• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Criterion Collection in 2012/13: Why haven't they released *insert title here*?

swoon

I'm really trying to decide if I should buy this set or not. I don't need to spend the money and they really just don't look like my kind of films, but they are on sale. Decisions, decisions.

at least two of the films are on netflix streaming.

i think his later work is really really awful, but i've only seen canterbury tales from the collection and it's predictably bad.

i would at least watch one of them first

fake edit: if you like the packaging, just buy a book of basquiat prints or something.

swoon

certainly the first person i've seen who owns maîtresse.

it just got a blu-ray release - though it's region b only.

XShagrath

At one point, I had the entire collection. But then other responsibilities came up, and I had to start picking and choosing. Eventually, I'd like to get caught up, but who knows when that will happen.

omgkitty

i think his later work is really really awful, but i've only seen canterbury tales from the collection and it's predictably bad.

fake edit: if you like the packaging, just buy a book of basquiat prints or something.

:( I went to Barnes and Noble to pick up Weekend and I let my inhibitions take over me and I bought it. I didn't realize they were on Netflix. I guess I'll try watching one and taking it back if I have to as I really can't afford it at the moment.

:( I went to Barnes and Noble to pick up Weekend and I let my inhibitions take over me and I bought it. I didn't realize they were on Netflix. I guess I'll try watching one and taking it back if I have to as I really can't afford it at the moment.

OMG TODAY IS THE 13th...

omgkitty

tumblr_mdjqbcktuv1qa6obyo1_250.jpg
tumblr_mdjqbcktuv1qa6obyo2_250.jpg
tumblr_mdjqbcktuv1qa6obyo3_250.jpg
tumblr_mdjqbcktuv1qa6obyo4_250.jpg
tumblr_mdjqbcktuv1qa6obyo7_r1_250.jpg

On the Waterfront looks like the big seller for February. But I'll likely get Ballad of Narayama, Chronicle of a Summer, and the Sansho BD eventually. Sansho and OtW take top priority.

swoon

gosh. total spoiler for ballad of narayama in the cover.

chronicle of summer isn't awesome, but at least they are trying unlike the other releases.

Zia

Cool, if unexciting, announcements. The Rouch is interesting and I'm always glad to upgrade a film like Sansho.

Received my meager B&N haul today, also -- Rashomon and The Royal Tenenbaums on Blu-ray. Good day, Criterion.

swoon

it spoils a really cool visual moment i guess. most covers that depict a scene have the same issue. but i wasn't really serious.

big ander

OtW is certainly an obvious release, but that set of features is ample. I'm excited.

heh I wasn't advocating buying it based solely on the packaging, haven't even seen a pasolini film. Just noting that the packaging is pretty striking.

swoon

OtW is certainly an obvious release, but that set of features is ample. I'm excited.

heh I wasn't advocating buying it based solely on the packaging, haven't even seen a pasolini film. Just noting that the packaging is pretty striking.

re-used commentary bums me out, but i don't really care about kazan or the attempts to forgive his sins.

yea the packaging is really nice - i didn't think you were saying buy it for that reason.

omgkitty

If it makes you feel any better, I returned the Trilogy of Life. I started watching The Decameron on Netflix and while I didn't hate it, but I didn't see any reason to own it.

Eurocult

the b&n sale was extended to the 26th.

so when horror came to shochiku is included now.

Picked this up for $30 from the B&N sale. I'm watching Goke, Body Snatcher From Hell right now. Great set, highly recommended. I'm hoping for more cult films released on Eclipse. Even if not Blu-Ray quality, it's great to have this stuff out there.

Are we allowed to post coupons in here? There's a 30% off Barnes and Noble coupon out there than you can use on the already 50% off Criterions

Az987

all good things
Thanks for this. I'm considering buying Le Samourai, but with shipping and tax it comes back to being $15 again. That's just too much knowing it's probably getting a blu-ray release next year even though I love the film.

Yeah, I'd hold off. I'm still kicking myself for buying the Samurai Trilogy on DVD a year before the blu-ray. I thought, what are the chances of that getting released before everything else? Dammit

Top Bottom