• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Criterion Collection in 2012/13: Why haven't they released *insert title here*?

I don't know, I said it was cursory. I don't know who has the rights, it looks like Kino sells the DVD but that doesn't necessarily mean they can do a Blu-ray. There's people that are way more in to these legal things than I am though. I just remember looking it up and then having to lie in a fetal position for a bit because I was so discouraged.

ibn8T02ri3A04m.gif

Disappointed.

We already have a good Blimp this side of the Atlantic. And I was about to say I'd pick up Badlands for sure but it stabbed me. Bresson if extras are outstanding.

As for Tarkovsky I think we're stuck with the awful DVD set released by Artificial Eye (besides Solaris, the Sacrifice and Rublev I don't see much BR releases indeed...).

At least they're being consistent in making sure every Chaplin cover is disgusting.

Badlands is a shame as the idea is sound, the execution however..... :lol

On The Waterfront is a much bigger release than all of these, so much for the hype.

StuBurns

Banned
The Badlands cover is not only terrible because it's just horrible to look at, it also doesn't align with the other two Malick covers.

nCbJX.jpg

FwGzG.jpg

EDIT: Basically, I think something like this:
WgGyt.png

Great month. Badlands, Blimp, and Blob are all must buys for me. And wow at the Chaplin cover art. It must be an inside joke to have terrible cover art for Chaplin films. And I actually like the Badlands cover art!

Weird, though, how few the extras are in the March released. I hope this isn't a sign...

Ridley327

Birdie on blast in this thread

as he should be because that cover looks like it was made with Play-Doh

But it's not just a lazy rehash of gorgeous theatrical poster artwork! That means it's way better because someone in the year 2012 made an attempt at something different!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
And one more announcement:

91_BD_box_348x490.jpg

I'm still a bit surprised this didn't release in time for Halloween this year.

Ah, I thought they already announced that. I've known about it for a while.
The remake is getting a Blu-ray release sometime in 2013 from Twilight Time.

But it's not just a lazy rehash of gorgeous theatrical poster artwork! That means it's way better because someone in the year 2012 made an attempt at something different!

"Damnit, the original poster work already beat us to the punch of arty minimalism! Quick, make something up!"

Ridley327

Ah, I thought they already announced that. I've known about it for a while.
The remake is getting a Blu-ray release sometime in 2013 from Twilight Time.

I haven't been keeping up with Twilight Time for a bit, but what the fuck, they're getting films like As Good As It Gets and Steel Magnolias now? I guess the Fright Night coup really was a springboard to bigger things after all.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I haven't been keeping up with Twilight Time for a bit, but what the fuck, they're getting films like As Good As It Gets and Steel Magnolias now? I guess the Fright Night coup really was a springboard to bigger things after all.

Those two haven't even been selling well. Physical media is fucked.
But preorders for their March titles, Christine and The Fury, (lol, Christine is a Fury) are going to be a bloodbath.

swoon

also fritz lang's big night, one of the finest film noir movies ever made.

renoir's swamp water
quine's bell, book and candle

are some good recent blus from them as well.

TAJ

Why in the fuck is Big Heat $57.99 on amazon?

No idea. There are almost a thousand copies left.
Four titles have sold out, Fright Night (1985), Mysterious Island (1961) Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959) and Night of the Living Dead (1990).
The only ones that are remotely close to joining them are Bye Bye Birdie and The Egyptian.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Milk Of Sorrow is about a woman with a potato in her vagina. I've got Letter From an Unknown Woman on my wishlist, someone buy it for me.

TAJ

Warner is now distributing the Paramount catalog, so that oop Zodiac BR isn't likely to be unavailable for much longer.

Actually, WB's reissue has already been announced and will be in stores on New Year's Day. The MSRP is $14.99. Expect to see it for much cheaper.

My rents bought me In the Mood for Love criterion via Amazon for xmas, but the case chipped off a bit towards the bottom. I heard criterion sends replacement cases. Do I just e-mail their support, or do I have to go through Amazon? Thanks

Zia

My rents bought me In the Mood for Love criterion via Amazon for xmas, but the case chipped off a bit towards the bottom. I heard criterion sends replacement cases. Do I just e-mail their support, or do I have to go through Amazon? Thanks

If you don't want to deal with Amazon, email mulvaney@criterion.com and they might replace it, but I've only had them replace badly damaged liner art and digipaks.

Top Bottom