• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Enco

I know how you feel. I tried to use him as bait, to gather every one of them in one room and when he laid down, I attacked her and killed everyone. Including him. Damn, that was bad. Now I'll reload and it looks like I don't have a choice.
The shocker was seeing
Banning
and other people I knew. I had purchased
a dog
from him a while back.

Christine

I know, but I just have a better item that I was hoping to replace the enchantment with. I also have an item with a 25% increase, but I already have the buff that only has %8.

You aren't getting it. The enchants you learn don't "remember" their original strength--they're just different effect types that you learn. Even if you had not already learned the enchantment, learning it from the 25% item would not improve the enchantments you create. The strength of enchantments you create is determined solely by your enchant skill and perks.

In other words, you have not missed any opportunities--the enchant you've learned is the best version you can possibly get.

I'm at level 48 or so and have only just realised the importance of enchanting, I really wish I had put points into it sooner 'cos now it's taking me days just to get a single level up.

I'm playing stealth/heavy armor/one blade

should I focus on magic or fight or stealth or can I still go this way on this mix of stealth and fighting? I'm level 12 btw.

Dreaver

Had a weird thing today(?), I went back to a dragon shout rune location (or whatever it is called...) and I got another shout from it, while I've been there I think (I think I got the 2 word version this time).
I was playing a stealthy archer and it's way more fun than my 2H "i'ma just fuck shit up" character.

I'm playing a stealthy archer as well. Loving it. Killing everything from a dark, far spot is really satisfying.

Anteater

Doing the imperial questline, this general asked me to accept this blade "as a gift and a symbol for your new rank", then he gave me a steel shield...

Doing the imperial questline, this general asked me to accept this blade "as a gift and a symbol for your new rank", then he gave me a steel shield...

I think Tullius is honoring that age-old Imperial tradition of doing Skooma when in command.

This is the first time Tullius reminds me of Caius Cosades, but now I can't unsee.

Luthos

I think Tullius is honoring that age-old Imperial tradition of doing Skooma when in command.

This is the first time Tullius reminds me of Caius Cosades, but now I can't unsee.

ehh I can't ever not think of Tullius as Colonel Tigh.

Also, hearing him in this game is making me want to re-watch BSG.

I'm playing stealth/heavy armor/one blade

should I focus on magic or fight or stealth or can I still go this way on this mix of stealth and fighting? I'm level 12 btw.

Why heavy armor? light armor is much better for stealth, and you can get your armor rating high enough to make the armor difference. You can mix it up if you want, but if you want to go heavy armor and melee forget about focusing on stealth and just bash skulls.

NBtoaster

I've been messing with the console again :3
fun facts about enemy levels:

Wolf - level 2
Ice Wolf - level 6
Spriggan - level 8
Bear - level 12
Cave Bear - level 16
Snow Bear - level 20
Sabre Cat - level 6
Snowy Saber Cat - level 11
Troll - level 14
Frost Troll - level 22
Mudcrab (large) - level 3

edit:

Mammoth - level 38
Giant - level 32

I've been messing with the console again :3
fun facts about enemy levels:

Wolf - level 2
Ice Wolf - level 6
Spriggan - level 8
Bear - level 12
Cave Bear - level 16
Snow Bear - level 20
Sabre Cat - level 6
Snowy Saber Cat - level 11
Troll - level 14
Frost Troll - level 22
Mudcrab (large) - level 3

Don't they scale?

Vyer

god damn it, all the sudden I've encountered bugs when I had none before. Got that stupid One Handed level bug where my skill number turned red and went down to 20. Now all the sudden the game thinks I am weighed down and I'm moving slow even though I'm under my carry limit. No spells or diseases or negative active effects or anything.

grrrrrr

brentech

I am fighting a dragon that is flying backwards the whole fight.

Supposed to be fixed in next week's patch.

Continued Game Updates – This week we released update 1.2 across all platforms, and we’ll be releasing an incremental update next week. We anticipate it will be up on PC first, and then hit PS3 and Xbox 360 later in the week. Among other things, the update will fix issues like magic resistance not calculating properly and the rare, amazing backwards flying dragon. Once the update is released, we’ll share the full release notes.

After the holidays, we’ll continue to release regular updates for the game — through full title updates, as well as incremental “gameplay updates” to fix whatever issues come up along with rebalancing portions of the game for difficulty or exploits. We plan on having a lot of these, not just a few. Overall, you should expect updates to be hitting the PC and Steam earlier and more often, as that’s a process we control. Console updates will follow, as they must be certified and processed by those manufacturers.

We all know this is a huge game, and everyone has a different experience. We’ll continue to do everything we can to make the game better and better for as many people as possible every day. We’ve also realized that with the millions upon millions of people playing Skyrim, we need to treat our updates with greater care. If we get too aggressive trying to fix a minor issue, we run a risk of breaking something larger in a game like this. To be safe, we are prioritizing code side fixes right now over data fixes. Quest and balance issues are usually data, and those will start rolling in a large way with the January updates.

http://www.bethblog.com/2011/12/01/skyrim-what-were-working-on/

nib95

Banned
I do overall love this game, but I cannot believe how unbelievably dull, simplistic and boring the actual sword play is. Is it really just a one button combat game? There's really no evade, roll, counter etc?

Going through a dungeon last night I almost fell asleep just hacking away at repetitive goons who offered little challenge and to whom I could do very little besides slash repeatedly with the sword. I mean, people complain about QTE's, but Skyrims sword combat almost is a giant one. The hit detection, reactive animations and general feedback is so poor it might as well just be a press A to do next hit type combat. Since its pretty hard to target specific areas of enemies with precision (not sure if that even makes a difference). Just becomes a messy hackathon.

Only thing that destroys an otherwise overall relatively successful game.

