• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Disney Blu-ray Thread: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Vault

Leeness

Disney movie club, what are you doing...?

A random package showed up today with...Atlantis and Return to Neverland.

...Atlantis, I ordered and got months ago, and I never ordered Return to Neverland. Lol.

Oozer3993

Got my mailing materials to send in The Little Mermaid for a replacement a couple days ago. I would have sent it in already, but I can't stop watching it lol.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
When will they be re-vaulted?

I don't have the date and it hasn't been posted on any of the other disney sites I read, but Disney Movie Club has moved them to the "Disappearing Classics" section. You probably have until at least after Christmas

3MTppFf.png

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I don't have the date and it hasn't been posted on any of the other disney sites I read, but Disney Movie Club has moved them to the "Disappearing Classics" section. You probably have until at least after Christmas

3MTppFf.png

Welp, look like I have to buy Return to Neverland sooner than I thought. I already owned Peter Pan. Thanks, Stump.

Why did no-one tell me that they recently released "Cars" in 3D?

It's just 4 Pixar movies left now that haven't been re-released in 3D isn't it?

Ratatouille
Wall.E
The Incredibles
A Bug's Life

isny

napkin dispenser

You'd have to contact Disney and check with them. Presumably it would have a slightly different SKU, so the one you get from Amazon could be an old one even if Disney had re-issued corrected ones. You'd be better off buying it in a store if there is indeed some way to tell the difference.

Gameboy415

Amazon has several Disney/Pixar Blu-Ray combo-packs on sale for $16.99 right now!

Sale includes the following movies (there may be more):
Brave (2D)
Cinderella (2-disc version)
Finding Nemo (2D)
The Little Mermaid (2D, $15)
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Planes (2D)
Robin Hood
The Sword in the Stone
Tangled (2D)
Wreck-it-Ralph (2D)

I picked up Robin Hood, Sword in the Stone, & The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. :)

Called Disney to replace my Little Mermaid blu-ray discs for the correct scenes.

Lady on the phone suckered convinced me to buy Muppets Christmas Carol Blu-Ray as her office was doing a contest. xD

isny

napkin dispenser
Amazon has several Disney/Pixar Blu-Ray combo-packs on sale for $16.99 right now!

Sale includes the following movies (there may be more):
Brave (2D)
Cinderella (2-disc version)
Finding Nemo (2D)
The Little Mermaid (2D, $15)
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Planes (2D)
Robin Hood
The Sword in the Stone
Tangled (2D)
Wreck-it-Ralph (2D)

I picked up Robin Hood, Sword in the Stone, & The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. :)

Bunch more including Peter Pan.

Thanks, probably going to pick up a few =)

Bii

Was going to save my money for other items on Black Friday but couldn't resist some of those Blu-Ray prices. I got The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Finding Nemo and From Up On Poppy Hill. Thanks! :)

Two tickets worth $10 to Frozen and a Disney Blu Ray for $16.99 (or $25 shipped to Canada.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1001387701

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/frozentix

One will be e-mailed to you by Amazon, the other can be gotten once you enter in your DMR code on the DMR site.

Fantastic deal, picked up Cinderella. Essentially paying $5 for it! =D

Picked up Tangled and Brave today at Best Buy for $16.99 with the Frozen tickets.

Also pre-ordered Frozen 3D blu-ray + blu-ray + DVD + digital copy + music for $28 on Amazon.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
What movies did Disney released for last two months and Dec?

I forget that The Little Mermaid 2 Blu ray was released last week.

kunonabi

Bought the The Little Mermaid and plan on calling for a replacement when I get home in a week or so. I have to say the DNR really bugged me but I wasn't in the most ideal sitting position so I'm hoping it won't be so bad on a rewatch. I still love the hell out of that movie though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, I should have checked this thread... I had no idea that there was a problem with the Little Mermaid disc.

Then again, it's also so minor that I don't know if I want to bother switching it out.

overcast

Two tickets worth $10 to Frozen and a Disney Blu Ray for $16.99 (or $25 shipped to Canada.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1001387701

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/frozentix

One will be e-mailed to you by Amazon, the other can be gotten once you enter in your DMR code on the DMR site.

Fantastic deal, picked up Cinderella. Essentially paying $5 for it! =D
I've owned Tangled for 7 months and forgot if I registered it. Just did it and it worked. Awesome deal!

So, for those of you that sent your Little Mermaid discs back for the proper scene ones, did you have to fill out the little paper that came with it? I seem to recall the woman on then phone saying I could skip that, since they'll obviously know what it's for with two LM discs.

Studio Ghibli is welcome here right? I forget what thread it's usually in... But they're all $20 at amazon right now

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=1682055902&pf_rd_i=B007JNTOBC

I'm not sure if it's a reference link or not, I can't seem to delete the ref from the link without killing the link.

Movies include:

Castle in the Sky
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
The Secret World of Arrietty
Whisper of the Heart
My Neighbor Totoro
Howl's Moving Castle
Ponyo

They also have some other dvds of studio ghibli for $15.

isny

napkin dispenser
Will the UK import of Aladdin work on a US PS4?

The listing on Amazon.co.uk states it's region free, so it should.

Studio Ghibli is welcome here right? I forget what thread it's usually in... But they're all $20 at amazon right now

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=1682055902&pf_rd_i=B007JNTOBC

I'm not sure if it's a reference link or not, I can't seem to delete the ref from the link without killing the link.

Movies include:

Castle in the Sky
Whisper of the Heart
My Neighbor Totoro
Howl's Moving Castle
Ponyo

If you look literally four posts up you'll see I posted the same deal earlier this week when it started...lol

The listing on Amazon.co.uk states it's region free, so it should.

If you look literally four posts up you'll see I posted the same deal earlier this week when it started...lol

His link was dead though so I assumed they were two different events. Sorry for the repost then, I can delete it.

Movies include:

Castle in the Sky
Whisper of the Heart
My Neighbor Totoro
Howl's Moving Castle
Ponyo

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I was so pissed I missed the sale on Dec 1st and I've been waiting to buy Totoro until it was 1) on Blu-Ray and 2) not fuckin $30-40 so thank god they're still doing the sale and that you brought attention to it THANK YOUUU

Today I found a copy of Sleeping Beauty Platinum Edition (2x Blu, 1x DVD) for £15.

Kinda cheered me up after having to spend £630 on getting my car fixed.

johnsmith

remember me
The Disney Movie Club had Frozen preorders for $10 off ($24.95), and it does count as a commitment title. Decent way to take care of one of the 2 commitment titles you need to purchase.

Roge_NES

The Disney Movie Club had Frozen preorders for $10 off ($24.95), and it does count as a commitment title. Decent way to take care of one of the 2 commitment titles you need to purchase.

Looking forward to pre-ordering both Frozen and Thor 2 to finally complete my fulfillment.

Do the payment's go through at the moment of pre-ordering or when the movie ships?

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
I wanna re-enroll but it'll probably be forever until Frozen ships and gets marked as a commitment won't it? I'm afraid the enrollment titles I want will be gone by then.

johnsmith

remember me
*suddenly realizes that johnsmith frequents both this post AND FigureGAF* Let's be BFFs.
You got it!
bffs_til_da_end_pink.gif

Do the payment's go through at the moment of pre-ordering or when the movie ships?
When it ships

I wanna re-enroll but it'll probably be forever until Frozen ships and gets marked as a commitment won't it? I'm afraid the enrollment titles I want will be gone by then.

Why not just sign up now? You have 2 years to buy your commitment titles. The release date for Frozen will be late March/early April based on past release dates.

Top Bottom