• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

DBT85

The Fuel usage used in transporting the teams and equipment, not to mention the transportation of the fans to the venue itself dwarfs any amount of running the teams could possibly do. The biggest environmental impact of Formula 1 is the transportation cost.

As true as we all know that is, the general public and the sponsors want to see the races themselves being green, not all the crap going on behind the scenes. It is what it is, nothing will change that.

kharma45

wzc1C.jpg

Made me chuckle.

mblitek

Ouch, this thread is suffocating after we were moved into the plebeian community. I've been massively sick with C-difficile infection :eek:

Better now though and I can start posting!

6YtQw.jpg

pP2q7.jpg

Circuit of The Americas has reached another paving milestone! Today the the crew is laying final piece of base course and completing the entire first layer of pavement around the track. This process is referred to as “marrying the track" and is taking place from Turn 20, through the starting grid and up the hill to Turn 1. Unlike building a traditional sports complex like a stadium or ballpark the major portion of construction for Circuit of The Americas is building the “track” itself. About ten feet of Central Texas clay was excavated the entire length of the track. A black poly material 30 millimeters in thickness was then placed along the length of the excavated portion. This material acts as an envelope for layers of select fill to be placed so that it remains exactly in place.

Shaneus

Ouch, this thread is suffocating after we were moved into the plebeian community. I've been massively sick with C-difficile infection :eek:

Better now though and I can start posting!
Shit man, that's no good :(

But yeah, this has definitely dropped off since being moved... but maybe it's also due to the break?

Xun

Shit man, that's no good :(

But yeah, this has definitely dropped off since being moved... but maybe it's also due to the break?
Even for a break I don't think it has ever been this bad before. What a shame.

Also sorry to hear that mblitek, I only just read your post!

Dilly

Banned
Hah yeah, but still, I like the atmosphere of the track and I don't think the lay-out is that bad.

It provided some great images in the last few years.

mblitek

Uhm guys, are you not forgetting the all time best memory!?

Piquet Corner! What a disgrace to the family and others that may have innocently been involved. As for Flavio Briatore, screw him. I still can't believe that he is Mark Webber's manager.

Edit: Thanks for all the well wishes too, it is certainly not one having to stay inside for a whole month.

Omiee

Been busy with work, man i cant believe we have to wait a month for the next race. im glad im going on vacation next week so i wont miss it that much.

Sadly, costs need to be lowered. I'd love for the cars to reach 2004 levels again, but it won't happen as long as the economy is this bad. And there's the environmental concerns regarding the big teams driving a billion laps a day.

I'd rather have 6 top teams than having cost saving measures so hrt, marrusia and caterham can be in the sport.

Costs would spiral way out of control and the grid would shrink to eight cars maximum.

Thats not necessarily true, we had 10 teams back when Ferrari was dominating and we had no limit on spending or testing.

He wouldn't care if it meant a Vettel win every race.

Lol thats not true, i think RBR would actually lose a lot of ground on mclaren and ferrari if they get to test all season long and spend as much money as they want.

Come on guys, do we really need 5 weeks of this shit? Baiting him is just as bad as what he does.

I'm oke with that, as long as we keep the discussion and thread going in stead of putting people on ignore lists like immature people. I dont like what your saying so im going to start ignoring you. Wtf is up with that.

You guys should visit the NBA thread sometimes. I think some of you would not last a day.

Ah, I'm only fooling around, Omiee, no harm intended.
But I do think if testing was allowed the top 3 teams would spend like mad and end up miles ahead of the field. Many teams would leave including Lotus and Mercedes, neither team being massively rich. It's not 2005 anymore when mid table teams (well, those without wins anyway) like Toyota and Honda could spend hundreds of millions every year.

I know your right, but i really want the era back where formula 1 was the pinacle of auto sport. We went from v12's to v10's and now were going to v6's wtf!!
F1 to me is cars going as fast as they can, lately its been go as fast as you can before FIA bans your new idea.

what assists? they've already removed TC and LC

DRS, KERS and more things.

I didn't even notice we've been moved to community. I have the thread subscribed and access through my subscriptions usually. I did find it odd I hadn't seen the thread in off topic first page for a while. I thought maybe it had something to do with the Olympics since I believe most of F1 GAF is British and you all would be busy with that.

This break sucks. 28 days till Belgium qualifying. :/

Chris R

Spa is off the calendar for sure in 2013 right? Or does the deal with France start in 2014?

If so I'd love to be at Spa in 2014... if not then I guess 2015. It is my favorite track and I'd love to visit Europe sometime soonish, just have to save up and do it!

Dilly

Banned
Spa is off the calendar for sure in 2013 right? Or does the deal with France start in 2014?

If so I'd love to be at Spa in 2014... if not then I guess 2015. It is my favorite track and I'd love to visit Europe sometime soonish, just have to save up and do it!

Its contract has been extended.

Thread got ousted. How sad

Hey guys,

my sincere condolences for what happened to our threads.

EB: "Now kiss"
526986_268074693305155_330494328_n.jpg

Nice Kimi pic I came across. That's from 2008. He looks like a Final Fantasy hero
660614_515x278.jpg

He never learns!
304871_267120593400565_1517818727_n.jpg

"So thats how my car looks like from the side?..mmm. who cares"
255345_265363423576282_1810366226_n.jpg

"it stinks"
553869_261307053981919_2107173827_n.jpg

"Romain is faster than you"
283612_256274347818523_765369917_n.jpg

borat-thumbs-up.jpg

22 days till the action starts and 23 days till Kimi's win.. can't wait!

Sauber had talks with VW for the 2014 engines, but is likely to stay with Ferrari.

"There is nothing in place, [but] it is a logical step for us to first go and talk to our current engine partner, because we do have a long history together," Kaltenborn explained.

"But all is open because I don't think they themselves know about certain conditions. We have to wait.

Kaltenborn also played down talk of a potential wide-ranging partnership with VW, insisting that a recent meeting between Sauber and the German giant had not resulted in ongoing discussions.

"We were asked about a meeting, and we confirmed it took place in Geneva, and that is it, there is nothing further to say. There are no further talks," she said.

"If we want to increase our competitiveness, it is one of our targets to have a strong partner, and the strength of the partner matters. [But] we are definitely not talking to them [VW] now."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101743

Top Bottom