• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Any clues who the man in the iron mask is? What big bad does Flash have left after Zoom and Reverse Flash? Grodd?

I hope it's Hunter Zolomon's long lost twin brother who is in fact Jay Garrick, the real Flash of Earth-2.

Probably not at this point though.

Permanently A

Any clues who the man in the iron mask is? What big bad does Flash have left after Zoom and Reverse Flash? Grodd?

Man in the Iron Mask will probably be real Jay Garrick. The Grodd setup is there since he's on Earth-2 with his brothers, but I don't think CW has the money for it.

Xemnas89

Sitting here about to go to bed and something crossed my mind. When a speedster vibrates their body in order to phase through walls shouldn't they also fall through the floor?

Joni

Sitting here about to go to bed and something crossed my mind. When a speedster vibrates their body in order to phase through walls shouldn't they also fall through the floor?
Materials vibrate at different speeds. So a glass wall will have a different vibration frequency than the concrete ground. That is why a singer breaking a glass doesn't break the wall.

Skux

I'm caught up now.

Loved how they did the Speed Force in this episode. I'm glad they didn't try to explain it, because it's never going to make sense. Treating it like a psychological, supernatural and even religious entity lets viewers find their own meaning in it, and their own ways to make sense out of the totally weird, abstract stuff that was happening in this episode.

The tone was all over the place and I loved it. It was like everything great about the show packed right next to each other. One moment Barry is having a heartwrenching talk with his Speedforce mother and the next Joe is dropping mugs and getting funny looks from Iris and Wally.

Iris the MVP. She's such a great character when she actually gets to do shit.

ZeroX03

Banned
Captain Boomerang of course.

Mirror Master could actually be a solid baddie in all seriousness. He's broken if you think about it.

Yes, he is quite powerful, but do you really want mirror worlds on top of the multiverse? Very more of the same. I feel they'll keep that part of his power set out and stick to things like trick mirrors. Barry is stupid enough to fall for those, he doesn't need to be jumping in and out of reflective surfaces and creating infinite universes.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Yes, he is quite powerful, but do you really want mirror worlds on top of the multiverse? Very more of the same. I feel they'll keep that part of his power set out and stick to things like trick mirrors. Barry is stupid enough to fall for those, he doesn't need to be jumping in and out of reflective surfaces and creating infinite universes.

Don't need to go that far. Holograms and lasers would be annoying enough for Barry.

This is the guy who had the Speedforce tell him that time wasn't really passing in the Speedforce and Barry responded with "LET ME OUT! THERE'S NO TIME!!!"

Pendas

Banned

I think it's Earth 2 Barry's Dad, who is the real Jay Garrick, since it was confirmed last episode his mothers maiden name was Garrick.

Joni

Don't need to go that far. Holograms and lasers would be annoying enough for Barry.

This is the guy who had the Speedforce tell him that time wasn't really passing in the Speedforce and Barry responded with "LET ME OUT! THERE'S NO TIME!!!"

But it was clearly a lie, time was passing. There was time between Cisco coming in and Iris coming in. By all accounts, more time seemed to have passed outside than inside.

Superman will be in this Earth and his name is Tom Welling
2xlEKuB.gif

iosefe

Was anything confirmed though?

Assumptions can be made based purely on things already said in the show, specifically
Henry's mom's maiden name being Garrick.
. From that alone a guess, pure conjecture, but with evidence, can be made

Magwik

Banned
It's just a theory that the show is already leaning heavily on.
Yeah I was pushing for it last week regardless but I was also hoping Tabby would actually revisit the thread to fix his tags lol. The speculation isn't a big deal but someone was bound to get upset at it.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
But it was clearly a lie, time was passing. There was time between Cisco coming in and Iris coming in. By all accounts, more time seemed to have passed outside than inside.

They tried to get him out again exactly when he was allowed to leave? Speedforce jiggered the time to make things match up I bet.

Joni

If it was in the show, it isn't a spoiler in this topic. It is a spoiler if it is information coming from outside the show that is confirmed.

What if supergirl is in the finale
That would be amazing, but they first need to setup the masked guy in that same episode.

They tried to get him out again exactly when he was allowed to leave? Speedforce jiggered the time to make things match up I bet.
Also possible but he lost real life time in any case, unlike the Supergirl cross.

AetherZX

Yes, because the go-to method of speculating is to wrap spoiler tags around text, with nothing particularly indicating such.

Makes sense.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yes, because the go-to method of speculating is to wrap spoiler tags around text, with nothing particularly indicating such.

Makes sense.

It's been mentioned plenty of times that speculation doesn't need to be tagged, but people do it anyway. Sometimes folks will even tag discussion of an episode that just aired for seemingly no reason.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
They weren't exactly subtle about it. OH HEY, my mom's maiden name was Garrick! It isn't a 100% confirmation, but that isn't some cute little coincidence that will go nowhere. It was a clunky way of telling the viewer something they should look out for. I don't know what other payoff it could possibly have this season other than its connection to the man in the mask. There aren't any other unanswered questions.

Tabby

Was anything confirmed though?

Assumptions can be made based purely on things already said in the show, specifically
Henry's mom's maiden name being Garrick.
. From that alone a guess, pure conjecture, but with evidence, can be made

Nah nothing ever confirmed so far.

Joni

They weren't exactly subtle about it. OH HEY, my mom's maiden name was Garrick! It isn't a 100% confirmation, but that isn't some cute little coincidence that will go nowhere. It was a clunky way of telling the viewer something they should look out for. I don't know what other payoff it could possibly have this season other than its connection to the man in the mask. There aren't any other unanswered questions.

Should have reordened it around. Suppose Henry actually gets to meet Jay at the beginning or Barry tells it to him 10 episodes earlier, he can laugh it off as maybe they are related because his mom is also called Garrick. As long as we believe Jay is Jay, it is a funny addition. And then they can drop the bomb on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom