• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships 2012 at [WIMBLEDON]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

BBC blog's just pointed something out to me: No matter who wins the men's event overall, now, it's going to mean *something* significant. We've got Federer's potential 7th Wimbledon title, matching Sampras; we've got Murray being the first Brit since the days of Boudica (approx.) to take the title, or we've got Tsonga being the first Frenchman since just after WW2 to take it.

Whoever wins, it'll be big.

szaromir

Banned
One thing good about ATP being so stale is that at that one time the order is disrupted (Nadal packing bags after R2, Federer upseting Nadal) it feels so awesome.

mclem

One problem I have with Tsonga: He does keep putting me in mind of Gary Wilmot. I find that terribly offputting.

BBC blog's just pointed something out to me: No matter who wins the men's event overall, now, it's going to mean *something* significant. We've got Federer's potential 7th Wimbledon title, matching Sampras; we've got Murray being the first Brit since the days of Boudica (approx.) to take the title, or we've got Tsonga being the first Frenchman since just after WW2 to take it.

Whoever wins, it'll be big.

You can make stories like that for every finals.

I'm a Murray fan but trying to put that aside, him winning could be really good if it gives him the belief to go on and get closer to Djokovic and Nadal, same with Tsonga although I'm not sure he is quite good enough, as in, less so than Murray. I guess it could totally signal the end for Federer if he doesn't win which would be sad...

Jensen

Not too bothered who wins here, if Murray wins it will be great to see someone from Britain in the final and Tsonga seems like a nice guy who had a great match with Fed last year.

MIMIC

Banned
Why don't you want Murray to win?

I hate almost everything about him. His game, his personality, his antics.....ugh. But the only thing he could do is keep Djokovic at #1 by winning. But that would mean that I would forever have to acknowledge that Murray won Wimbledon >_<

Bitter Noletard.

Why am I bitter? I already said that Fed played well and deserved to win. I still don't like him though...and never will.

mclem

You can make stories like that for every finals.

Sure, but Djokovich vs. Nadal round umpteen isn't quite the same as the first winner from a country for over seventy years or someone tying the record for wins at Wimbledon (in a year where people were starting to talk about retirement!).

Some stories are more storied than others :)

szaromir

Banned
I hate almost everything about him. His game, his personality, his antics.....ugh. But the only thing he could do is keep Djokovic at #1 by winning. But that would mean that I would forever have to acknowledge that Murray won Wimbledon >_<

Why am I bitter? I already said that Fed played well and deserved to win. I still don't like him though...and never will.

Wanting someone to win it more is OK. Wanting someone not to win something is bitter by default. If he wins Wimbledon, he will have earned it and he'll deserve it.

Ash_69

Ehh? Slice shots have never been a problem for Federer, nor pushers, lol. It's power tennis of Djokovic which is Fed's weak point, and he survived it.

I was being sarcastic.

Although on a serious note, Murray will win this match against Tsonga and win his first Grand Slam title with his consistent ground hitting and wall like defence. Probably wont be in three though.

Wanting someone to win it more is OK. Wanting someone not to win something is bitter by default. If he wins Wimbledon, he will have earned it and he'll deserve it.

I don't get this MIMIC guy, he supports Djoker but hates Murray even though they are basically the same player, Djoker with better aggression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom