• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE EVIL WITHIN is the real deal! (UK Demo impressions)

Lucent

Guys, the running animation could have been much worse.

I mean they could have left it like this (go to the 7:15 mark)

It looks like he was just running like that because of the debris and stuff. Like he was really gunning it but also trying to stay low. I dunno but I doubt that was ever going to be his running all the time. Unless he wanted to headbutt his enemies. lol

antitrop

Just finished RE4. Took me 18 hours on the game clock exactly. Hit Saddler with a single rocket, then Ada immediately throws the mega rocket to end it. Easiest fight ever.

Loved every moment more than the first time, easily moved from a Top 10 game to a Top 5 game with this replay, for me.

Bring on October.

-MD-

Just finished RE4. Took me 18 hours on the game clock exactly. Hit Saddler with a single rocket, then Ada immediately throws the mega rocket to end it. Easiest fight ever.

Loved every moment more than the first time, easily moved from a Top 10 game to a Top 5 game with this replay, for me.

Bring on October.

I've been playing recently, currently 6 hours in at chapter 4-1.

Looks no worse than Garcia Hotspur.

favorable animation comparisons to a Suda51 game...

pre-order cancelled

but seriously, the animations in this game have always looked pretty bad to me. I mean, if they were trying to go for a janky idiosyncratic Japanese game look uh mission accomplished

antitrop

I've been playing recently, currently 6 hours in at chapter 4-1.
The game is much funnier than I remember when I played it as a teenager.

I was laughing my ass off the entire time, especially towards the end. Some of Leon's lines towards Salazar and Saddler (and Ashley) are just absolute gold. Wouldn't change a thing about the writing, it fits the game perfectly.

Ashley's stupid "overtime" quip had me laughing well into the end credits, even though I've heard it all before before. Good shit.

-MD-

I'm sure this and that "HD" REmake will bring the janky idiosyncratic Japanese game back in style

REmake janky?

Maybe some modder will redo all the backgrounds for that REmake port.

A man can dream.

I mean that'd be cool I guess but I honestly don't even care, the stream footage last night looked incredible. I think I'm just as excited for the REmake port as I am for The Evil Within.

antitrop

I mean that'd be cool I guess but I honestly don't even care, the stream footage last night looked incredible. I think I'm just as excited for the REmake port as I am for The Evil Within.

Is there archived footage of the stream? I missed it.

JoeFenix

Someone needs to get a bunch of gifs of some true janky shit in here STAT!

iE0LtLjDckFGN.gif

Glad to see I'm not the only one replaying RE4.

I'm going to do professional mode with no armor, and I tried a new thing where I don't upgrade any weapons until I get my final guns.

That water room is so hard.

-MD-

and I tried a new thing where I don't upgrade any weapons until I get my final guns.

I did this too for the first time. I didn't upgrade any of my weapons until I got the TMP, Riot gun and Red9.

Was rolling with a stock pistol and shotgun for a few hours.

AsfaeksBR

It ain't janky, but it ain't right.
There's no way someone starts walking with the back that curved (he looks like The Hunchback of Notre Dame walking), and then he takes too many steps to stop walking.
And since people are bashing on Sebastian's animation, I had to show something as bad as

It ain't janky, but it ain't right.
There's no way someone starts walking with the back that curved (he looks like The Hunchback of Notre Dame walking), and then he takes too many steps to stop walking.
And since people are bashing on Sebastian's animation, I had to show something as bad as

All i see is momentum tbh. He just shifts his weight balance forward to start walking. Maybe it's a wee bit overdone to show that the character is fatigued but there's nothing wrong with it, imo at least.

Same goes for the 2nd .gif; there's momentum when he stops walking he doesn't magically freeze in place.

Just a interesting observation pointed out by a mod over at evilwithin.net. The amount of facebook likes for The Evil Within is sitting at 202,197. Versus Aliens Isolation sitting at 46,284. Not that this is any selling indication so to speak but still interesting never the less.

-MD-

Just a interesting observation pointed out by a mod over at evilwithin.net. The amount of facebook likes for The Evil Within is sitting at 202,197. Versus Aliens Isolation sitting at 46,284. Not that this is any selling indication so to speak but still interesting never the less.

Thanks for sharing, that's quite the difference.

antitrop

Hope that game is great, seems like no one is talking about it. It got a swirl of positive buzz when they first announced it and it seems like I haven't heard shit about it since.

Thanks for sharing, that's quite the difference.

Hope that game is great, seems like no one is talking about it. It got a swirl of positive buzz when they first announced it and it seems like I haven't heard shit about it since.

I think it might be a fair guess to assume TEW will do better then Alien Isolation at this point. I mean even look at how many views and posts this thread has versus any of the Alien threads. I want that game to do well, but not sure all that bodes well.

I did this too for the first time. I didn't upgrade any of my weapons until I got the TMP, Riot gun and Red9.

Was rolling with a stock pistol and shotgun for a few hours.

I was surprised at how difficult the game can get without upgrades, it was pretty refreshing.

killatopak

Gold Member
Hey guys where do you get your evil within avatars? I want one too.

--

Really excited for this game especially because Shinji Mikami is at the helm.

ironcreed

Banned

I'm excited for it, but have decided to wait. The Evil Within is more my speed anyway.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
2janky4me

Is GMG currently the cheapest option for a PC version?

Biker19

Banned
And so, the original gameplay & Survival Horror approach in Resident Evil 1-4 & Code: Veronica returns in the forms of both "The Last of Us" & "The Evil Within."

:)

Top Bottom