• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships 2012 at [WIMBLEDON]

Status
Not open for further replies.

modulaire

I just read Wozniacki reduced her string tension from 27,5 to 21 kilos (60 to 46 pounds?) just before the tournament.

Big change.

NZer

I just read Wozniacki reduced her string tension from 27,5 to 21 kilos (60 to 46 pounds?) just before the tournament.

Big change.

The lower tensions have become pretty popular in the pro ranks in recent years (and is even trickling down to club level). I believe Federer and Nadal both string in the 40s.

Jay Sosa

Big change.

Will be interesting to see if she'll have problems keeping the ball in court.

The lower tensions have become pretty popular in the pro ranks in recent years (and is even trickling down to club level). I believe Federer and Nadal both string in the 40s.

Always depends what your looking for (control vs power), plus what weather you expect.

Son of a bitch! I was going to put money on Goffin, but forgot and I don't have anymore money on my account =_= Used it up on a few shitty sure bets. Fuck me the quote was still 2.45 before the third set, now it hit rock bottom. Obviously. Did people not know who he is or something? Shit man he gave Federer a hard fucking time. Hate it when I miss a good bet =(

Peru

Typical Schiavone, gets an opening against players who overpower her, sneaks back in to steal the match with fresh motivation.

Nyx

Kiki Bertens won her first Wimbledon game ever, from 22nd ranked Lucie Safarova. (6-3, 6-0)

With Aranxta Rus also through to the 2nd round, life's good.

Go Dutchies!

Hyphen

Ushojax said:
Good lord Schiavones grunting is insufferable.

Agreed - She does a 2-grunt noise/moan. And by the time she does the second one, the ball is virtually ready to be hit by her opponent. Surely grounds for a complaint for whoever she's playing? It would certainly put me off.

clemenx said:
I've always loved Sabine's legs but yoga pants add a multiplier
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=QR0zjX3nC7I

dem thighs.

Put me down as another fan of Lisicki's legs (made a point about looking forward to seeing them in my previous post)...

http://i.imgur.com/HMqcg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gRxw4.jpg

Totally agree on the Schiavone thing, it's ridiculous. "WAH EEEEEE!"

Going back to the Fish/Ramirez Hidalgo match, what was up with Hidalgo's shirt? He cut off the sleeve on his right arm...the rest of the shirt is a normal polo. Is he just showing off the guns (or gun singular)? What possible advantage could this give him over a completely sleeveless shirt?

There's such a gulf in class between the top three and the rest.

Bellucci blew it so bad. Rafa will probably go on to dominate in three now.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Schiavone always reminds me of Klonoa

Totally agree on the Schiavone thing, it's ridiculous. "WAH EEEEEE!"

Going back to the Fish/Ramirez Hidalgo match, what was up with Hidalgo's shirt? He cut off the sleeve on his right arm...the rest of the shirt is a normal polo. Is he just showing off the guns (or gun singular)? What possible advantage could this give him over a completely sleeveless shirt?
Intimidation baby, plus more shoulder freedom is always a good thing for strokes

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Knew haase was gonna put up a fight against delpo, guy can be very dangerous if he's feeling it

szaromir

Banned
Wimbledon organizers are even worse than FO's. Why build an expensive retractable roof when you have no intention of using it on those two occasions a year?

Saty

Yeah, why did they stop the play in center court? Do they have some silly rule of only continuing matches under the roof when it isn't X PM ore something?

AceOcelot

I'd be happy if either Fed or Murray wins it. Fed, because this is basically his last chance to win a major, and Murray, because I'd love to finally see a Brit win Wimbledon.

Also, it was nice to see Gulbis beat Berdych. Been rooting for the guy for like 2 years now, nice to see him win. (his win over fed in 2010 didn't count cause Roger was sick)

Wimbledon organizers are even worse than FO's. Why build an expensive retractable roof when you have no intention of using it on those two occasions a year?

It takes 30-40 minutes to close the roof and get the environment ready for play. If the rain is light, then they'll just use the normal covers and get back to playing a lot quicker once the rain stops.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/about_aeltc/201205091336573017483.html

Added: Although not written in the rules above, I believe once the roof is closed, it must remain closed until the end of the match, regardless of whether the weather is good or bad.

Still, at least the roof gives us a few moments (Lisicki scared by Thunder in 2011) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXd8jUhE5gY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom