• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

Gameboy415

I've noticed a few new pre-orders pop up on Amazon that haven't been mentioned here yet:

Winnie the Pooh: A Very Merry Pooh Year
61pYeMQveeL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DGWZKBI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The Little Mermaid II and Ariel's Beginning 2-Movie Collection
512CKTamhOL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EV1YZPA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Any word on future exclusive season sets from the Disney Movie Club?
I'm hoping they release the final volumes for some of the other Disney TV Toons now that I've scooped up all the available sets.

On a related note, Amazon has a pretty great sale going on through 9/21 for all of the classic Disney cartoon seasons (DuckTales, Chip & Dale, Gargoyles, etc.):

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=amb_lin...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=1615663262&pf_rd_i=B000AXWGRC

This just showed up on Amazon.co.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EYZUEOY/

71q1iPlak8L._SL1327_.jpg

Monsters University
Brave
Cars 2
Toy Story 3
Up
Wall-E
Ratatouille
Cars
The Incredibles
Finding Nemo
Monsters Inc
Toy Story 2
A Bug's Life
Toy Story
Cars Toon: Mater's Tall Tales
Pixar Shorts Volume 1
Pixar Shorts Volume 2

For only £91.25, that averages as £5.36 per movie, but it lists 22 discs so it must have all the bonus discs as well.

Not too shabby! If I didn't already have almost all of those (and 3D ones where applicable) I'd seriously consider it. Seems like really good value.

Any chance that might be region free?

All Disney releases a have been region free so far, as far as I'm aware.

I imagine this will just be either all the current releases (cases and all) in a big box, or at the very least a simple re-packaging. I can't think of any reason they'd print up new discs just for this.

omgkitty

All Disney releases a have been region free so far, as far as I'm aware.

I imagine this will just be either all the current releases (cases and all) in a big box, or at the very least a simple re-packaging. I can't think of any reason they'd print up new discs just for this.

Nice. This is definitely much cheaper than buying every release separately. I have about half of the Pixar releases, and I still feel it'd be cheaper to buy this set than the ones I'm missing and then just sell my others.

Little Mermaid shipped.

PLEASE HAVE THE SHOT ORDER FIXED, please... :'(

Has anything been said about a fixed version? If not then you're SOL.

I'm gonna be forced to import the 3D version from America, but think I'm gonna wait a little while to see if there's any chance of a revised edition. I really hate that they've not released it here.

Does anyone have any idea how many BRD's I can order from Amazon.com that they'll actually ship to the UK? I seem to remember them having a limit, but can't find the details. I wanna order meet the Robinsons and Chicken Little in 3D for my GF as they were never released here either.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So the Disney Movie Club is a pretty good deal, then? Like, if I follow this post and enter the code and choose 7 movies, I only have to buy two more within two years to complete the commitment? How do I cancel? Can I do it on their website or do you have to call? Also, do the "Featured Title" mailings come via email or snail mail, and can I reject them online? I hate dealing with physical mail, for I am young and don't have the patience for such things.

Alsooo what are the featured titles like? Do they ever have Ghibli stuff or is it just mainly shitty live action things like G-Force and The Sorceror's Apprentice? (I don't know if either of those are Disney, but you get the gist)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So the Disney Movie Club is a pretty good deal, then? Like, if I follow this post and enter the code and choose 7 movies, I only have to buy two more within two years to complete the commitment? How do I cancel? Can I do it on their website or do you have to call? Also, do the "Featured Title" mailings come via email or snail mail, and can I reject them online? I hate dealing with physical mail, for I am young and don't have the patience for such things.

Alsooo what are the featured titles like? Do they ever have Ghibli stuff or is it just mainly shitty live action things like G-Force and The Sorceror's Apprentice? (I don't know if either of those are Disney, but you get the gist)

You can reject online but you do get the physical mailer.

I don't recall any Ghibli featured titles but generally it's whatever their new release is. So for Jan or Feb 2014 it'll almost certainly be Jungle Book. You can get some pretty good stuff if you let it ride.

Not sure about final cancellation

The bi annual BOGOF disney blu ray offer has started today and I'm a little annoyed as I'm wanting 11 of the films and only 6 of them are part of the offer.

What are peoples feelings on Pete's Dragon and Brother Bear? As I Will need to buy those separately at £10 each, quite pricey.

MicH

Does it look stupid? :(

I'm glad the rest of the movie looks gorgeous though.
I get the complaint and now that I watched it I do see why people aren't happy about it, but if I didn't know this was an error, I would never have noticed. Song is still as touching as ever

I get the complaint and now that I watched it I do see why people aren't happy about it, but if I didn't know this was an error, I would never have noticed. Song is still as touching as ever

Yeah. I'm just annoyed they changed it. It doesn't really alter the experience though.

kunonabi

i don't know i've been dying to get TLM on blu for years now but i'm considering dropping my pre-order. they take this long to get it out and they don't even do it right. the film deserves better.

johnsmith

remember me
Walmart is going to have the little mermaid 2 disc version for 19.96. So 12.96 with the coupon. Definitely the best deal if you don't care about 3D or digital copies.

Sushigod7

Walmart is going to have the little mermaid 2 disc version for 19.96. So 12.96 with the coupon. Definitely the best deal if you don't care about 3D or digital copies.

