• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT2| WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SEASON?!

But he does blame everyone else when something goes wrong ;)

Absolutely, another crybaby, but I think Alonso is a bit worst but at the same time smarter. He made everyone in the media doubt Vettel's ability and made them repeat that it's Vettel's car not him who wont the championship.

LdM says Vetetl next in line, and he's keeping an eye on youngsters including Crashjean!!

http://www.f1zone.net/news/montezemolo-vettel-next-in-line-for-number-1-ferrari-seat/17237/

James Hunt hits a marshal - http://www.gpupdate.net/en/videos/2905/james-hunt-hits-a-marshal-canada-1977/

That's why Kimi likes him? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogC1w_RAnxU

Absolutely, another crybaby, but I think Alonso is a bit worst but at the same time smarter.

I've got pretty much zero tolerance for arrogance, or even mild confidence in most cases, but Alonso just seems to get away with it because he's just that damn good. I almost admire him for it. The bugger.

Contrast that with the likes of Webber, Button, Hamilton et al. (who I'd much rather see succeed) showing confidence and my gut reaction is usually "Steady on now, chap."

Fisico

Because he (Vettel) is younger, and because Ferrari would be Hamilton’s third team. And if you’ve reached your third team, your career is already in its second half.”

It doesn't make any sense, Ferrari would be Vettel's fourth team.

Meanwhile at Ferrari, they keep him:

untitled-36ikex.gif

I'm a Kamui fan just as much as the rest of you, but didn't he almost mow down his entire pit crew? I'd say that's a bit worse.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
I like Suzy Perry, she should do a good job for the BBC.

Looks like Sky has Monaco live rights for next year.

Adamm

BBC have some sweet races this year

Monaco, Valencia, Singapore, Korea & Abu Dhabi

Canada, Japan, India, TBA & Italy

(the rest are the same)

:D

EDIT: Missing the opener is no big loss. Why would they waste one of their live races for one that is on at 5am, most people would just watch the repeat/highlights anyway

Jensen

Suzi Perry is official

Also...

Missing the opener again. How utterly ridiculous.
Should have been Lee Mckenzie. Better live races this year even without Monaco.

DC will probably not be part of the BBC's coverage anymore, Eddie Jordan didn't seem too keen to do non-live races last year and that probably hasn't changed. Looks like those few years of full BBC coverage will continue to be the benchmark for a while yet.

6am is hardly ungodly. Had it been something like 01:00 to 05:00 then I could see it.

7am for Japan isn't exactly a world apart.

The race start might not be that bad*, but the biggest losses of non-live build up (practice sessions and race build up) certainly are. It's far better to have the early hours races delayed until lunch time than to have a lunch race delayed to evening or an evening race delayed to the middle of the night.

*To rabid F1 fans, that is. To any casuals, you can forget about it.

Should have been Lee Mckenzie. Better live races this year even without Monaco.

DC will probably not be part of the BBC's coverage anymore, Eddie Jordan didn't seem too keen to do non-live races last year and that probably hasn't changed. Looks like those few years of full BBC coverage will continue to be the benchmark for a while yet.

McKenzie was awful when fronting the coverage and the BBC agree. Good decision signing up Perry.

Sky confirmed their lineup the other day so no DC switch there, I think he'll be sticking around with the BBC.

Leunam

There will be a thread, but sometimes more important things like work or real life and things like that get in the way.

Yes. For instance, I was hoping to have today and yesterday off but alas, my boss needs me. And this weekend is filled with shopping and parties. And then there's Christmas right after.

I haven't forgotten about the thread guys, believe me. :)

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Ferrari is splitting their development team in two - one for 2013 and one for 2014.

Handy preparation for possible excuses :D

Yes. For instance, I was hoping to have today and yesterday off but alas, my boss needs me. And this weekend is filled with shopping and parties. And then there's Christmas right after.

I haven't forgotten about the thread guys, believe me. :)

I know exactly how you feel. I delayed an OT for two or three weeks until I gave up and gave it to someone else. Work was killer these last couple of weeks and I just couldn't get it done.

I guess in reality it's got a lot to do with the fact that they've also got to come up with a new engine for 2014. Obviously that's not something McLaren and Red Bull concern themselves with (though they do have input on the design).

Ark

I guess in reality it's got a lot to do with the fact that they've also got to come up with a new engine for 2014. Obviously that's not something McLaren and Red Bull concern themselves with (though they do have input on the design).

I imagine engine design is separate from the motorsport division at Ferrari? No idea how that would work.

"Red bull has destroyed our whole team for 3 years in a row, perhaps half our team can beat them"

Genius...

Or they realised that they can't beat Newey this gen so might as well have a head start for the next gen cars?

I think it's smart, their car wasn't half bad towards the end of the season this year, and they don't need a full team focusing on it for next year as the gained margins won't be that huge I think.

I say it's actually a smart move

Hey guys!

I missed the last few races starting with the US one. Is there any place that I can watch it ondemand via cable or Internet or do I have to wait for the F1 Year in Review DVD to get a summary? I am in the US.

Top Bottom