• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

Don't you mean Koba and Hamilton? ;)

Hopefully they sort something out for the rest of us, I wouldn't mind donating a few £ for a guy I've loved watching these past few years

Oh I wish.. I was just being sarcastic, given that it would have a disastrous outcome if Gros+Hamilton where in that position

dubc35

That's frustrating, I'm sure he can double that amount if only there was some other means to pay and an english version of his site.

Maybe we should email autosport or another famous website and ask for that? I'm sure they would be able to help

Fuck it, going straight to the man himself.

kamui.png

Business

Just imagine next year Grosjean and Hamilton in the same situation?[/QUOTE]

Can't say Schumacher has been generally brilliant on these situations during his return. On the other hand Kimi has been excellent throughout the season, always fair and always knowing when to back off.

Ark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMKwpQGXQ9A&feature=youtu.be

I have no idea where I found this, I had a quick scan through this thread and couldn't find it in my current tired & ill state so I figured it was worth a post anyway :)

It's the entire Brazilian GP from various on-board cameras. I've been watching it on and off, they have all the key moments on there, like Hulkenberg's POV with Hamilton, etc etc.

Omiee

I will. I'll start sending out questions on Monday.

I will help you out. I will try to figure out some questions and send out some pm's.

Ill send you a file with questions and answers.

if you need any help with the visuals etc just shoot.

We should maybe pm sunhilegend if he wants to work on some gifs.

Leunam

I will help you out. I will try to figure out some questions and send out some pm's.

Ill send you a file with questions and answers.

if you need any help with the visuals etc just shoot.

We should maybe pm sunhilegend if he wants to work on some gifs.

No need to send the questions in a file, just copy it into the body of the PM. Thanks for the help.

Shaneus

Yeah, definitely. Someone posted it earlier in the thread but I can't remember in what context. That was the first time I'd heard it, too. It's just great to see passion from someone in a directorial role (in comparison to hands on) being so passionate about the sport (seemingly) purely for the benefit of said sport and not for political reasons.

I'm not sure what he's like outside of F1, but in it he sure gained a shitload of respect from me. F1 needs more people like him making the big decisions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMKwpQGXQ9A&feature=youtu.be

I have no idea where I found this, I had a quick scan through this thread and couldn't find it in my current tired & ill state so I figured it was worth a post anyway :)

It's the entire Brazilian GP from various on-board cameras. I've been watching it on and off, they have all the key moments on there, like Hulkenberg's POV with Hamilton, etc etc.

That video is fantastic. Kimi vs Schumacher got a bit touchy before Kimi made his move from the outside, it was around 1:02 something at turn one

Wes

venison crêpe
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet. I live quite near the Red Bull factory and it's been reported in the local press that every member of staff there, from the engineers through to the cooks, and cleaners have been given a £10k bonus as a result of the team winning.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet. I live quite near the Red Bull factory and it's been reported in the local press that every member of staff there, from the engineers through to the cooks, and cleaners have been given a £10k bonus as a result of the team winning.
It's pretty common practice, but awesome nonetheless.

Yeah they've got a very bonus-orientated culture at Red Bull. Wouldn't be surprised if the base salary for everyone at the MK base is a bus pass.

Just how big a step forward do you think Marussia can take in 2013?

I think the step they made this year was absolutely huge. Speaking to (Technical Consultant) Pat Symonds on Thursday morning, next year’s car sounds very, very good. With the addition of KERS as well, that’s just free time. There’s no loss of time by installing it, it’s just pure time they’re going to find with that.

KERS in itself would put us further up the grid and if we’re having the car they say we will then it’s going to be a very promising year. Pat seems to think we’ve found a lot. I think that combined with KERS and everyone’s drive from this year, just losing out on tenth in the last round, the team is looking very strong for next year.
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/288126/exclusive-interview-with-max-chilton/

Shaneus

Yes, that's why it would've been such an achievement to beat Caterham and that's why many see caterham as a real disappointment this season.
Well, it's not why people see them as a disappointment in 2012, it just would've been another indicator that they were shit. Their results regardless of whether Marussia were nipping at their heels or not were shithouse considering the expectations. But I know what you're getting at :)

I'm not sure where I got the impression, but for some reason I thought they were going to be fighting the likes of STR (and to a lesser extent Sauber and FI) for places this year (considering STR had two rookie drivers and would be slower than they should because of this). That they never remotely looked like challenging EVER should be a massive disappointment to the team.

kharma45

Maybe it wasn't in their budget or the car wasn't designed around KERS?

Budget was the problem iirc.

I can see them doing well enough next year, they should take good strides forward with their McLaren partnership.

A shame that Caterham beat them in the constructors.

Just finished watching the last F1 Debrief on Speed. Everyone was pretty sad and you can tell they wanted more than an hour with the amount of things to talk about over the last 17 years. Hopefully the NBC coverage next year won't disappoint :/

Top Bottom