• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

Dunlop

Ironically, I was planning on borrowing my buddies PS3 copy, I caved purchased the 360 version and now his game is unplayable and he might borrow mine....

Are there any perks to help you seen objects or animals, doing the ranger hunter theme, I'll sneak and I know when something is nearby (due to hidden message...) but many times I cant figure out where the hell it is

balddemon

Banned
CHEEZMO™;32810343 said:
Any tips on how to defeat The Skinner?

thats where i am now, and i'm having lots of trouble with it lol. i don't wanna be a
in werewolf form while doing it,
but i have to

right now i have so little health that one arrow kills me. i might lower the difficulty

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
thats where i am now, and i'm having lots of trouble with it lol. i don't wanna be a
in werewolf form while doing it,
but i have to

right now i have so little health that one arrow kills me. i might lower the difficulty

I just hid off to the side an arrowed him to death, lol.

How does one
activate their werewolf form
anyway?

Khezu

I have a problem with activating the Regain the Rift quest line for the imperials. I go to the site and the quest icon is there but nothing happens.

I waited a day and then the nord imperial lady showed up and I talked to her and the quest initiated.

balddemon

Banned
CHEEZMO™;32810456 said:
I just hid off to the side an arrowed him to death, lol.

How does one
activate their werewolf form
anyway?

it's under your powers menu, and you equip it and press E or Z, can't remember. yeah i just let it run out so i can fireball him to death.

lmfao i just used wall of flames and let aela fight them and they stood in the fire. that is such a good spell. doesn't affect companions.

Dunlop

Doesn't everyone start with a heal spell? I'm actually askig because I am not sure, I just made a Nord and I had it from the get go

just equip it under restoratin magic and heal yourself to full

balddemon

Banned
Doesn't everyone start with a heal spell? I'm actually askig because I am not sure, I just made a Nord and I had it from the get go

just equip it under restoratin magic and heal yourself to full

yeah i was a
werewolf
though, and they don't regen health naturally.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Is there not more info on the quests I have in my log? Like "Visit the Shrine of Azura", ok, but why? I don't remember. It's difficult when you come back to the game to know why you'd do this or that.

anddo0

After 89 hours I finally decided to make the trip up the 7000 steps.. Boy I wish, I made it sooner.. I've been playing all this time without two key shouts. lol!

I think I'm going to stick to the main quest for a bit. After that I'll make another trip I've been putting off.. Riften.

Is there not more info on the quests I have in my log? Like "Visit the Shrine of Azura", ok, but why? I don't remember. It's difficult when you come back to the game to know why you'd do this or that.

Some details would be nice. I try to keep my quest log to a minimum. But it's tough with so many random occurrences.

Luthos

Yea it can be bothersome.

But I believe you get that because you talk to a random traveler who mentions he's going to the shrine.

Blizzard

Banned
What should I be doing to help in fights against high level spell users? Armor does nothing and lesser spellward shatters and stuns with each hit. I am pretty high level (46) and made the mistake of focusing on light armor then switching to heavy armor (dragon armor is hideous) and split my level upgrades relatively evenly between health, magicka and stamina. Now every spell user is casting a high level lightning spell that kills me in 2 or 3 hits and also seems to sap stamina. I don't want to have to cheese each fight by using stealth and manipulating AI routines - battles change when I can get in close (dual wielding) and strafe my target (assuming it is 1 on 1) but getting there is a major issue. Despite my levels and the 70hrs spent in the game, I have done none of the Mage college quests. Is there some spells to learn that will buff my magic defence considerably?

Also - it is a bit bizarre that some enemies are able to kill you in 2 or 3 arrows or sword hits when you have a 550 armor rating and they are using an ebony sword/bow (with orcish arrows). I have a legendary ebony sword crafted with the 50% buff and 2x damage single handed modifier, yet even though they are wearing studded armor and I am using power strikes it takes over a dozen hits to kill them...
Does anyone have an answer for the magic thing? I thought I heard that magic doesn't do more damage at higher levels, or do enemies work differently?

Khezu

There is a quest that starts there, but your character doesn't know that, you get the misc task to go there because someone mentions the shirne of azura is pretty awesome looking.

scy

Does anyone have an answer for the magic thing? I thought I heard that magic doesn't do more damage at higher levels, or do enemies work differently?

They don't do more damage beyond, presumably, difficulty modifiers. It's just that high-level mages are throwing around 150-ish damage spells and player HP isn't tremendously high.

