenka getting on the court now...HOOOOO!!! HOOOO!!! It's the bird of prey swooping in for the kill!

edit: Radwanska/Kirilenko is back on, looks like they're going to trade breaks just like the other match ;x

Jay Sosa

Azarenka/Paszek should be a good one. Azarenka is the safe bet, but Paszek is a totally different player on grass.

Oh wait, I see Azarenka getting on the court now...HOOOOO!!! HOOOO!!! It's the bird of prey swooping in for the kill!

I dunno, Paszek could (should) easily get overpowered by Vika. Her second serve is a joke, and just like all Austrians she's a headcase.

And thanks ORF for showing the match live..you assholes. It's not like we get to see a girl in the QF every year.

modulaire

Yay Kerber!!!

I don't get why people like Lisicki. She's just too emotional for my taste - almost crazy. Smiling after every point, crying in so many matches.

She has some serious issues.

I just saw this new Carebear-image.

carebear2r1bsd.jpg

PaulLFC

I don't get why people like Lisicki. She's just too emotional for my taste - almost crazy. Smiling after every point, crying in so many matches.

Being happy when you win big points or matches and being disappointed/sad when you lose is crazy? I like that she's so happy to win, makes her even more likeable.

If anything Kerber was showing more emotion in that match, getting angry all the time when Lisicki was ahead.

MIMIC

Banned
Yay Kerber!!!

LOL, I said the same thing. My word of choice was "drunk" though =p

modulaire

Being happy when you win big points or matches and being disappointed/sad when you lose is crazy? I like that she's so happy to win, makes her even more likeable.

If anything Kerber was showing more emotion in that match, getting angry all the time when Lisicki was ahead.

She also smiles when she hits an UE. And not every player that is disappointed starts to cry.

AceOcelot

Are you guys watching this ESPN segment on excessive grunting? It's insane. I say let them do it. Part of their game. It's not hurting anyone... except, maybe the ears of the audience lol.

PaulLFC

Are you guys watching this ESPN segment on excessive grunting? It's insane. I say let them do it. Part of their game. It's not hurting anyone... except, maybe the ears of the audience lol.
I'd be very surprised if it doesn't put off some of their opponents at least a bit, and that has to be part of why they do it. People say the opponents should learn to deal with it, which, while it's allowed, they should do. But why should they *have* to, just so some can get away with grunting for no reason?

As I said earlier in the thread I'm sure all players make some noise if they're going for big shots, but for some, like Sharapova, it's just way, way over the top and not needed.

AceOcelot

Yep, it's not a natural reaction to putting power into a shot or whatever, it's deliberate and they should be made to stop doing it, but they won't be.
I agree. Thing is, it's hard to change since they've been doing it their whole lives.

I prefer to do the "puffer fish face" technique. If you don't know what I'm talking about look at Andy Roddick heh

szaromir

Banned

90-100dB that chief shriekers produce is ridiculous and deliberate and is painful for the audience and aimed to distract the opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom