• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

dubc35

I tried to talk the wife into impulse buying flights to Belgium for next weekend. It actually got past the "no way" stage but of course didn't get to the yes stage. She's been to Belgium before so she wanted to do other things there than Spa. Crazy people and their crazy non-F1 views, sheesh.

I tried to talk the wife into impulse buying flights to Belgium for next weekend. It actually got past the "no way" stage but of course didn't get to the yes stage. She's been to Belgium before so she wanted to do other things there than Spa. Crazy people and their crazy non-F1 views, sheesh.

Tell me about it. My wife is a completely normal person too... sigh

Risgroo

Piguet's been mouthing off a lot lately, he sounds really bitter(don't know if his comments regarding Grosjean have been posted).

DD

Are my posts visible to everyone? I'm feeling invisible here...

I've read the original interview. This is just bad jounalism. Piquet is a good lad.

AcridMeat

Banned
I can't read Spanish.

inbeforeAlonso
zn8Wp.jpg

I can't read Spanish.

inbeforeAlonso

That´s not spanish, it´s portuguese. Bad journalism has the blame for this one, as a journalist i know how stupid my colleagues can be.

He said Senna came into the sport in an era where you didn´t had to be also a mechanic, and that made things easier to him. He said he might not have the same sucess if he was a driver in the 70´s because he didn´t had that mechanic side aspect like Piquet senior.

There´s nothing to create there, but websites and newspapers do whatever it takes to generate hits and purchases.

DD

That´s not spanish, it´s portuguese. Bad journalism has the blame for this one, as a journalist i know how stupid my colleagues can be.

He said Senna came into the sport in an era where you didn´t had to be also a mechanic, and that made things easier to him. He said he might not have the same sucess if he was a driver in the 70´s because he didn´t had that mechanic side aspect like Piquet senior.

There´s nothing to create there, but websites and newspapers do whatever it takes to generate hits and purchases.
This.

Sorry I couldn't translate it earlyer. I had a terrible day at work today.

Piquet Jr. even said that Senna was the the greatest driver ever in therms of raw speed.

About Kimi, he didn't said that Kimi is a weak driver, he just said that after two years away from the F1, he's not in his top form, and that's why he thinks that Grosjean seems to be doing so well against a world champion.

Was he specifically asked "how well will Senna do in a different decade?", otherwise I don't see the reason to bring his name and say he can't do well in X year under Y conditions!

EDIT: notice the underlined. Completely unnecessary to say such a thing about someone who's considered a national hero in his own home country.

For Chinman's fans. 18 yo Webber - http://www.gpupdate.net/en/videos/2501/18-year-old-mark-webber-in-1995/

Piquet camp clarifies Ayrton Senna comments

“I gave Emerson Fittipaldi as an example. Nowhere did I say that one is better or worse than the other,” he insisted.

“Along the same lines, they (journalists) made another attempt to create controversy where there is not with my statement about Ayrton Senna.

“I said that if Ayrton had raced ten years earlier he would not have had the success that my father had.

“They were different times and realities. At the turn of the 70s to the 80s, reliability was much lower and drivers had to have much more of a mechanical side.

“It was no accident that my father developed the tyre heaters, active suspension, improved the turbo engines and worked on several other solutions that everyone knows about.

“Like me, Ayrton arrived in Europe concerned only about driving. He was a super fast driver and the best one in terms of pure speed.

“But he didn’t have the same repertoire for the mechanical side as did the previous generation, and so didn’t have to worry so much about preserving the gearbox, the engine.

Volkswagen denies 2015 F1 project reports

But the marque’s marketing and communications boss Stefan Moser said: “Nothing has changed since our last statement.

“We are continuing to focus on the WRC. Entering formula one is not an issue for us right now,” he told Germany’s motorsport-magazin.com.

Shaneus

WRC is dead. I'd love to see VW (or a subsidiary, obviously) in Formula 1. In particular, I think Audi would be a great team to suit the pedigree and professionalism that's involved with F1 (in general).

PS. Thanks MJ!

amar212

To be honest, Bugatti would be the only real marquee to use on F1 for VW group.

For instance, Bugatti Type 35 was the most successful racing car in history, it holds more than 1000 victories in its era.

Either Porsche, Lamborghini or Audi can't match Bugatti's prestige and historical significance.

Also, it would be the only marquee in their portfolio not to be impacted by actual performance. Even if they finish 10th every race, brand would not be hurt. And technically, they manufacture their own engines too.

To be honest, Bugatti would be the only real marquee to use on F1 for VW group.

For instance, Bugatti Type 35 was the most successful racing car in history, it holds more than 1000 victories in its era.

Either Porsche, Lamborghini or Audi can't match Bugatti's prestige and historical significance.

