• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Been on blackout since yesterday, just watched the race. F..k this championship. F..k RedBull. F..k Vettel. And f..k FIA for not penaltying the brat, he overtook in yellows and he is ridiculously lucky. I mean, who the f... is being hit in the first lap like this and continues to race. Buuuuuuuurrnnnnnnnnnnn.

They were slippery track warnings, not yellows.

Also, grow up.

Massa

Been on blackout since yesterday, just watched the race. F..k this championship. F..k RedBull. F..k Vettel. And f..k FIA for not penaltying the brat, he overtook in yellows and he is ridiculously lucky. I mean, who the f... is being hit in the first lap like this and continues to race. Buuuuuuuurrnnnnnnnnnnn.

And btw I don't usually use the word brat but it sooo fits Vettel, I mean look at him, he's like the Justin Bieber of F1... anyway gotta catch up with all the aftermath/media etc...

I think the brat is the guy proclaiming himself the best driver of the season when instead he should be recognizing he was beaten by V3ttel yet again.

Grim1ock

Banned
I am really disappointed to see alonso lose the title. Formula 1 is in danger of becoming so boring. Schumacher nearly killed the sport the other day when he kept winning.

And lewis oh my the unluckiest driver on the grid.

On driving alone I reckon Hamilton deserved it more than anyone this year... and that coming from someone who really doesn't like Hamilton.

Lach

I am really disappointed to see alonso lose the title. Formula 1 is in danger of becoming so boring. Schumacher nearly killed the sport the other day when he kept winning.

This year was far away from those Schumi Domination years (2001-2004). I don't mind Vettel winning as long as he doesn't dominate as he did last year.

This year was far away from those Schumi Domination years (2001-2004). I don't mind Vettel winning as long as he doesn't dominate as he did last year.

While I can't say that the season was boring, Red Bull did such a leap after the break, that they kind of dominated 2011 style.

Milchjon

The main reason why Vettel deserves it is that he's not Hamilton or Alonso ;-)

I'd like to see someone else win it next year, though. Raikkönen would be ideal.

While I can't say that the season was boring, Red Bull did such a leap after the break, that they kind of dominated 2011 style.

what? In Belgium, Italy, Singapore, Abu Dhabi, Brazil had McLaren the best car.

Red Bull had Japan, Korea and India. And Mclaren and Red Bull were on par in the USA.

Goldrusher

Some interesting fun facts:

- This is the third time Alonso has been within 5 points of winning the Drivers’ Championship.

- In both of Schumacher’s last races before his retirements, the podium featured Alonso, Massa and Button.

- McLaren scored points in every race where Hamilton and Button were team mates.

- Maldonado became the first driver to receive a penalty for collecting too many reprimands.
- His third reprimand of the year earned him his tenth penalty of 2012, giving him twice as many as any other driver.

- Kimi Raikkonen’s mistake in trying to rejoin the track via a closed escape road cost him a lot of time and led to him being lapped. As a result he failed to complete every lap of the 20-race season – he did 1,191 out of 1,192.​

More: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/11/26/2012-brazilian-grand-prix-stats-facts/

DD

Some interesting fun facts:

- This is the third time Alonso has been within 5 points of winning the Drivers’ Championship.

- In both of Schumacher’s last races before his retirements, the podium featured Alonso, Massa and Button.

- McLaren scored points in every race where Hamilton and Button were team mates.

- Maldonado became the first driver to receive a penalty for collecting too many reprimands.
- His third reprimand of the year earned him his tenth penalty of 2012, giving him twice as many as any other driver.

- Kimi Raikkonen’s mistake in trying to rejoin the track via a closed escape road cost him a lot of time and led to him being lapped. As a result he failed to complete every lap of the 20-race season – he did 1,191 out of 1,192.​

More: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/11/26/2012-brazilian-grand-prix-stats-facts/
And HRT scored the same amount of points in every race they participated on the last three seasons!

Klocker

that BBC wrap up made Speed TV's goodbye ending look like a school play.

I'm pissed that Steve Matchett is moving to NBC with F1. could have used some fresh blood. His insights are old and washed up from nostalgia-land and not grounded in a lot of current information. Need new blood. Not to mention he is a boring arrogant ass.

Deadman

GIXeA.jpg

FNsJm.jpg

HUesh.jpg

The real question is what will he start doing after he wins his 10th title

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Ferrari should bring Flavio back to F1.

Also, Schumacher will have a meeting with Mercedes GP leadership for his (possible) future role in the team

Adamm

Also, Schumacher will have a meeting with Mercedes GP leadership for his (possible) future role in the team

I was hoping he would go back to Ferrari as an Advisor again - he still doesn't look right in Mercedes colours.

And in memory of Kobayashi I would post one of my all time favorite F1 pictures:

ryball-26_600.jpg

ramparter

Banned
Dat first lap!
I still can't believe it, Alonso passing both Massa and Webber for 3rd place with Vettel being on the back with a damaged car. God why do you torture us like this???

Jokes aside, author of that 'shop really displayed the essence of Kobayashi. Hope he gets a seat next season in F1. Was sad when I saw his recent website..

Dead Man

Gorgeous shots. I'll miss you Koba. ;_;

Yeah. I think he made the same mistake lots of drivers do when they have a midfield car of being too aggressive, to try to prove how fast they are. The pressure must be crazy when you are so close to a good drive.

CiSTM

Banned

Isn't Flavio banned from F1 or any other FIA governed motorsport for X amount of years? I think Flavio said he'll be back once the ban ends, but on the other hand dude is getting old.

neoanarch

Yeah. I think he made the same mistake lots of drivers do when they have a midfield car of being too aggressive, to try to prove how fast they are. The pressure must be crazy when you are so close to a good drive.

This cost Perez so many points since the McClaren announcement. He did great in the Sauber because of his relaxed easy driving. All of that went out once he felt he had something to prove.

Shaneus

Fuck I wish I knew what was happening with Petrov. Or Heikki. Or KK.

So many drivers I don't hate, no idea where any of them are going. This off-season will be murder :(

Top Bottom