Yeah I've got the 3D on order just because I had a discount but that is $10 cheaper than I have it right now so might jump on that. Which coupon is out there for another $8 off?

johnsmith

remember me
It also comes with $8 movie cash for Frozen. A great deal overall. Not sure if all copies have that or if its a Walmart exclusive.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
You can reject online but you do get the physical mailer.

I don't recall any Ghibli featured titles but generally it's whatever their new release is. So for Jan or Feb 2014 it'll almost certainly be Jungle Book. You can get some pretty good stuff if you let it ride.

Not sure about final cancellation

Thanks for the help! :)

Cheerilee

i don't know i've been dying to get TLM on blu for years now but i'm considering dropping my pre-order. they take this long to get it out and they don't even do it right. the film deserves better.

Same here. The screwed up shot order is a dealbreaker for me, but I'm currently betting on a recall, which I know will be a pain in the ass for me. I'm hoping that this unacceptable problem will merely be a pain in the ass.

I've had my finger on the "cancel preorder" button a few times, and I won't be surprised if I pull the trigger.

Leeness

Thanks for letting me know, MicH :)

Same here. The screwed up shot order is a dealbreaker for me, but I'm currently betting on a recall, which I know will be a pain in the ass for me. I'm hoping that this unacceptable problem will merely be a pain in the ass.

I doubt they'll recall. Some people have been emailing them and the response was pretty much "oops, sorry, but too bad".

Why you do this to me Disney when I'd do anything for you? :'(

Sushigod7

Maybe this was the original intention of of the shot and they are restoring it. lol I can see why people are disappointed but it's a little dramatic just don't buy it I guess or hunt down the DVD and enjoy it that way. I think we will survive without the correction.

duckroll

Maybe this was the original intention of of the shot and they are restoring it. lol I can see why people are disappointed but it's a little dramatic just don't buy it I guess or hunt down the DVD and enjoy it that way. I think we will survive without the correction.

It's not the original intention, it's an error. There is actual animation detail synced with the singing which indicates it's an error. There's no way to argue around that. If you don't give a fuck about it, that's fine, but it is really offensive to go "well it doesn't bother me, too bad for you guys lol I don't think you should care so much". This restoration means a lot to many people, and for them to mess up on something when they were so close to having a definitive version of the film on home video is very, very disappointing. Don't insult the passion that others have by trying to bring everyone down to your level of apathy for art and low standards for releases. I think we will survive without you trying to speak for the rest of us.

Sushigod7

It's not the original intention, it's an error. There is actual animation detail synced with the singing which indicates it's an error. There's no way to argue around that. If you don't give a fuck about it, that's fine, but it is really offensive to go "well it doesn't bother me, too bad for you guys lol I don't think you should care so much". This restoration means a lot to many people, and for them to mess up on something when they were so close to having a definitive version of the film on home video is very, very disappointing. Don't insult the passion that others have by trying to bring everyone down to your level of apathy for art and low standards for releases. I think we will survive without you trying to speak for the rest of us.

I know it was a mistake I was joking hence the lol. I realize from the comments it's important I wasn't trying to belittle anyone's feelings sorry it came off that way I'll just be quite now. Sorry your not getting the version you hoped for hopefully Disney will fix it.

Cheerilee

I doubt they'll recall. Some people have been emailing them and the response was pretty much "oops, sorry, but too bad".

Why you do this to me Disney when I'd do anything for you? :'(

Not a full and proper recall. Basically, they quietly make a new version, the broken first-printings are absorbed into the public, and the later printings (to absolutely no fanfare) are made using the corrected versions.

Then, after even more complaints from the early adopters, they make some small news post somewhere indicating that the odd people who really want an exchange can contact them, and if you do, you'll be sent a self-addressed stamped envelope. You send your defective disc to them (on their dime), and they mail you one of the second-printings.

Basically, you have to care enough to bother, and you have to stay on top of the news for an indeterminate amount of time for something that may or may not ever happen. It costs the company next to nothing, since they whittle it down to only a tiny fraction of their sales, and it shuts up the vocal hardcore. I've seen much smaller companies than Disney go at least that far.

BTW, I pulled the trigger and cancelled my preorder.

Leeness

Not a full and proper recall. Basically, they quietly make a new version, the broken first-printings are absorbed into the public, and the later printings (to absolutely no fanfare) are made using the corrected versions.

Then, after even more complaints from the early adopters, they make some small news post somewhere indicating that the odd people who really want an exchange can contact them, and if you do, you'll be sent a self-addressed stamped envelope. You send your defective disc to them (on their dime), and they mail you one of the second-printings.

Basically, you have to care enough to bother, and you have to stay on top of the news for an indeterminate amount of time for something that may or may not ever happen. It costs the company next to nothing, since they whittle it down to only a tiny fraction of their sales, and it shuts up the vocal hardcore. I've seen much smaller companies than Disney go at least that far.

BTW, I pulled the trigger and cancelled my preorder.

Ooh, I see.

I'm still getting the one I ordered (the cover is so beautiful) and if this happens, I'll just end up buying it again. Haha. Get the cheaper blu ray and put it in my pretty case :D

THE THINGS I DO FOR YOU DISNEY.

Top Bottom