• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Well I cheesed smithing up to 70, now I can make glass stuff and soon dragon

Then I realized that I have nothing in enchanting

Is smithing even worth it without enchanting being levelled up?

I'm pretty set for lockpicking, sneaking, 1 handed and archery, not many perks left to get there and I've really only done side quests and thieves guild lol

Level 28

Drazgul

Is smithing even worth it without enchanting being levelled up?

It's worth it for the upgrade ability alone, since there's no other way to improve your stuff:

KrDlZ.png

0g6L3.png

Great synergy with enchanting (and alchemy), obviously.

J-Rzez

I have to say, the Dark Brotherhood and Thieve's Guild quest lines are far better than the main story quest line, and by a significant margin.

Grisby

Just had a dragon circle me for 10min. Couldn't get it to come down and eventually went on my way.

Anyone else have this?

bounchfx

I'm having a LOT of trouble doing theives guild stuff. what am I doing wrong? I did the first quest where you plant the ring on the guy outside, then he tells me to meet him in the randal flag or whatever, and I fight my way into there but he's NEVER inside. I saw him there ONCE and he was on his way out, quest marker over his head but he gave the same old dialog options. What the hell am I doing wrong?

same with the Dark brotherhood, I did the Aventus quest, now where's the rest? It's really frustrating.

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm having a LOT of trouble doing theives guild stuff. what am I doing wrong? I did the first quest where you plant the ring on the guy outside, then he tells me to meet him in the randal flag or whatever, and I fight my way into there but he's NEVER inside. I saw him there ONCE and he was on his way out, quest marker over his head but he gave the same old dialog options. What the hell am I doing wrong?

same with the Dark brotherhood, I did the Aventus quest, now where's the rest? It's really frustrating.

It sounds like a glitch.

I'm having the same damn thing with the Jarl of Riften. Bitch is supposed to make me a Thane but there's no dialogue option when it says I have to return to her.

Not sure about the Thieves thing, try waiting for a day?

As for DB, after you do the Aventus quest just keep doing what you do,
eventually you will get a courier and then you will have to sleep to be contacted by DB

AngryMoth

Got a question about the thieves guild.
I just got the skeleton key, and its awesome. Problem is Karliah seems to want me to get rid of it, so I'm scared to do the next quest. Do you get to keep it?

bounchfx

Not sure about the Thieves thing, try waiting for a day?

As for DB, after you do the Aventus quest just keep doing what you do,
eventually you will get a courier and then you will have to sleep to be contacted by DB

ugh damn. I've waited for like 5 days. I guess I'll go do other stuff. I made this character specifically to do those quests, dammit!

ElyrionX

Apart from using a ton of potions, how did most people here defeat Morokei?

I'm a level 21 assassin mage with about 60 points in my Destruction skill and he absolutely murdered me. One shot from him took my life down to 10 HP and dual-casted fireballs (with +25% fire damage perk) took only like 5 to 10% of his life when they hit directly. Having to spend magicka on healing myself drained my mana even more. I resorted to cheesing him by sneaking and dual fireballing him from the doorway and backing away until he lost his aggro and doing this repeatedly to kill him, which needless to say, wasn't very satisfying at all. But there was just no way I could have taken him on in single combat unless I chugged a shitload of potions. Am I doing something wrong?

Marco1

How big a difference does it make with who I choose to go with at the start?
Also which one of the two offer the better storyline?
Thanks.

Tom Penny

I'm trying to think of a better RPG I've played. This is in my top games I've I ever played overall. Just the scope, graphics and endless things to do. Incredible. Only thing I really don't like is the menu's on PC aren't that great to navigate.

How big a difference does it make with who I choose to go with at the start?
Also which one of the two offer the better storyline?
Thanks.

No real difference, aside from who you are told to meat up with at the first town. Nothing is set at stone at that point.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
They don't always engage you. I've seen a dragon soaring through the air, constantly circling a mountain in the distance. It saw me and didn't attack me.

Often times those are dragons that are guarding a word of power.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Has anyone ever had a dragon land and attack that just seemed to not only be invincible, but which you couldn't even seem to even hit? I was trying to shoot it point blank with arrows and bash it with a mace, but I never even heard the sound of an impact, and obviously I was dealing no damage. I eventually reloaded out of frustration.

Esch

Banned
Enchanting or smithing could really use a simple decoration mode for the appearance of your armor. Would be badass if i could change the color of my armor, add symbols or tattooes, etc.

Quick question, how do you improve enchanted weapons and armour?

There isn't an unlock option to upgrade them in the smithing tree perk, do you have to pay someone to upgrade the armour?

ElyrionX

Does Bethesda have a history of including gameplay balance updates in their patches? Any chance they will buff/nerf some of the skills in this game via their patches?

Esch

Banned
Whiterun is nice. Reminds me more of Edoras than any other city in the game.

Edoras.jpg

Whiterun.jpg

Quick question, how do you improve enchanted weapons and armour?

There isn't an unlock option to upgrade them in the smithing tree perk, do you have to pay someone to upgrade the armour?

Yes there is, it's only available at lvl 60 smithing though :[

Whiterun is by far my least favorite.
Basic architecture, nothing interesting there, and it's just so bland.

Between Solitude and Markath for me.
I don't enjoy Markarth. It's confusing, disorienting and reminds me of Dragon Age for some reason.

Solitude's pretty awesome, too.

Top Bottom