KorrZ

When they say "balance" updates, I hope they mean tuning enemies and encounters and not fucking over people who made nice enchanting/smithed gear. I'll play offline if I have to Bethesda >.>

Scapegoat

Doesnt the second sentence of this post contradict the first?
The level and stats of each species of enemy don't scale. You won't see a level 50 wolf.

However when you are higher level you may encounter more higher level enemies, so more giants than wolves than when you were at level 1.

Dizzy-4U

I am fighting a dragon that is flying backwards the whole fight.

Something wierd is happenning in my game too. They don't fly backwards but when they are at half the health they all seem to have a bad landing (like in the gameplay trailer). They crash into the ground and then get up to continue fighting.

It happened three times in a row already and I've never seen that in 80 hours of gameplay.

okenny

Banned
Here's what I did to get more souls than I could possibly use. Legit method, not an exploit.

Get a companion, give them a weapon with soul trap on it. Mace of Molag Bal works amazing here if you have it.

Give them a few soul gems to recharge the weapon, not sure if they actually use them but my companions weapons never needed recharging.

Give them a ton of empty soul gems, bought, found or stolen.

Now just go adventuring and raid a few dungeons, after a few hours of normal play I actually had to take the Mace away from my companion because they were getting more souls than my character could reasonably carry.

Also Dwemer ruins are filled with soul gems, all of the mobs down there are powered by them and they drop frequently.

thanks for the tip! I've expended the cache of over 300 soul gems I've gathered and its bought me from level 25 to 91 the thing is the last 70 gems were used to go from 85 to 91. This is clearly on an extreme logarithmic curve. Im not sure how to get to enchanting 100 right now... I've looked for trainers but haven't found one at master level yet. My next bet is to buy up 150 petty gems and go dungeon diving but just buying them will take hours. If anyone has better ideas that aren't exploits, I'd be really greatful.

ezekial45

Banned
You aren't getting it. The enchants you learn don't "remember" their original strength--they're just different effect types that you learn. Even if you had not already learned the enchantment, learning it from the 25% item would not improve the enchantments you create. The strength of enchantments you create is determined solely by your enchant skill and perks.

In other words, you have not missed any opportunities--the enchant you've learned is the best version you can possibly get.

O_O

Thanks.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Is it possible to cancel steam downloads? I want to play Skyrim again but I've heard people have had problems with the PC patch so I don't want to download it. It's paused at 50%.

Am I SOL?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
It's kind of sad that Oscura won't be able to put out a mod for this. I wonder who is going to step up and take away the leveling bullshit and re-add challenge post level 30.

The guards in Markath are bugged for me. They stop me everytime I pass one but if I back out of the conversation, they leave me alone. This occured after I did a certain quest in the city involving
the Forsworn. I kinda sided with them in order to escape prison and they went on a killing spree. I entered the Jarl's place during the combat and I think it messed everything up once I went back outside.

My follower once tried to kill me and my horse (my frosty as well) after a wolf attack. He fought us pretty good, but then went encountered some bear and he straightened himself out. He also didn't enter any dungeons with me for over an hour last night. I still dunno what that was about.

Just ran into my first glitch. Could have been game ending.

Near the start of Geirmund's Hall there is a pillar puzzle and they would not activate/move until I reloaded to a save 10 minutes back and out of the dungeon. What's worse is that in order to get into the cave I need to drop down where I cannot climb back out or fast travel out. Just stuck forever and 35 hours in, disk returned to Gamestop if not cracked in half first.

Wanted to mention that my 360 copy has basically become unplayable. I'm level 20, doing a late, late quest for the Thieves Guild in which
you hunt mercer in that Dwarf ruin
. The game has completely slowed to a lurch, when I kill enemies, in this zone, it regularly freezes for 3 - 4 seconds... while my controller goes nuts. Even just walking around is choppy. There's a segment that is completely unplayable right now and I can't get through it because the game chugs so much.

I'm at 40 hours. Installed, 360. Not sure what to do at this point, because I'm too far into this quest to go back. My roommate played this quest on his 360 like 2 hours ago and he said it was nothing like mine. I have a lot more saves (100+) and have collected a lot more loot and stuff than him.

Doesnt the second sentence of this post contradict the first?

No, he means, that generally, a skeever will still be a skeever when the player is level 5 or level 25. But, at level 25 you're more likely to run into like, "irradiated skeever" or whatever the Skyrim equivalent is. Or, Daugrs will more likely be "Restless Daugrs" or whatever the tougher ones are.

I walked out of the White Phial holding the
White Phial
and right as I walked out, I clicked on it as if to "equip" it and it added an extra
White Phial
to my "Miscellaneous" inventory (it had been used once). I kept pressing the button and I added over 100 of them. I can only use one at a time (only one will replenish), but I haven't tried selling the extras yet.

okenny

Banned
I'm at level 48 or so and have only just realised the importance of enchanting, I really wish I had put points into it sooner 'cos now it's taking me days just to get a single level up.

Feel your pain man. I've spent all my playtime today just trying to find ways to max my enchanting level. I'd love to stop at 80 but I need to get to the extra effects perk that requires you get to 100 but going from 80 to 100 is deceptively mundane. I'm convinced they did this to keep one from breaking the game because enchanting is extremely powerful. I'm not sure one can max out their enchanting level even in a single play-through unless they make a concerted effort as I've been doing. It won't come from normal play :(

okenny

Banned
as well as your enchanting skill level and what perks you have in the enchanting tree.

I've been racking up black soul gems filled with grand souls for my experiment if I can ever get to 100% enchantment.

I'm trying to create a Tank you see; a tank that will do really mean things to the world of Skyrim. I want to destroy my end-game with bad-assery o_O

Top Bottom