Also, it would be the only marquee in their portfolio not to be impacted by actual performance. Even if they finish 10th every race, brand would not be hurt. And technically, they manufacture their own engines too.

To be honest, I completely forgot about Bugatti's existence.

Shaneus

Shit, me too. Bugatti would be perfect for the sport, I'd think. As long as they don't make an entrance/exit similar to Jaguar.

Felt sorry for Felipe after reading this

Massa is quoted by Brazil’s Globo as saying he has always been under pressure in F1.

“At Sauber I was fired after my first year, and being test driver I had to have good results to get another chance. Then in my first year at Ferrari, Kimi Raikkonen was already signed and no one knew if Michael Schumacher would stop or not.

“Then we can speak about Valentino Rossi…actually, in my career, I have been through more difficult times,” he insisted.

http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/v...ent+Formula+1+News)&utm_content=Google+Reader

Bottas being polite

“I think that we were really unlucky in the results of the last races,” Bottas is quoted by Brazil’s Globo Esporte.

“We should have more points,” he added, referring to Williams’ seventh place in the constructors’ championship, placing the team between Sauber and Force India.

“The car has more pace than it has seemed,” said Bottas.

i really hope he gets a seat next year. Prupose is safe so Senna must go

I actually miss Rubens

“Formula 1 ended too early for me. I am the driver with the most experience, but I thought that it would last longer.

“Some people have tried to bury me, but actually it’s not my time yet,” he insisted.

Finally, Barrichello moved to settle the argument about who is the greatest F1 driver of all time.

“I have no doubts about that: Ayrton Senna,” he said, before smiling: “Or maybe you were hoping I would say Schumacher?”

Ark

WRC is dead. I'd love to see VW (or a subsidiary, obviously) in Formula 1. In particular, I think Audi would be a great team to suit the pedigree and professionalism that's involved with F1 (in general).

VW has absolutely zero need to go into F1. It would be a pointless venture when they already dominate the WEC with Audi, and in 2014 they're bringing back Porsche to LMP1.

Also F1 is too silly for a team like Audi.

I'm still hoping Honda will start supplying engines when the new regulations come in in 2014.

amar212

I'm still hoping Honda will start supplying engines when the new regulations come in in 2014.

I would love to see Toyota getting their engines under Lexus brand for Williams team.

Lexus Williams™

Would be the greatest name in the history of sport.

Orgun

Just discovered that the ticket agency I used for Spa (http://www.spafrancorchamps.be/spa-francorchamps/f1-tickets.asp) has gone bankrupt. The race organisers are sending out replacement race tickets, but now I'm out of a place to camp.

Any recommendations for a campsite within walking distance to the circuit at short notice?

You got caught by that too? Our guy just bought new tickets and is getting a refund through his credit card company for the originals.

ANDY_098

You got caught by that too? Our guy just bought new tickets and is getting a refund through his credit card company for the originals.

Unfortunately. My race tickets arrived from the race organisers today though, so I just need to book a new camping pitch. Where did you re-order from?

Chris R

I sent an email in but I'm expecting the same kind of response back :| Really want to sit at T1, but not if I have to scalp my other seat.

Well they did say I could upgrade, but I'd have to buy a PSL and season tickets to do so.

T12 it is! Going to walk by T1 during a support race though on Friday or Saturday to get a good look at the track from on high.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Well they did say I could upgrade, but I'd have to buy a PSL and season tickets to do so.

T12 it is! Going to walk by T1 during a support race though on Friday or Saturday to get a good look at the track from on high.

That's not a reasonable way to upgrade. I think their addition on new stands and release of more tickets should have allowed at least those with GA tickets to upgrade in a more straighforward way. Oh well, I think we will sit at the T1 and T15 areas of GA if we can.

Dilly

Banned
I may be able to as well. When is it next year? I may try going to Hungaroring instead.

It's usually around end of August, beginning of September.

Edmond Dantès;41358368 said:
So, one 'seven time champion' is to be stripped of his titles. I wonder what would happen if the same were to occur in F1.

Interesting thought, let's see!

2004: Barichello WC
2003: Raikonnen WC
2002: Barichello WC
2001: Coulthard WC
2000: Hakinnen WC
1995: Hill WC
1994: Hill WC

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
It's usually around end of August, beginning of September.

Interesting thought, let's see!

2004: Barichello WC
2003: Raikonnen WC
2002: Barichello WC
2001: Coulthard WC
2000: Hakkinen WC
1995: Hill WC
1994: Hill WC

Hakkinen's probably the most deserving of the seven drivers. Certainly in terms of talent.

Mika Hakkinen, triple World Champion has a nice ring to it.

Top Bottom