• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Criterion Collection in 2012/13: Why haven't they released *insert title here*?

codhand

Hey I was buying Spiritualized, not John Mayer. Not that I'd be against getting some John Mayer on vinyl, Room for Squares was a–know what, criterion thread's not the place to get into my feelings on the retroactive hate people have applied to Mayer.

and what tipped me over was getting my first paycheck for grading, so I won't have to resort to the Maruchan diet.

don't think those paycheck's will ever get me enough to buy a third man blu though.

It's true, I could have chosen a better target for vinyl hate, but I don't think Beiber vinyl exists..at least I hope not. Not going to google it, nope.

Third Man Blu might actually be worth it, there's always begging friends and family for a gift. ;)

omgkitty

So I preordered The Game from Amazon and it just shipped this morning. Kind of strange seeing as Criterion's site says it's released on the 25th, but Amazon says the 18th. Guess I can't complain.

omgkitty

There's supposed to be an update from Criterion today, but still nothing. I really hope they didn't forget or mess something up. I think it would be the 3rd time this year the announcement would be postponed.

omgkitty

51_BD_box_348x490.jpg
638_BD_box_348x490.jpg

50674_o.gif

637_BD_box_34x490.jpg
639_BD_box_348x490.jpg

Ridley327

Brazil, at long last!

And they're bringing over all the features from the DVD, too!

Nolan being in the Collection is going to incite soooooo many fanboy debates.

big ander

are you all really that down on december? looks alright to me. I've only seen the first of the Qatsi trilogy but I liked it, Brazil will be excellent to finally own, and I think Following is a fun neo-noir mystery.

Following's there for the Nolan bucks, I'd imagine, though the Qatsi trilogy is what I'm really after. It and the Brazil set are looking great, especially given how good their covers are.

Ridley327

Following's there for the Nolan bucks, I'd imagine, though the Qatsi trilogy is what I'm really after. It and the Brazil set are looking great, especially given how good their covers are.

Following is hardly great, but it's obviously a very important film as far as his career is concerned. That it also features Nolan's first commentary on a film since Insomnia is cause for some celebration, I think.

lol, I never proclaimed its greatness. But I can see why the title would help Criterion gain some fans. Outside of that awaited commentary, though, the special features feel the tiniest bit spare. One of Nolan's shorts is included, though, so that's pretty cool.

Qatsi's coming with Anima Mundi, which is quite neat.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Outside of that awaited commentary, though, the special features feel the tiniest bit spare. One of Nolan's shorts is included, though, so that's pretty cool.

For what it's worth, there's nothing indicating the commentary is a new one; it's likely the same track that he recorded for the original DVD release back in the day. The short film has been on Youtube for ages, too.

Never heard of Purple Noon, but I love the Talented Mr. Ripley from '99, with Damon, Law, PSH. Very Hitchcockian, if that's a word.

why do I come into this thread and look at movies I shouldn't be buying because $$$.

although I'm probably buying in the mood for love next month. Maybe a good bday present. Hmm..

FnordChan

639_BD_box_348x490.jpg

Victory! I have been patiently waiting for Criterion to release the Qatsi trilogy for years now; Koyaanisqatsi in particular has been at the top of my Blu-ray want list. Also, along with Brazil, that's two of my personal top ten films getting Criterion Blu-ray releases in December. I...*sniff*...I may cry.

Cosmic Bus said:
swoon and FnordChan will be pleased

Holy shit, Kidnapped/Rabid Dogs on Blu? I am so there. I'll also be adding Baron Blood onto the pile of Bava Blu-rays I need to buy.

FnordChan, drowning in shiny discs

codhand

Brazil is da shit! Yes! Definitely was on my top five most wanted along with Rashomon.

Only seen Koyan from the trilogy, but I seen it lots :) probably get.

Purple Noon is great and blows any other Ripley adaptation out of the water.

Also, if you don't fall in love with either Alain Delon, Maurice Ronet or Marie Laforêt (or all three) you have no soul.

WTlT9.jpg

Seriously now. There are now words to describe how gorgeous Delon was at the time.

9C7UG.jpg

swoon

that's so awesome.

olive has has a bunch of great announcements as well

skidoo collection, letter from unknown woman, long day's journey into night, 3 sercets, that awesome noir box set, uptight, ramrod....

Purple Noon is great and blows any other Ripley adaptation out of the water.

wim wender's american friend will always be my favorite.

yMBF1l.jpg

swoon

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
that's so awesome.

olive has has a bunch of great announcements as well

skidoo collection, letter from unknown woman, long day's journey into night, 3 sercets, that awesome noir box set, uptight, ramrod....

Oh really. I must get my hands on that.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Criterion will be screening three previously unannounced films at All Tomorrow's Parties between tonight and tomorrow.

Mystery Train, Kiss Me Deadly, Hunger, Quadrophenia, Being John Malkovich, and Putney Swope are among the ones that were "premiered" as Janus/Criterion properties at earlier ATP events.

codhand

Criterion will be screening three previously unannounced films at All Tomorrow's Parties between tonight and tomorrow.

Mystery Train, Kiss Me Deadly, Hunger, Quadrophenia, Being John Malkovich, and Putney Swope are among the ones that were "premiered" as Janus/Criterion properties at earlier ATP events.

Sweet, too bad I missed them all :'(

Top Bottom