• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

NBtoaster

I really like this area...all the color just blends together so well.

greetu9x.jpg

I also found a miniquest with a friendly hagraven here, lol

Mik2121

Arghhh... I meant white BEAR, lol! :p

BTW, I was so scared of all these mobs that I sneaked away from the bear and then climbed my way up through the mountain without following the path. I know there are still lots of mobs down there, so I will try to take them down on my way back to the village at the bottom.

Grassy

What the fuck! I put my Ghost sword in the weapon rack in Breezehome in Whiterun ages ago and it has just fucking disappeared.

:|

What the fuck! I put my Ghost sword in the weapon rack in Breezehome in Whiterun ages ago and it has just fucking disappeared.

:|

That happened to me, except I found that it hadn't disappeared, the sword had merely floated into the air and somehow got stuck to the ceiling.

Gorgon

So, yesterday I was roaming around to find another shout and I found
a headless horseman phantom. He starts galoping away and I run after the guy. After running like a madman for ages he takes me to the Something-something resting place. Then he dissapears. I tryied talking to him but he does not speak, which I guess makes sense sincs he doesn't have a head. Problem is, the place only has a few skeletons and I can't find anything else at all.
Did the guy just want me to clear the place and nothing else?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
a headless horseman phantom. He starts galoping away and I run after the guy. After running like a madman for ages he takes me to the Something-something resting place. Then he dissapears. I tryied talking to him but he does not speak, which I guess makes sense sincs he doesn't have a head. Problem is, the place only has a few skeletons and I can't find anything else at all.

Lol. I thought someone on Twitter was joking on the other day when they said they were loaded up with goodies and must not get distracted on their way to town. Then they saw what you saw but wrote it in caps. Man, I really thought they were joking.

Trasher

So I'm beginning to regret the difficulty I unknowingly chose. I don't even remember having an option to choose the difficulty...lol. Anyways, the normal difficulty is a bit too easy I think. I'm 60 hours in (level 38), and have rarely come across any dungeon or enemy that gave me any trouble. The frost dragons are the most difficult enemy I've had to face, and even they aren't all that bad now that I've fought a couple. I've killed dragons in 8 hits or fewer since the very first dragon I've encountered. And that's with forgetting to use my warrior berserking ability. In fact, I always forget to use that ability even though it's amazing. The one time I made good use of it was when I was climbing the 7000 steps and ran into that frost troll.

I guess the moral of this story is that 2 handed weapon wielding is just too good? :p

Zeliard

I don't think the game ever gives you a difficulty prompt. Gotta go into the options and change it manually. Don't remember the previous games prompting you either.

Trasher

I don't think the game ever gives you a difficulty prompt. Gotta go into the options and change it manually. Don't remember the previous games prompting you either.

Ah ok. I thought someone said it did. So what difficulty do most of you play on? It seemed like quite a handful of you were upping the difficulty if I recall.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I almost struck Kalk with lightning when he told me a house in Solitude was 25k. Fuck you, buddy.

I could understand if he was offering Blue Palace for this price.

also there an awesome quest in the left wing. I wonder why best writing and voice acting in the game is hidden like that.

jeemer

so is anyone here who's regularly posting over level 50? just wondering how bad the slowdown is when it kicks in, or if you can still do your best to speed level skills you don't yet have

also, do you get perks up to 81 or do they perks stop at 50, and only skill levelling continues?

im running a light armor/one handed dual wield/archery/sneak character and im currently at a crossroads.

almost have everything i want perk-wise from my main skills, but i've not done much crafting and i'm not sure whether to go with enchanting (since i've not done any smithing, and they seem to be most useful together) or go with alchemy instead..

so is anyone here who's regularly posting over level 50? just wondering how bad the slowdown is when it kicks in, or if you can still do your best to speed level skills you don't yet have
I'm level 54, and the slowdown hasn't seemed too dramatic, but I haven't tried to speed level any skills since I hit 50 and have been using trainers every level.

also, do you get perks up to 81 or do they perks stop at 50, and only skill levelling continues?
You continue to get perks until level 81.

jeemer

I'm level 54, and the slowdown hasn't seemed too dramatic, but I haven't tried to speed level any skills since I hit 50 and have been using trainers every level.