Anyway, Magicka Resist Enchants (or just individual Elemental ones). Honestly, Mages don't really pose a problem to me so I don't know what to say on top of that :/

So for the Shrine of Azura
which one is the coolest quest line for giving the star back to? Does it even matter?

Giving it to
Azura gives you the normal Star of Azura that can house any non-Human Petty to Grand soul; giving it to the Mage in Winterhold gives you the Black Star which can only house Black Souls (i.e., humans) that are always Grand. Black Star is far better between the two personally

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Randomly ran into 3 Thalmor in the night, they absolutely destroyed me. I can beat two of them but the third one just ruins me with lightning attacks. I need to regroup and come back with more healing potions.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap

you overheard that the Shrine is a cool place and you know nothing about it yet.

I suggest you visit the place just to take a look. It's woth it.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Is there a shrine near Riverwood so I can cure my sickness?

joesmokey

Giving it to
Azura gives you the normal Star of Azura that can house any non-Human Petty to Grand soul; giving it to the Mage in Winterhold gives you the Black Star which can only house Black Souls (i.e., humans) that are always Grand. Black Star is far better between the two personally

Don't
bring it back to Azura, the Altmer whose name i forgot gives you something way better

Thanks! Had to test out multi-quote :).

-KRS-

Is there some place where you can just buy lockpicks? I mean bandits are weak and all, but it's still annoying to have to go out and kill a bunch of bandits when you run out of lockpicks.

And reading this thread a little... man there seems to be so much I've not even dabbled in. Like the gems and trapping souls in them. Or even magic!

Does eating people with
the Ring
have any negative effects on your character?

And I'm a noob so ... what are the perks of going to sleep? I want to be a
Werewolf
but I know you don't get any good out of going to sleep ... but I don't know what sleeping does other then fast forward you through time.

Rokam

And I'm a noob so ... what are the perks of going to sleep? I want to be a
Werewolf
but I know you don't get any good out of going to sleep ... but I don't know what sleeping does other then fast forward you through time.

I believe it gives you a boost to raising your skills faster.

Leucrota

Just got this last night through Redbox, put about 8 hrs in so far, and this is the best game I have played in 5 years, at least. Better than Morrowind as well.

The only problem I am having is killing dragons with archery. Christ, aiming is slow for this. My build is archery,conjuration, and a little dagger, but mostly archery and conjuration. I hope the dragons land at some point so I can kill some.

Killing everything else is so fun though with archery/conjuration and the spells look SOOO good. Combining two conjuration spells brings out some bad ass flame atronauch who just destroys.

God this game...

Sethos

Banned
Guys, looking for a cheap key somewhere from a legit place, something that works on EU accounts ( Assume it's a region free game? ) So perhaps an American site would work as well. Currently I'm looking at GMG at 40 quid.

They obviously need to be able to send out the key asap.

Alucrid

Banned
656-2-1321705229.jpg

So awesome! Is this a Daedric 2-hander?

Daedick 2 hander.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, what's the best way for getting a lot of gold quick? I want to spam my smithing at the moment so I can get my light dragon armour quickly.

Derrick01

Banned
Is there some place where you can just buy lockpicks? I mean bandits are weak and all, but it's still annoying to have to go out and kill a bunch of bandits when you run out of lockpicks.

And reading this thread a little... man there seems to be so much I've not even dabbled in. Like the gems and trapping souls in them. Or even magic!

Join the thieves guild. The fence there sells a bunch of them.

Forkball

Trying to spam smithing, I got from about 30 to 65, but now I'm out of gold. I guess it's time to steal a bunch of stuff in Riften.

mxgt

Banned
I have 45k gold and nothing to do with it except train 5 skills a level :|

Might just level professions I have no intention of using to get more levels

Gravijah

I have 45k gold and nothing to do with it except train 5 skills a level :|

Might just level professions I have no intention of using to get more levels

i'm at about 90k right now at level 28, trying to hit 100k before i use it to train i guess.

ShinNL

Magic resist helps a lot. Alteration has up to 3 perks for that, there's also a
quest for getting permanent more resist
and you can get resist on amu and rings. And there's a
sign that gives more resist

Just started the game and played few minutes before I goes to bed... Reached Riverwood and killed the chiken and now everyone hates me, how can I fix this I want to be loved and friendly again :p !?

Really how?

Top Bottom