• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Criterion Collection in 2012/13: Why haven't they released *insert title here*?

codhand

Sorry for the double post. I sent an email to Criterion regarding this issue since they might want to know what Barnes and Noble told me, and are planning on telling anyone else who has their order cancelled in the coming days.

I dunno, the B2G1 was pretty much a crap shoot to begin with, was the order placed before 3am EDT?

Az987

all good things
Sorry for the double post. I sent an email to Criterion regarding this issue since they might want to know what Barnes and Noble told me, and are planning on telling anyone else who has their order cancelled in the coming days.

I'm interested in what Criterion sends back.

They're a pretty good customer friendly business. I got a broken case with a movie I bought once from Barnes and Noble and they sent me a replacement free of charge. I thought that was cool, didn't even ask me to pay shipping.

FnordChan

I dropped by my local B&N last night and came away with:

The 39 Steps (Blu-ray)
Anatomy of a Murder (Blu-ray)
World on a Wire (Blu-ray)
Eclipse Series 2: The Documentaries of Louis Malle

I'm particularly looking forward to wallowing in six hours worth of Phantom India, plus another hour and a half of Calcutta from the Malle documentary set.

Now, the question is whether or not I'll break down and head back for Up All Night With Robert Downey Sr. or Pearls of the Czech New Wave...or both. I'm trying to hold out for the next big sale, but it's only a matter of time.

FnordChan

Kellen

I was going to my local B&N to pick up some titles and to my dismay they completely removed their movie/music section. Anybody else have their store get rid of those departments/sections?

omgkitty

I think I may know why they are saying this. I got my order in the mail today, and the packing receipt looked awfully familiar. I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that Criterion and B&N use the same dispatching company. It would explain why B&N put the blame on Criterion, especially if all the stock was housed in the same place. Not sure why that's still Criterion's fault as B&N should be able to handle the stock quantity of their own fucking website!

omgkitty

So what are we looking at for today's announcements? Rosemary's Baby is a strong rumor. I'd love a new Melville release, but I think if we're getting something like Le Samourai, it will probably be in November.

I think I may know why they are saying this. I got my order in the mail today, and the packing receipt looked awfully familiar. I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that Criterion and B&N use the same dispatching company. It would explain why B&N put the blame on Criterion, especially if all the stock was housed in the same place. Not sure why that's still Criterion's fault as B&N should be able to handle the stock quantity of their own fucking website!

Luckily this turd move has dovetailed with me needing to buy less, but I think I'll buy my Criterions from the source. They have good deals anyway. Not worth the mild discount to support these turds.

Ridley327

So what are we looking at for today's announcements? Rosemary's Baby is a strong rumor. I'd love a new Melville release, but I think if we're getting something like Le Samourai, it will probably be in November.

It's been leaking here and there, but the definites so far are Rosemary's Baby, Sunday Bloody Sunday, The Forgiveness of Blood, and a Blu upgrade for In the Mood for Love.

omgkitty

I'm separating this from the others, because as far as I'm concerned, this is THE release of October!

147_BD_box_348x490.jpg

628_BD_box_348x490.jpg
629_BD_box_348x490.jpg
634_BD_box_348x490.jpg

Why are they releasing Forgiveness of Blood so soon? Heard it wasn't that good.

Going to definitely pick up Mood for Love. Never seen Bloody Sunday, should probably get around to that.

In The Mood For Love day 1. I'll own both the DVD and BD. One of my absolute favorite films.

I ordered Kieślowski's Three Colors trilogy and The Double Life of Véronique last week. So excited for those to arrive.

linsivvi

Unlike most people, In The Mood For Love is probably my least favorite WKW movie (My Blueberry Nights never existed), though I'll probably pick it up anyway.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
For the sale I just picked up Hollis Frampton (am I the only one excited about this?) and Down by Law which hopefully will arrive soon. I spent all extra cash on getting a Fantastic Fest badge and trying to save a bit for a NYC plane ticket. Next check I will probably get some non Criterion stuff that is in my Amazon basket like Baby of Macon and Inferno (Clouzot) so I should be ok for a while since I also have tons of unwatched films in my collection. I wish that blu of Belly of an Architect was R0 so I could watch it.

codhand

For the sale I just picked up Hollis Frampton (am I the only one excited about this?)

I picked it up day one, it is challenging even by experimental film standards, but I love shit like this. If you like Frampton, I highly reccomend the Stan Brakhage and this Jeff Keen, the latter is getting quite expensive, but is still worth it.

and Inferno (Clouzot)

I'm really curious about this, Flicker Alley is starting to release some seriously interesting BD's.

So far during the sale I have picked up Solaris, Night of the Hunter, In the Realm of Senses, and Repulsion.

I want to pick up two more flicks but I can't decide between Island of lost souls, La haine, Carlos, Tokyo Drifter, Blow Out, Kuroneko, The Phantom Carriage, and 3 Women

any suggestions on must haves from that list?

Sleepy

So far during the sale I have picked up Solaris, Night of the Hunter, In the Realm of Senses, and Repulsion.

I want to pick up two more flicks but I can't decide between Island of lost souls, La haine, Carlos, Tokyo Drifter, Blow Out, Kuroneko, The Phantom Carriage, and 3 Women

La Haine is incredible. The Phantom Carriage is great, as well (depending of course on your tolerance for silent films).

swoon

blow out/3 women

Top Bottom