• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships 2012 at [WIMBLEDON]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Sosa

Radwanska will become #1 if she beats in the final someone else than Azarenka, Azarenka will regain #1 if she reaches the final and wins it or meets someone else than Sharapova. #1 spot is up for grabs for 3 players in both ATP and WTA this Wimbledon.

Oh, didn't know that but again I just can't see her winning Wimbledon. Hope I'm wrong.

kharma45

Caught the end of the Sharapova match, I don't know how anyone can stand watching womens tennis now with all the grunting, ruins it for me.

Karlovic is such a shit player otherwise. I have it on the background and he is fucking awful. Serve, ace, serve, oh shit it came back to me, better do something.

Oh and there it is, double fault handing Murray the first set. Karlovic is such a shit player, all he can do is serve, he has no other aspect to his game.

Karlovic is such a shit player otherwise. I have it on the background and he is fucking awful. Serve, ace, serve, oh shit it came back to me, better do something.

Oh and there it is, double fault handing Murray the first set. Karlovic is such a shit player, all he can do is serve, he has no other aspect to his game.

Yea but he looks like one of the frost giants from "Thor." He's so big that his racket looks like a twig in his hands. I am thoroughly entertained!

Also looking forward to the servestravangza with Querrey/Raonic later on.

Caught the end of the Sharapova match, I don't know how anyone can stand watching womens tennis now with all the grunting, ruins it for me.

One of my friend's dad use to leave on women tennis matches just for the grunting. I think sometimes he enjoyed listening to the grunting more than watching the match.

Karlovic somehow breaks Murray and takes the second set. CAN HE DO IT? Can Karlovic annoy "Muzza" enough to where he starts cursing himself on-court? Will Karlovic make weapons from Murray's bones if he wins?

edit: or will Murray win the next two sets 6-0

Peru

Pironky-match went in a predictable topsy-turvy direction. DF!Maria showing up not necessary, tho.

Words can not describe how happy I am seeing Gilles Simon out of the tournament. Grade A dickshit.

Deadman

Its interesting that even though a large part of karlovic's game is to get to the tiebreak and try and win it there hes not actually that successful, 207 tie break wins, 212 tie break losses.

Compare to other people with similar career lengths; federer 316-166, roddick 296-179.

szaromir

Banned
Its interesting that even though a large part of karlovic's game is to get to the tiebreak and try and win it there hes not actually that successful, 207 tie break wins, 212 tie break losses.

Compare to other people with similar career lengths; federer 316-166, roddick 296-179.
He's won 9% return games in his career, one of the worst players ever in that regard.

if James Ward beats Mardy Fish (really not as hard a task as everyone makes it out to be), will the British media give him a nickname? Like "Wardo?" "Warzzo?" I don't know what the rules are for that.

one of these days a huge player like him will come along who is actually a decent tennis player. gonna steam roll competition so hard.

Isner is kind of like that, but he has so many health problems and endurance issues that he can't keep it together for any length of time. I think the problem with tall guys is they just can't last for five sets a day every two weeks. A large part of what makes Federer so great is his fitness - he NEVER gets tired.

one of these days a huge player like him will come along who is actually a decent tennis player. gonna steam roll competition so hard.

Agreed. Look at Bolt in sprinting, the reason he has dominated is that his physique is not suited, but he has made the effort. Karlovic could have dominated the sport if he worked hard in all parts of the game, but he is lazy, and he hits wild unforced errors very regularly. All he can do is serve.

Karlovic has a massive adrenaline rush right now, not sure what caused it, but he is playing more aggressively. Murray needs to psych him out and take a bathroom break or an injury break, cool Karlovic down again.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Man looking at Karlovic and some of the faults. It's like he doesn't even go under the ball's hitting position with his racket, real basic stuff but I imagine at that length it's not exactly easy. He doesn't bend his knees often at all

Karlovic has a massive adrenaline rush right now, not sure what caused it, but he is playing more aggressively. Murray needs to psych him out and take a bathroom break or an injury break, cool Karlovic down again.

That's more of a Nadal play. Although, he could pull out that hot "back injury" tech.

Karlovic is hilarious to watch because it's like seeing a 6 pool zerg player in Starcraft II. He's got ONE thing. That's it. If it works, it works great, but if it fails, it's embarassing. Or it's like a bad combo deck in Magic: The Gathering, if that's a better reference.

EDIT: Murray is still enjoying his hours and hours of video tennis, apparently: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...ig-hitting-croat-ivo-karlovic-86908-23901807/

Fish looks like he might lose. Struggling to win his service game every time now. Ward is not very good, but Fish is playing very poorly.

There's never gonna be as agile and nimble one as the shorter players.

doesn't have to. his size, serve and a top 20 game and he would be unstoppable. karlovics game is just utter garbage and yet he gets to the tiebreaker against almost every opponent.

it's gonna happen. i just know it.

Bigfoot

nadal looks just as wonky as he did in '10 and '11. nobody going to beat him till the finals though.
Nadal at Wimbledon just has to ride out the first few rounds until all the grass is gone on the baseline. It then in his own words "plays like clay" and his game picks up the second week.

szaromir

Banned
doesn't have to. his size, serve and a top 20 game and he would be unstoppable. karlovics game is just utter garbage and yet he gets to the tiebreaker against almost every opponent.

it's gonna happen. i just know it.

It would already happen if they didn't slow down majority of tournaments so much (to the detriment of women's game, sadly).

At 2m+ high, I don't think you can develop a 'top 20 level' ground game. Though if such player arises, I wonder if they'll slow the game down even more or will ITF/ATP wait until this guy's career is over.
Plenty of players are below Murray's 60%,check out on ATP's website.

MIMIC

Banned
Where is our resident GIF maker?

PLEEEEEAAASSSSSEEE make a GIF of Nadal slipping and falling! It was fucking hilarious (since he wasn't hurt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom