• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition |OT| Winter is Here

Flandy

>no 21:9
Cv0EXGqUMAAUC93.jpg:large

Thanks Bethesda

Eusis

People still care about trophies? People ever cared about trophies on steam!?
It annoying can stick into an kind of OCD part of the brain and make someone like me not want to bother in case I'd earn one.

Although for initial runs I kind of prefer to play vanilla anyway. Maybe if I beat it this time I'll be going wild with them.

kris.

Banned
getting pretty consistent 60 at 1080p on a gtx 970. some slight drops here and there but this it's smooth. and damn pretty.

Dolobill

getting pretty consistent 60 at 1080p on a gtx 970. some slight drops here and there but this it's smooth. and damn pretty.

Are you using Ultra settings? Running poorly outdoors for me on my 1070.

Edit: Not being able to change graphics settings in-game is bullshit.

Hmmm, no trace of mods anywhere to be found in the PS4 menus. I see some articles saying you have to link your Bethesda.net and PSN accounts, but there's no option for that in the menus either, or on Bethesda's website. I thought perhaps you'd have to play past the intro, but I'm at Whiterun and still no change.

Has anyone actually got mods working on PS4? I know a few got the game early.

Running this on a Phenom II X4 and a 7850, the launcher suggesting the Low preset does sting a bit, I guess the minimum specs really mean minimum specs

Pretty consistent? I was hoping solid 60fps. Doesn't bode well for my 970 then seeing as I want to mod it heavily down the road. Seems a weird thing to be pondering for Skyrim.

Storm360

I never played the original, I seem to be capped to 30fps, is there any launcher option that would cause this? I get 144 in menus

n0razi

Can't believe my 6700K/1070 is struggling with this game... by struggling I mean not maintaining 100+ fps

kris.

Banned
2 minutes into playing and i desperately want that non-intrusive HUD mod that hides when you're not in combat. i've gotten so used to not having a HUD most of the time while playing this.

Another question. Originally I did sword and board at release. Thinking of going mage of some kind...how is it...fun?

EDIT: can't believe I'm going to be playing skyrim again lol...here we go!

kanuuna

Do the shadow still work the way they did in the original game on PC? Quality is shit unless you pare the draw distance?

Vitacat

First impression...

Same crap launcher. No 21:9 support (it's almost 2017, c'mon now). Flawless Widescreen doesn't recognize the new executable so that won't work either.

Ugh.

Grimalkin

Has there been any word if loading times on consoles have been improved? I recall them being really long, especially when you have to go in and our of buildings and caves frequently.

Has there been any word if loading times on consoles have been improved? I recall them being really long, especially when you have to go in and our of buildings and caves frequently.

Yeah, they have. I was just watching a stream of the PS4 version and they're noticeably shorter than the 360 version at least.

rockx4

It definitely looks quite better than vanilla skyrim. Performance isn't that great though. 1080 @4k is getting me 50fps, drops into the 40s.

DOWN

Banned
Many people on GAF were claiming the game lost its original color palette and is more orange now, but that's bs

The game is more orange in the evening than before, but morning and daytime look close to the original colors

Tanis

Another question. Originally I did sword and board at release. Thinking of going mage of some kind...how is it...fun?

EDIT: can't believe I'm going to be playing skyrim again lol...here we go!

I did pure spellcaster in for my first playthrough it and it was fairly boring. There isn't much variety in robes and you end up using the same couple of spells all through the game.

I'm sure a hybrid mage would be much more fun.

kris.

Banned
oof, i'm in helgen keep and looking at some of these textures that didn't get a makeover up close is rooouugh.

Oh, ffs - judging by community manager responses on the official forum it seems like the PS4 version 1.02 update enabling the mod menu hasn't been put online yet. At least not in SCEE regions.

*edit, Bethesda's twitter says the patch will be live shortly.

Patrick S.

Banned
Moved the saves out of the savegame folder and copied the vanilla version saves over. When I launched the game, the Special Edition saves were restored, from the cloud I guess, and ingame I could select to load the savegames from a profile called Prisoner, which is the first autosave from before you rename your character, and from another profile which had the name I gave the character. The vanilla saves don't work :(

Chumley

Banned
People saying the textures aren't better don't remember vanilla skyrim. They're for sure better than even what the hi-res pack had.

Ryzaki009

I'm not even opening it up until SkyUI is ported. No way I'm using that trash default UI.

And it seems odd people on the 10XX series are getting poor performance but the 970 is fine. I'm on a 970 so it's no issue to me, but I'd be interested to see some more findings on that.

lmao I wouldn't have put it quite so harshly but yeah agreed.

I did the beginning til character creation (then I realized that there was not a chance in hell I was making a character without all my hair/face mods) with a 970 and there wasn't any issues. Probably something weird with 10xx series.

Top Bottom