You continue to get perks until level 81.

thanks a bunch.. i think i might go the enchanting/smithing route in this case, if i'm going to have the extra perk points.

despite alchemy suiting my assassin character more, i rarely find myself using potions and find repeatedly applying poisons a bit of a chore.

j-wood

If you companion dies, is he/she dead permanently? Or do the come back to life later and spawn near you?

I need to know whether to loot the body or not

Dresden

Illusion came in pretty handy for some of the thieves guild quests. I think I'll stick with it, get it to 100 along with Archery.

eek5

So I'm beginning to regret the difficulty I unknowingly chose. I don't even remember having an option to choose the difficulty...lol. Anyways, the normal difficulty is a bit too easy I think. I'm 60 hours in (level 38), and have rarely come across any dungeon or enemy that gave me any trouble. The frost dragons are the most difficult enemy I've had to face, and even they aren't all that bad now that I've fought a couple. I've killed dragons in 8 hits or fewer since the very first dragon I've encountered. And that's with forgetting to use my warrior berserking ability. In fact, I always forget to use that ability even though it's amazing. The one time I made good use of it was when I was climbing the 7000 steps and ran into that frost troll.

I guess the moral of this story is that 2 handed weapon wielding is just too good? :p

You can change your difficulty anytime you want though, even in the middle of battle.

Trasher

thanks a bunch.. i think i might go the enchanting/smithing route in this case, if i'm going to have the extra perk points.

despite alchemy suiting my assassin character more, i rarely find myself using potions and find repeatedly applying poisons a bit of a chore.

I hate alchemy. I don't have the patience or the desire to figure out different potions, and it seems like it takes the longest to actually level. I'll make what seems to be a ton of potions, and I will barely gain any skill experience. Whenever I do make potions is when I happen to find an alchemy table. I always just make random potions with whatever ingredients are laying around, and I don't even pay attention to the ingredients I'm combining lol.

what difficulty are you playing at? just wondering if i should bother with alchemy or not.

Carcetti

Thanks to GAF my mage found a home in Markarth with those massive bookshelves. Now I'm wondering where to base the other 2. Is there a place with an anvil for my warrior blacksmith? I guess Riften would work for a thief, or are there any shadier plaeyr housing available?

man trying to start the companions guild but if I go inside the building they attack me randomly or one guy will chase me down trying to talk to me repeatedly.

Gorgon

OK, I read on the webs that
you just clear the resting place and have to wait for about 3 days and he appears again and gives you a quest.
Guess I'll try that out.

Trasher

^^^Yeah was wondering the same thing

I just accumulated a lot of soul gems over the span of my playtime, and I never sold any (they hardly weigh anything anyways). Then I eventually enchanted my weapon with a soul trap enchant. If you don't want to waste your weapon enchant on that, then get a secondary weapon to put it on. Then just start clearing dungeons. You will fill your gems up in no time. I now have a ton of different soul gems to use for enchants/recharging.

ShinNL

Spoiler far in the main quest storyline:

So I arranged this peace council and the quest update told me to take a seat. So I went to find the chair asap and sat there. Everyone was still standing and awkwardly stared at me like I was a weirdo. It's so funny, because the scripted event doesn't start until a grey beard enters himself, but the situation was hilarious xD

Arcipello

if you want to be a douche try going into the Companions guild house and using your relentless force shout on the banquet table hahaha

cackhyena

I'm only at Adept in the lockpicking skill tree. For some reason I only just now decided to even try for Expert locks just for hell of it. All it takes is some fine tweaking. Jeez, the loot I've passed up not knowing I could get in those chests.

Top Bottom